The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #646 of 719

I got the T2 silver cable recently. You can see it next to the T1 cable. The T2 looks nicer, but that's partly due to the T1 getting old...

May 11, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #647 of 719
Ted did a great job reterminating my Silver Litz 2 to fit the tiny, tiny mmcx connectors used on my Obravo's.

Obravo 02.jpg

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #649 of 719
Just got Ted's T2 Silver balanced cable for my Utopias and the pairing is perfect - great sub bass extension and very complimentary to the awesome high end capabilities of the Utopias. I auditioned the Utopias at the last SF Meet and those had the KImber Axios cables. While nice looking, I can't say the Kimber cables did much for me. I may get flamed for saying that but I would say listen first, then save yourself $1K and get the T2 cable from Ted, especially if you want a little more sub bass extension.

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #650 of 719
Just got Ted's T2 Silver balanced cable for my Utopias and the pairing is perfect - great sub bass extension and very complimentary to the awesome high end capabilities of the Utopias. I auditioned the Utopias at the last SF Meet and those had the KImber Axios cables. While nice looking, I can't say the Kimber cables did much for me. I may get flamed for saying that but I would say listen first, then save yourself $1K and get the T2 cable from Ted, especially if you want a little more sub bass extension.
I agree that they are substantially better than the original T1. Kimbers are pretty, but I'm skeptical about the added value. Also think it's interesting that a couple of threads I follow (flickenick's iem shootout for example) are really ramping up discussions about the not subtle enhancements of the new Asian cables coming out (like Effect Audio and PW). I really find it hard to believe a lot of what I'm reading about cables that are reaching $1,000+ in price. Pricing is becoming mind boggling, and I sit here totally content with my T2! Keep in mind that I'm not a naysayer about the benefit of cable upgrades, I'm just seeing the law of diminishing returns really kicking in with the outrageous pricing of some of these cables.

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #659 of 719
Here is a picture of three T2 silver litz cables that I have. On the left is the UM Pro 50. The middle one is a balanced cable that I use for the HD 650 when I want to hook it up to the Fiio X7 (portable option). On the right is the cable currently connected to the HD 650 and Schiit Valhalla. Not bad, right?

Edit: the picture won't show up. Something appears to be busted. Until I figure this out, you can see the picture in this imgur album.

Attachments

• DSC05836.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back