"The Lab"
May 21, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #17,551 of 20,136

Ozone machine? I wouldn't need to worry about poisoning myself. I'm hoping - and some anecdotal evidence proves true - that the smoke damage may not really be that bad. Nothing in my neighbourhood actually burnt, and I made sure that the windows were tightly closed before I fled. The city has had some horrible air quality for a few days - apparently unable to even support life without a respirator mask, so not really sure what I'm going find when I get back. Probably the fridge contents are the biggest worry

The machine poses no danger, looks similar to a space heater. You can rent one at an equipment rental. it basically recycles the air thru filters. They use them in fires all the time. I used one to remove smoke smell from a car that was owned by a relative who "death boxed" in their car, smoked with all windows up all the time. Worked like a charm, took 3 days though non stop. 
If your house was closed up you may have minimized it for certain, and yes they might have cut power so I would toss the contents of the fridge

May 21, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #17,552 of 20,136
  The machine poses no danger, looks similar to a space heater. You can rent one at an equipment rental. it basically recycles the air thru filters. They use them in fires all the time. I used one to remove smoke smell from a car that was owned by a relative who "death boxed" in their car, smoked with all windows up all the time. Worked like a charm, took 3 days though non stop. 
If your house was closed up you may have minimized it for certain, and yes they might have cut power so I would toss the contents of the fridge

I think they can also be called Ionisers or Ionizers depending on your geographical location.

May 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #17,554 of 20,136
May 21, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #17,555 of 20,136

I might check one of them out. The power got knocked out about 10-15 minutes before the police started driving round telling people to run for their lives and alot of the lines were damaged due to the fire. They've been quite vocal on the news about not opening your fridge when you get home - in fact the strongly suggest taping the doors closed so they don't accidentily open when trying to move it. I just hope the contents of mine haven't evolved into intelligent beings by now and escaped to ransack the house.

May 21, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #17,556 of 20,136
I might check one of them out. The power got knocked out about 10-15 minutes before the police started driving round telling people to run for their lives and alot of the lines were damaged due to the fire. They've been quite vocal on the news about not opening your fridge when you get home - in fact the strongly suggest taping the doors closed so they don't accidentily open when trying to move it. I just hope the contents of mine haven't evolved into intelligent beings by now and escaped to ransack the house.

I can see it now...

May 21, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #17,557 of 20,136
Don't laugh, I hear spinach salad is a particularly tough customer
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #17,558 of 20,136
FullSizeRender_3.jpg

http://headpie.blogspot.sg/2016/05/jomo-audio-6r-special-6r-universal.html

do check the Jomo 6R out by @ExpatinJapan!

personally, i rate Jomo products but my favourite is Jomo 4 due to its mesmerizing vocals.

beerchug.gif

http://www.jomoaudio.com/

May 22, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #17,559 of 20,136
Sup Labsters? I'm sure many of you have your own headphone stands and other devices used to hold your stuff. I don't. It either sits on my head, is packed in a case, or sits on my desk. Brainwavz sent me their new hanger, the Hooka, to review and I found it to be a pretty handy little thing. @Currawong also seemed to like it. Might be worth looking into if any of you are looking for a compact hanger.

I've been looking to get an inexpensive headphone stand for my K553 Pros for a while now but haven't found anything that I really wanted. Any out there that you really like? I found some interesting ones on Etsy.com, many of which are reasonably priced (~35 bucks), but haven't bit on anything yet.

May 22, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #17,560 of 20,136
  Sup Labsters? I'm sure many of you have your own headphone stands and other devices used to hold your stuff. I don't. It either sits on my head, is packed in a case, or sits on my desk. Brainwavz sent me their new hanger, the Hooka, to review and I found it to be a pretty handy little thing. @Currawong also seemed to like it. Might be worth looking into if any of you are looking for a compact hanger.

I've been looking to get an inexpensive headphone stand for my K553 Pros for a while now but haven't found anything that I really wanted. Any out there that you really like? I found some interesting ones on Etsy.com, many of which are reasonably priced (~35 bucks), but haven't bit on anything yet.

I'm eyeballing the Truss - probably will get them next year/when I get into college. Seems like a pretty sturdy and space-efficient solution.

May 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #17,562 of 20,136
  My go at a bluetooth headphone review :p

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-200/reviews/16051

Great review man. Very in depth. I agree that their bass is the start of the show. Was pretty shocked at how deep it could go. Was always under the impression that bass quantity/quality was one of the first things to fall short on Bluetooth iems. This thing offers up some pretty engaging BOOM.

May 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #17,564 of 20,136

I'm eyeballing the Truss - probably will get them next year/when I get into college. Seems like a pretty sturdy and space-efficient solution.

Agreed. The Truss seems like a decent product. Kinda limited in application though since you can only mount it under something. I would like to see them revise it so the bases the headphones rest on can twist, allowing some additional mounting flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back