The Fiio X5 Thread
Jun 16, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #10,472 of 19,652
I just tested my PNY 256GB thumb drive on the X5 and it works perfectly.  Attach using the micro USB adaptor that comes with the X5, so it's a temporary pigtail on the unit.  It only cost me $100, that's pretty cheap for 256mb. It comes formatted for FAT32, so there is no reformatting needed. I'm going to put all my classical music on it.

BTW - CAN ANYONE REMIND ME WHAT PROGRAM I NEED TO STRIP HIDDEN FILES OFF A MEMORY CARD WHEN COPIED FROM A MAC COMPUTER?

Thanks, Peter

Does anybody know if they are available in Europe? Where did you get it Peter?
Thanks!

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #10,473 of 19,652
I just tested my PNY 256GB thumb drive on the X5 and it works perfectly.  Attach using the micro USB adaptor that comes with the X5, so it's a temporary pigtail on the unit.  It only cost me $100, that's pretty cheap for 256mb. It comes formatted for FAT32, so there is no reformatting needed. I'm going to put all my classical music on it.

BTW - CAN ANYONE REMIND ME WHAT PROGRAM I NEED TO STRIP HIDDEN FILES OFF A MEMORY CARD WHEN COPIED FROM A MAC COMPUTER?

Thanks, Peter

"Eject for Windows", I believe? :smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #10,474 of 19,652

I have been using Clean My Drive & it has worked really well. It is a free App from the Apple App Store.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #10,475 of 19,652
I have been using Clean My Drive & it has worked really well. It is a free App from the Apple App Store.

I used to use "Eject For Windows" but switched to "Clean My Drive" after someone in this or the X3 thread tipped me off to it. It's kept up to date, whereas EFW isn't.

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #10,476 of 19,652
Clean my Drive failed me on a couple of occasions when I've added songs to a sub-directory.  Went back to EFW and it worked perfectly.

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #10,480 of 19,652
Happy Father's Day to any fellow X5-lovin' head-fi papas out there!

I hope your Father's Day is relaxing and who knows, maybe you'll get some gear
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Welp, looks like I'm joining the club 
beerchug.gif

(The X5 club, not the father's day club.... nope nope nope nope I enjoy sleeping).

Called around and was able to get a discount on one. Wasn't a huge discount, but the way the prices run on these, I'm happy with any.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #10,481 of 19,652
  I use the Terminal app on my Mac.

Applications > Utilities > Terminal

dot_clean /Volumes/X5\ TF1 

(TF1 is the memory card inside the X5)

Thanks for the heads up on that one, I've never seen it before. Does it troll through all subdirectories?

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #10,482 of 19,652
Hey guys - I'm new to head-fi, but have used it as a reference for a long time.  I just received my X5 and two 128GB Micro SD cards today; I updated the X5 to v2.05 beta and I'm currently loading music onto the cars.  The vast majority of my music is FLAC; just wondered if anyone knew if there was a max # of songs allowed now that larger cards are supported?

Thanks,

Praz

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #10,483 of 19,652
  Hey guys - I'm new to head-fi, but have used it as a reference for a long time.  I just received my X5 and two 128GB Micro SD cards today; I updated the X5 to v2.05 beta and I'm currently loading music onto the cars.  The vast majority of my music is FLAC; just wondered if anyone knew if there was a max # of songs allowed now that larger cards are supported?

Thanks,

Praz

The same as before... five thousand-ish... unless they have changed it in their current Betas... (this is only for library creation!!! For folder navigation you can have a whole lot more! :p)

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #10,484 of 19,652

The same as before... five thousand-ish... unless they have changed it in their current Betas... (this is only for library creation!!! For folder navigation you can have a whole lot more! :p)

Thanks for the quick reply!  Good to know that folder navigation won't be impacted.  I'm not sure if the beta upped the limit (not mentioned in the change log post..but I'll check once I get past 5800 songs).

I guess the database is used for searching via category?

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #10,485 of 19,652

Thanks for the quick reply!  Good to know that folder navigation won't be impacted.  I'm not sure if the beta upped the limit (not mentioned in the change log post..but I'll check once I get past 5800 songs).

I guess the database is used for searching via category?

Correct - library is for navigation via Artist, Genre, and Album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back