The Fiio X5 Thread
Nov 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #1,577 of 19,652
  Btw, the more I see peoples need, more I am thinking I am a quite basic customer.

All I need is a dap, sounds high end, true gapless in folder view/playback mode. I couldn't care for the rest. As for the user experience, over 10 hours of battery life is welcome as well smooth and fast UI responses, easy to use and operate. The capacity is also important but I believe X5 covered it quite nicely (hoping that 128 gb µ sd will also work in those slots). Worth mention, I always prefer physical controls than disgusting touch screen.

No, wifi or anything related to it (last fm things and all), no album art, no cover flow, no tag reading, no radio, no clock.. I don't need any of these and probably many more features that I can't remember/name right now but people often call them a deal breaker.

I think I am really quite a basic customer/listener.

+1, I just stick the DAP into my pocket and enjoy. I do not care if it does not even show album art. As long as it plays Hi res that is my main concern.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,578 of 19,652
This thing better have side forward/Previous and volume buttons otherwise I'm out. iPod recycled.

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #1,580 of 19,652

OMG why it's so huge!? I'm not gonna buy it with such a dimensions FOR SURE, even if it sounds like an angel!

For goodness sake people are carrying huge ass phones that are pointless but, this does have a point and you probably can stick it in a pouch or you bag or something, unlike a phone where you have to hold it constantly to use it (not to mention you look absolutely idiotic when you have one stuck to your ear)..........

If it does everything well enough at one go, I rather have this than multiple small devices like my DAP, preamp, DAC, interconnects etc. The one thing I hate is when one device runs out of juice just when you need it.........  or even more inconvenient, if you have to charge all 3 devices. including my phone, lappy etc that's not a lot of room left for me on my tiny workspace. The amount of various different charging cables and power adapters I have to bring along for my daily use is also a chore since I don't work in a fixed location and usually I have time to kill while waiting for things to happen.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,581 of 19,652
It looks like I need to get a bigger portable amp now... e.g. Wagnus comes to mind......... well, only if I had the spare money to spend...

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #1,582 of 19,652
Will Fiio X5 support normalization feature? i use this in android and it really makes difference XD

reference use :
http://neutronmp.com/component/content/article/78-neutronmp/features/75-feature-normalization.html
http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=248

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #1,583 of 19,652
  For goodness sake people are carrying huge ass phones that are pointless but, this does have a point and you probably can stick it in a pouch or you bag or something, unlike a phone where you have to hold it constantly to use it (not to mention you look absolutely idiotic when you have one stuck to your ear)..........

If it does everything well enough at one go, I rather have this than multiple small devices like my DAP, preamp, DAC, interconnects etc. The one thing I hate is when one device runs out of juice just when you need it.........  or even more inconvenient, if you have to charge all 3 devices. including my phone, lappy etc that's not a lot of room left for me on my tiny workspace. The amount of various different charging cables and power adapters I have to bring along for my daily use is also a chore since I don't work in a fixed location and usually I have time to kill while waiting for things to happen.

I agree with you, it's better to have one device than all this silly audio instalations, but please notice that it's bigger than the SGS4 and other ~5" smartphones which for sure are more power hungry.
Besides, it looks that it's PLASTIC not aluminum! 
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #1,584 of 19,652

I agree with you, it's better to have one device than all this silly audio instalations, but please notice that it's bigger than the SGS4 and other ~5" smartphones which for sure are more power hungry.
Besides, it looks that it's PLASTIC not aluminum! 
confused_face(1).gif

You can see that well into that silly image??

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #1,585 of 19,652
I think discussing about plastic is quite ridiculous, as James stated X5 will carry their top level build quality. The size wise, that comparison picture was post even before the real photos of the unit, so people could see the dimensions. For me the biggest thing is how thick it is and luckily, it is not really a brick size like DX100. I like the slightly larger/bigger player because I am thinking, the battery they fit in it would give us more than 10 hours with 24bit playback.

All I am wishing, guys be reasonable when you talk, some of the things are like trolling in here.

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #1,586 of 19,652
I don't know if it has been already mentioned.

I use Rockbox with my ipod 5th gen video.
And use Channel Configuration + Custom + 145%

And the difference compared to any non-rockboxed dap is quite substantial............

Does anyone use this and don't you think it would be something worth having in the X5?............

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,587 of 19,652
  +1, I just stick the DAP into my pocket and enjoy. As long as it plays Hi res that is my main concern.

+1 > DAP is just Digital Audio Player..... Excellent sounding DAC,powerful AMP,built-in storage(zif SSDs easy upgradable) 2 HO's, and futuristic 2 expandable storage slots are baseline + OTG,USB DAC,LI/LO,better battery life are expected upgrades.

should Videos,FM,GPS,Wi-Fi,Games,pedometer,camera be added then it's a PMP, SGP 4-5" alikes.

It should be an exclusive DAP so our Jim of FiiO will also be very happy to render us
atsmile.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #1,588 of 19,652
  Will Fiio X5 support normalization feature? i use this in android and it really makes difference XD

don't have the X3 to chk myself. if RG(Replay Gain) is there on X3 then it would definitely be on X5, if not then only our Jim would have an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back