The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 28, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #15,919 of 19,652
  Thanks for replying! It will not turn on while attached or unattached to the charger. Is there a way to reflash the firmware without turning it on?

Check to see if the usb cable is the original fiio cable.  It might've just ran out of batteries.  I know someone who had an X5 that was having some kind of issue and he thought it was broken.  Turns out that although there are many cables that look EXACTLY like the x5 usb cable, they don't function the same...it MUST be used with the original x5 cable to be properly charged.  I hope thats the case for you.
  Hi everyone, Just this afternoon, my X5 hung again. Same as before, I accidentally pulled out the 3.5mm jack while playing a file. The only way to solve it was by clicking the small reset button.

Is this really a normal reaction of the X5 whenever you pull out or install a 3.5mm jack at its line out socket while playing a file?

On a better and happier note, recently tried my X5 with my tube amp, and it sounds terrific! :p

Thanks.

Hey egzbuen, I had the same issue too when I updated to 2.4.  Reflashing and wiping/reinstall the music didn't work.  It would randomly hang, but I noted that it wasn't like that before I quit using the m4u playlist that I created.  So I just created a playlist with everything in it, and it doesn't hang anymore.  It's strange that it needs to be playing from a m4u playlist list to not hang.  If I go to the raw folder and just play from there, stuff hangs every now and then, like once every 3-5 tracks.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #15,920 of 19,652

Check to see if the usb cable is the original fiio cable.  It might've just ran out of batteries.  I know someone who had an X5 that was having some kind of issue and he thought it was broken.  Turns out that although there are many cables that look EXACTLY like the x5 usb cable, they don't function the same...it MUST be used with the original x5 cable to be properly charged.  I hope thats the case for you.

I regularly charge my X5 with various micro USB cables with no problem.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #15,921 of 19,652

USB is a defined standard.  The USB cable shouldn't make any difference (at least not for charging).  I've charged my X5 with a wide variety of cables and never had any problem.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #15,922 of 19,652
  USB is a defined standard.  The USB cable shouldn't make any difference (at least not for charging).  I've charged my X5 with a wide variety of cables and never had any problem.

Some USB cables were made only to carry data and not power and vise versa. Meaning the contacts that carry power is not connected or open.

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #15,923 of 19,652
This ^

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #15,924 of 19,652
Has anyone succeeded in using a self-powered hdd through the usb port of the XP? I know this is already possible with some flashdrives and ssd drives, but I was wondering if the old & cheap mechanical hard drives could do the trick as well, provided they are self-powered...

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #15,925 of 19,652
After the FiiO X3 II will take place soon, is there any news or light on the end of the tunnel, that FiiO plans this years for the X5 the same - like a X5 II?

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #15,926 of 19,652
  After the FiiO X3 II will take place soon, is there any news or light on the end of the tunnel, that FiiO plans this years for the X5 the same - like a X5 II?

James has stated in previous posts that FiiO is going on a loose timeline of eighteen months between iterations of it's DAP's. That means you can expect an X5 II somewhere around the time that the X5 has been available for eighteen months. I'm not sure if that means that it will be out this calender year or not, as i don't remember exactly when the original X5 was first released.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #15,927 of 19,652
  James has stated in previous posts that FiiO is going on a loose timeline of eighteen months between iterations of it's DAP's. That means you can expect an X5 II somewhere around the time that the X5 has been available for eighteen months. I'm not sure if that means that it will be out this calender year or not, as i don't remember exactly when the original X5 was first released.

I heard it was to be at the end of this year.  Excited to know what they'll come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back