1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. HiFiChris Contributor
  2. boblauer
    The machine poses no danger, looks similar to a space heater. You can rent one at an equipment rental. it basically recycles the air thru filters. They use them in fires all the time. I used one to remove smoke smell from a car that was owned by a relative who "death boxed" in their car, smoked with all windows up all the time. Worked like a charm, took 3 days though non stop. 
    If your house was closed up you may have minimized it for certain, and yes they might have cut power so I would toss the contents of the fridge

Mr Trev and Light - Man like this.
  3. Light - Man

I think they can also be called Ionisers or Ionizers depending on your geographical location.

4. boblauer
    Good point, same machine different name. Highly recommend to filter out smells in your living space.

5. audio123

great review mate!

6. Mr Trev

I might check one of them out. The power got knocked out about 10-15 minutes before the police started driving round telling people to run for their lives and alot of the lines were damaged due to the fire. They've been quite vocal on the news about not opening your fridge when you get home - in fact the strongly suggest taping the doors closed so they don't accidentily open when trying to move it. I just hope the contents of mine haven't evolved into intelligent beings by now and escaped to ransack the house.

7. x RELIC x Contributor

I can see it now...

ghostbusters-fridge-o.gif

8. Mr Trev
    Don't laugh, I hear spinach salad is a particularly tough customer[​IMG]

9. audio123
    [​IMG]

http://headpie.blogspot.sg/2016/05/jomo-audio-6r-special-6r-universal.html

do check the Jomo 6R out by @ExpatinJapan!

personally, i rate Jomo products but my favourite is Jomo 4 due to its mesmerizing vocals.

[​IMG] 
    http://www.jomoaudio.com/

RedJohn456 likes this.
  10. B9Scrambler
    Sup Labsters? I'm sure many of you have your own headphone stands and other devices used to hold your stuff. I don't. It either sits on my head, is packed in a case, or sits on my desk. Brainwavz sent me their new hanger, the Hooka, to review and I found it to be a pretty handy little thing. @Currawong also seemed to like it. Might be worth looking into if any of you are looking for a compact hanger.

I've been looking to get an inexpensive headphone stand for my K553 Pros for a while now but haven't found anything that I really wanted. Any out there that you really like? I found some interesting ones on Etsy.com, many of which are reasonably priced (~35 bucks), but haven't bit on anything yet.

RedJohn456 likes this.
  11. SerenaxD

I'm eyeballing the Truss - probably will get them next year/when I get into college. Seems like a pretty sturdy and space-efficient solution.

12. RedJohn456
    My go at a bluetooth headphone review :p

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-200/reviews/16051

Hisoundfi likes this.
  13. B9Scrambler

Great review man. Very in depth. I agree that their bass is the start of the show. Was pretty shocked at how deep it could go. Was always under the impression that bass quantity/quality was one of the first things to fall short on Bluetooth iems. This thing offers up some pretty engaging BOOM.

14. audio123
    [​IMG]

anyone tried this before?

15. B9Scrambler

Agreed. The Truss seems like a decent product. Kinda limited in application though since you can only mount it under something. I would like to see them revise it so the bases the headphones rest on can twist, allowing some additional mounting flexibility.