"The Lab"
May 27, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #17,596 of 20,136
  Man cave in the attic!!!  NICE!!!

beerchug.gif

Yes Alex, my little slice of heaven, mom and the boys get the rest of the house and I'm AOK with that
wink_face.gif

It's my decompression chamber
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #17,598 of 20,136
May 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #17,600 of 20,136
14xa9d.jpg

​
 ​

​
 ​
I ordered a new ATH-MSR7 (sold & fulfilled by Amazon) and that's what I received - something that has been definitely used before. Grease, fingerprints and dandruff everywhere (my smartphone cam did not cover it well - in reality, it looked worse and was pretty disgusting). Yikes!
It was sold with a "recyclable packaging" which is nothing but a "frustration-free packaging", which actually means that there is no classical neutral cardboard packaging but the product is shipped with the shipping label stuck directly to the product package (not a clever thing imho, especially as Audio Technica does not seal their product packages).
Was it already a used product in their warehouse? Did someone in the transport chain take my headphones for a test-drive? Is the story of the mail man who takes the recipient's headphones out to audition actually true? All of these situations could be the case.

Good thing though, the MSR7 was exchanged and the replacement I received today (with express courier service) was fortunately new and was packed in a neutral cardboard box.
So in the end, it turned out well. 
smile.gif

May 28, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #17,601 of 20,136
Absolutely love MSR7, still use it daily with my laptop :)

I think the previous owner of your original pair exchanged it for a supply of dandruff shampoo
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #17,602 of 20,136
14xa9d.jpg

​

​

​

​

I ordered a new ATH-MSR7 (sold & fulfilled by Amazon) and that's what I received - something that has been definitely used before. Grease, fingerprints and dandruff everywhere (my smartphone cam did not cover it well - in reality, it looked worse and was pretty disgusting). Yikes!

It was sold with a "recyclable packaging" which is nothing but a "frustration-free packaging", which actually means that there is no classical neutral cardboard packaging but the product is shipped with the shipping label stuck directly to the product package (not a clever thing imho, especially as Audio Technica does not seal their product packages).

Was it already a used product in their warehouse? Did someone in the transport chain take my headphones for a test-drive? Is the story of the mail man who takes the recipient's headphones out to audition actually true? All of these situations could be the case.

Good thing though, the MSR7 was exchanged and the replacement I received today (with express courier service) was fortunately new and was packed in a neutral cardboard box.

So in the end, it turned out well. :smile:  

Man, I can't tell you how mych that stuff annoys me:unamused: if my add says as new then it better be new and in it's iriginal packaging or it goes back:confused: Glad it all worked out:smile:

:beers:

May 29, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #17,604 of 20,136
As opposed to ate them? :confused:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 29, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #17,607 of 20,136
Rose Pudding (2499 Yuan):

> Flagship Hybrid Model
> 4 Balanced Armatures + Single Dynamic Driver
> Sensitivity: 102dB/mW
> Impedence: 6Ohm
> Frequency Response: 8-26800hz

Great shot Nik, I have the 5 BA model in my cart right now. Moving a couple things before I pull the trigger:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

May 29, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #17,608 of 20,136
As opposed to ate them? :confused:

Rose Pudding (2499 Yuan):

> Flagship Hybrid Model
> 4 Balanced Armatures + Single Dynamic Driver
> Sensitivity: 102dB/mW
> Impedence: 6Ohm
> Frequency Response: 8-26800hz

6ohms? Sounds like they will indeed come out a pudding mess out of most sources :ph34r:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back