The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 22, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #15,871 of 19,652
Guys any news or update regarding battery replacement on the x5? Planning to buy one and since i plan to use the dap for the long term, i was wondering if replacing the battery would be possible down the road, say in a year or 2? Thanks in advanve

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #15,872 of 19,652
Guys any news or update regarding battery replacement on the x5? Planning to buy one and since i plan to use the dap for the long term, i was wondering if replacing the battery would be possible down the road, say in a year or 2? Thanks in advanve

as i remember fiio cahnges it, withing warranty.. there were talks about changing it within service, so it should not be a big problem.
  I just listen Pop, US-UK and RnB. I like neutral but maybe I incline toward a little bass

Which inear phone pair with this X5?

XBA-H2, is it ok?

Recommend me some IEMs around $150. Thanks so much.

you are in the wrong thread. search in iems threads what you should get. 150, and in ear, sennheiser cx300, bass heavy, ie60 for more clarity, hifiman re400 is around that price, it lacks some bass..

i cannot really recommend others, as they are not alavaible in my area. you should tell from where you buy..

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #15,874 of 19,652
^oh i mean for out of warranty units, i'm sure the battery will last for the warranty duration of one year, i wonder if fiio will sell battery replacements or if its even easy to replace the batt

For the X3 some users have received a replacement battery from FiiO which included instructions for user installation, and it seemed to be easy enough. FiiO support seems great when it comes to replacing the battery, but I don't have any first hand experience.

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #15,876 of 19,652
  mostly it is impossible to support HDD or SSD because it draws too much power. there are some SSD devices that use an enclosure with a usb otg cable that might work, but it is a gamble to try, as most of them will not work. i remember users to be using something PNY as brand for otg, which can go pretty far. but 2X128gb + 512 OTG is pretty enough. when the new cards will arrive, fiio promised to support them, if this helps

mostly usb sticks that are 512 and from pny seem to work, if i am right, this has to be answered by someone else, as i do not use otg.

mainly stick to normal usb sticks, and do not complicate with low power ssd through otg enclosure as this can fail.

if it has always been like this it is all right. i know what you are talking about, and it is fine for my usage. i only miss 5% of time, so there is no real problem with the wheel., 
if this started to worsen, send for repairs, it should come better. there is no way to repair it at home, if the wheel is acting funny.

As I have posted before, this SSD works with OTG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-512GB-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B00BHUNTHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424683877&sr=8-1&keywords=integral+512gb

I have it in the stacking kit between the X5 and E12.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #15,877 of 19,652
Has anybody used the X5 as dac/amp for an iphone using the apple camera connector? i was thinking this will make the X5 more versatile and a "must buy" for me as i'm still contemplating whether to stick with my iphone 6 or get the X5. Having the X5 work as dac/amp for the iPhone will also improve my experience in listening via spotify...

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #15,878 of 19,652
  Has anybody used the X5 as dac/amp for an iphone using the apple camera connector? i was thinking this will make the X5 more versatile and a "must buy" for me as i'm still contemplating whether to stick with my iphone 6 or get the X5. Having the X5 work as dac/amp for the iPhone will also improve my experience in listening via spotify...

as far as i know it does not work with either android or iphone, but some users said it works with android 5.0 lollipop ..
  As I have posted before, this SSD works with OTG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-512GB-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B00BHUNTHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424683877&sr=8-1&keywords=integral+512gb

I have it in the stacking kit between the X5 and E12.

sorry for my ignorance, then, i belived that ssds would draw too much power to work.

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #15,880 of 19,652

The X5 will not work as you have asked...   for one solution if you decide to stay with the Iphone for steaming is to utilize either a ifi Nano or a ifi Micro...   both work well with the iphone 6

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #15,881 of 19,652

You would want to consider something like the Oppo HA-2 which is built to work as a DAC/amp for iOS/android.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #15,882 of 19,652

If you decide to work with DSD files then the iphone 6 handles these files better than the X5....   I'm guessing here but with several manufacturers moving to DSD DAC's lately I would not be too surprised that Fiio will be adding more DSD functionality with the upcoming X7...    for the iphone several apps are now supporting DSD files... Onkyo is a nice one... 

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #15,883 of 19,652

If you decide to work with DSD files then the iphone 6 handles these files better than the X5....   I'm guessing here but with several manufacturers moving to DSD DAC's lately I would not be too surprised that Fiio will be adding more DSD functionality with the upcoming X7...    for the iphone several apps are now supporting DSD files... Onkyo is a nice one... 

The X3 II is said to support native DSD.
The current X5 will convert DSD to PCM 88.2 on the fly, so if you are using it with a DSD DAC you must embed the DSD in a FLAC wrapper. It works perfectly.

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #15,885 of 19,652
Just got X5...is there a hold function like in x3 ...put the X5 in the pocket..music stopped whenever there is slight movement..thanks

In the settings menu there are different lock screen's available that will lock out different play functions. Try them out to see which works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back