The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 24, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #15,888 of 19,652
Hi all!  I'm a happy new X5 owner and I was wondering if you guys had any tips and tricks for me.  Should I be updating my firmware to the latest version or is there a "better" earlier one?  Things like that.

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #15,889 of 19,652
Hi all!  I'm a happy new X5 owner and I was wondering if you guys had any tips and tricks for me.  Should I be updating my firmware to the latest version or is there a "better" earlier one?  Things like that.

Thanks!

Check the modded thread. Some fantastic designs there based on current firmware.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #15,892 of 19,652
Check the modded thread. Some fantastic designs there based on current firmware.

Are there any ones that a lot of folks agree are top notch?  There are a lot to go through and some don't even have pics.

I have found that the custom FW really improve the "usability" of my X5's. I am especially grateful for the Analogue and McFiiotosh FW's they are the bee's knee's!

Thanks, I'll look into those.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #15,893 of 19,652

Are there any ones that a lot of folks agree are top notch?  There are a lot to go through and some don't even have pics.

Thanks, I'll look into those.

modern simplicity is a great place to start. 

check only the first page, it sums all up very very nice, and it is way easier to download and test, and most have photos with the post. also, hawaiibadboy made some very very nice videos with custom uis and those can be of help!

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #15,894 of 19,652
Stillhart: I really like AsianInvasion's themes! I've been switching between his Harmony II and Solar themes, a mod I did on his Fragments theme I call Dark Fragments, and a mod marcin z did on his Solar theme called Solar Eclipse. I think I'm going to mod Solar Eclipse a bit myself when I get some time.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #15,895 of 19,652
Hey all, 

I've just got an X5, and so far I've been really enjoying the sound. The UI is tolerable and I think the actual device is beautiful.
However, I encountered a problem yesterday. I tried to load some newly downloaded MP3 files onto the player, and they wrote to the TF card fine, and still show up. However, they don't add to the library when I perform a media scan. When I found them in the folder browser and tried to play them, I got an error message that said "File not Supported." I tried adding a FLAC album ripped from CD today, and got the same bug with that.

I've tried re-'installing' the tracks, factory resetting the player and taking the cards out and rebooting the player, re-scanning every time, and nothing worked. Does anyone know what bug this is, and how to fix it please? All my other FLAC and MP3 files work fine, except those added in the last two days. 

Thanks in advance.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #15,896 of 19,652
Where did you get the files from?  Are they perhaps in a format that is corrupt or not supported?  Any way you can upload a couple (dropbox maybe) so someone can check them out?  My bet is that there is something wrong with the files ......

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #15,897 of 19,652
  Where did you get the files from?  Are they perhaps in a format that is corrupt or not supported?  Any way you can upload a couple (dropbox maybe) so someone can check them out?  My bet is that there is something wrong with the files ......

2 came from Zippyshare (I was given the links from the artist's Facebook page, I'm not a pirate, honest), the other two mp3s came from download links in that artist's Youtube descriptions. The FLAC files were ripped from a CD today, in EAC and transferred from foobar2000.

https://www.facebook.com/tobuofficial?fref=ts <This is the artist who gave the MP3s away, if anyone else wants to test the files it would probably be helpful :)

Thanks for the help so far, I'm currently running H2testw to see if the SD card is legit, I think it is as there's 9GB written to it now and there were only 7GB on music on there.

EDIT: For reference, the 4 tracks that I downloaded were the top 4 on his list, from "My Own Paradise" down to "Sweet Story."

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #15,898 of 19,652
  Hey all, 

I've just got an X5, and so far I've been really enjoying the sound. The UI is tolerable and I think the actual device is beautiful.
However, I encountered a problem yesterday. I tried to load some newly downloaded MP3 files onto the player, and they wrote to the TF card fine, and still show up. However, they don't add to the library when I perform a media scan. When I found them in the folder browser and tried to play them, I got an error message that said "File not Supported." I tried adding a FLAC album ripped from CD today, and got the same bug with that.

I've tried re-'installing' the tracks, factory resetting the player and taking the cards out and rebooting the player, re-scanning every time, and nothing worked. Does anyone know what bug this is, and how to fix it please? All my other FLAC and MP3 files work fine, except those added in the last two days. 

Thanks in advance.

Do the files play from Foobar by chance? If the files play with other players the file conversion as Brooko suggested might have errors. Try converting a flac into say ALAC and see what happens.

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #15,899 of 19,652
Do the files play from Foobar by chance? If the files play with other players the file conversion as Brooko suggested might have errors. Try converting a flac into say ALAC and see what happens.

Well, the original copies on my PC play fine in Foobar,but when I backed up to check the SD card, the copies of these files (specifically) that were put back in the Pc from the SD card were "corrupted," but nothing else on the card was.
It just seems that any file created in the last 3 days corrupts as soon as it reaches the player or something.
I'll try converting to ALAC, see what happens :)

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #15,900 of 19,652
Well, the original copies on my PC play fine in Foobar,but when I backed up to check the SD card, the copies of these files (specifically) that were put back in the Pc from the SD card were "corrupted," but nothing else on the card was.
It just seems that any file created in the last 3 days corrupts as soon as it reaches the player or something.
I'll try converting to ALAC, see what happens :)

What kind of card and where did you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back