The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #12,121 of 19,652
Yes 5800 file limit still there for tracks in a single folder. Can still have more music than that though if it's in different folders

Aaaaaaaah, thanks!
Now I can stop panicking & start breathing again 
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #12,123 of 19,652
  Hi,
i just bought a Samsung 64 GB EVO for my Fiio X5 but my PC isn't finding it under W7 and when i try to format with the Fiio it says "formating" but nothing hapen.
Any advice please?
confused.gif

Connect your USB drive to your computer, then go to the Command Prompt & enter the following command:

format /FS:FAT32 X:

Make sure you replace the X with whatever drive letter Windows assigns to your USB drive.

For some reason newer Windows versions don't allow for FAT32 in the format options of the GUI which the Fiio requires. This workaround should get you going.

Jody

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #12,124 of 19,652
Thanks a lot for your help but it doesnt work.

Galaxy Tab not find the card
Nook ebook ready failed to format
My 2 PC usb readers which format well a sandisk 64 and even 128 no-name here mad eme have message put a disk inside.

I think this Samsung Evo has a problem.
frown.gif

I'll try to send it back to amazon. I hope they ll give money back.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #12,125 of 19,652
Amazon's rather generous with their return policy.  It doesn't work is about as valid a reason you can get for returning something to them, so you have no concerns.  Hopefully they'll send a new one out if you're just seeking a replacement before they get the old one back.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #12,126 of 19,652

Personally I don't like the sound of E12. 

X5 standalone could not satisfy me, which is quite a disappointment. However, with E17, the sound is amazing. 

Interesting.  Despite all the good reviews of X5/E12 combo, I'm still using X5/E17.  And still deliberating on the E12. 

What I like about the E17 is the ability to alter the bass boost levels, and even treble on occasion.  Whereas the E12 is just bass on/off.

Someone mentioned connecting the X5 and E17 with coax instead of line-out.  At the risk of being a totally thick noob, what's the advantage of this?  Wouldn't that use the DAC of the E17 instead of the better DAC of the X5?

I also think that the X5/E17 sounds fabulous.  So I'm probably not missing anything (although I like the look of that volume knob, rather than buttons).

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #12,127 of 19,652
I'm picking up my loaner X5 unit today. 

I'm loaning one as I'm really hesitant to move away from Rockbox (iPod classic) - which I've used for many years.

I only use "folder view" and basic playback options, as well as EQ - so I have high hopes for the X5!

Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about!

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #12,128 of 19,652
AFAIK the 1st full digital recording was Dire Staits and Brothers in Arms. GRP records (Jazz) also started full digital recordings about that time as well. If you are looking for well produced albums that sound superb and not necessarily Hi-Res you could start with Steely Dan/Donald Fagen.

This might also interest you;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRP_Records

http://www.stuff.tv/music/30-greatest-audiophile-albums/feature

http://www.alkooper.com/hot100.html

It would be closer to 1979.
Ry Cooder's "Bop Til You Drop"

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #12,132 of 19,652
Ended up buying one outright instead.

Took it home, strapped it to me E18, powered it up, navigated to settings>About X5.... And it froze.

Eep!

After a hard reset, the unit seems fine.

Mine seems to freeze a lot too, especially when the battery is getting low. This thing is full of quirks but at least the sound quality makes it worth it.

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #12,133 of 19,652
Ended up buying one outright instead.

Took it home, strapped it to me E18, powered it up, navigated to settings>About X5.... And it froze.

Eep!

After a hard reset, the unit seems fine.

Mine seems to freeze a lot too, especially when the battery is getting low. This thing is full of quirks but at least the sound quality makes it worth it.

Weird. I don't have freezing issues with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back