The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jul 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #6,646 of 9,165
Downloading of 2.01 firmware:

Guys, for some reasons, I have an error message when trying to unpack the ZIP file downloaded from the iRiver site ! Any one experienced this ?

thanks in advance

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #6,647 of 9,165
Quote:
Downloading of 2.01 firmware:

Guys, for some reasons, I have an error message when trying to unpack the ZIP file downloaded from the iRiver site ! Any one experienced this ?

thanks in advance

You'll have to keep trying until the download completes. Their US site is crap for downloading files. No consistency at all...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #6,650 of 9,165
Quote:
Hey guys, where exactly did you download Listrid 2.0 firmware? I noticed some dropbox link. Is that it? Thanks for help. Would be nice to have a direct link from the author from his/her forum.

Okay, found it. This is the original thread in which listrid (the author) actually comments. It is in Russian so use google translate.

A post with download links + some info (in Russian)
http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?showtopic=17303&st=1100#entry524085

The file in question AK100.hex (listrid 2.0) is:

CRC-32: ada44ade
    MD5: 170dab07984189a0f80b7aefa387c1a2
 SHA-1: 3d7f5f7dcf06012e4dcf6b48c6981882a36c8f8b

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #6,651 of 9,165
Quote:

Okay, found it. This is the original thread in which listrid (the author) actually comments. It is in Russian so use google translate.

A post with download links + some info (in Russian)
http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?showtopic=17303&st=1100#entry524085

The file in question AK100.hex (listrid 2.0) is:

CRC-32: ada44ade
    MD5: 170dab07984189a0f80b7aefa387c1a2
 SHA-1: 3d7f5f7dcf06012e4dcf6b48c6981882a36c8f8b

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tft1ydwrdbk9dh2/uF3du-7MCR/Listrid%20patch%202

There you go

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #6,653 of 9,165
Quote:
Hi, thank you for answering.

Loud drumfills have alot of clipping/distortion but they are almost gone with the EQ. I have tried several amps and the clipping/distortion sounds the same with all amps.

Hi Metalboy,

Is it possible for you to send me an email with the file (or a link to a dropbox account, etc) so I can test it?

Quote:
Oh, duh. Sorry, I knew that but clearly didn't engage my brain during that comment! #embarrassed

Hi Loquah,

No worries, and it happens to all of us.  When this stuff happens to me, I think of the Pixes song "Where is my mind?"  
cool.gif

"Waaaayyyy out in the water see it swimming...."   
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Vinnie

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #6,654 of 9,165
That's a pretty clever setup! I remember a few years back trying to put a microsd in the Clip+ I had just purchased, and my finger slipped and the spring sent the tiny little card flying away....took me a week to find it....lol.

That has happened to me too. I also had it pop out in my pants pocket. I didn't notice it and put the pants in the wash. The card went through the wash and the dryer. Found it in the lint trap! Surprisingly, it still worked.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #6,655 of 9,165
I had a problem with ak100 only playing a single track. No matter what setting, it would only play a single song. I would reboot and it wouild work okay for a little while, but then would end up playing only a single song again. I reinstalled 2.01 again. Now it works fine. I wonder if the corrupted fw caused that weird hang when shutting down - or the hang corrupted the fw. In any case, if you are experiencing similar problems, it can be resolved by reinstalling the firmware.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #6,656 of 9,165
I had a problem with ak100 only playing a single track. No matter what setting, it would only play a single song. I would reboot and it wouild work okay for a little while, but then would end up playing only a single song again. I reinstalled 2.01 again. Now it works fine. I wonder if the corrupted fw caused that weird hang when shutting down - or the hang corrupted the fw. In any case, if you are experiencing similar problems, it can be resolved by reinstalling the firmware.

I believe installing listrid 2.0 will solve the "hanging" problem... Everything is running smoothly for me

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #6,657 of 9,165
Hello

I just purchased an ak100 and have a couple questions. I attempted to do the update from page 384 on this thread but not sure it worked. I downloaded the files for the listrid 2.0 upgrade decompressed the 1st egg and got the hex file. I put the hex file outside of all folders and disconnected the device from my computer. It appeared to do the upgrade but when I booted up it still says version 1.3 and in system information it says 1.0.

Is that what it should be saying or did I do something wrong? It did recognize my 64gb memory card in one of the card slots.

Thanks for any help you can give
Mike

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #6,659 of 9,165
Hello

I just purchased an ak100 and have a couple questions. I attempted to do the update from page 384 on this thread but not sure it worked. I downloaded the files for the listrid 2.0 upgrade decompressed the 1st egg and got the hex file. I put the hex file outside of all folders and disconnected the device from my computer. It appeared to do the upgrade but when I booted up it still says version 1.3 and in system information it says 1.0.

Is that what it should be saying or did I do something wrong? It did recognize my 64gb memory card in one of the card slots.

Thanks for any help you can give
Mike

That is correct. The boot screen will show the last FW boot screen and the system info will show version 1.0 despite it being version 2.0 (apparently).

Frankly, I returned to 2.01. I personally have a problem with FW that the author cannot be bothered to display his version correctly. What other shortcuts are taken to ensure I don't brick my $700 investment? I'm perfectly happy with 2.01 on my RWAK100. You see I'm not against mods, as I have one of Vinnie's AK100s. That's because Vinnie has been thorough and does things properly.

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #6,660 of 9,165
Quote:
I personally have a problem with FW that the author cannot be bothered to display his version correctly. What other shortcuts are taken to ensure I don't brick my $700 investment?

From what I understand Listrids FW is basically a 'patch' that utilizes the original iriver 'boot screen' from what ever FW version it is loaded onto. It does not re-write the FW version # in that front screen. What it does do is 'fix' issues with the iriver FW and that it does very well apparently. Many use Listrids FW 'patches' with great success on both the AK100 and the AK120. I hardly think he took 'shortcuts'. Many of us are very glad he cared enough to fix the various blunders and limitations of the original iriver FW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back