The Fiio X5 Thread
May 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #8,371 of 19,652
Can you provide a link so I can vote for replaygain?

May 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #8,373 of 19,652
Likewise, purchased from the same place, however - I can see how, quite easily, depending on light levels, that this case could look 'charcoal', so - if it is that important regarding the colour, expect darker rather than lighter (unless you have extreme levels of sun where you are, so - not likely in the UK! - whereas it will look a bit lighter).

Hi Duncan,
Just about every review I read before pulling the trigger showed the cover to look charcoal, but I am pleased mine is black even if it feels more like rubber than silicon

May 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #8,375 of 19,652
  I have bought an X5 and i can see my music on the folders but not on the library.

When i update and proceed to it  each time it failed before ending.and i have to reset it.

The sd card is ok (i can use it with others players) but with Fiio X5 except by folder i cant read my music.

Is there problem with the number of letters of tags or something like that ?

is there a solution to resolve that ?

I precise that i have update mine with the last firmware.

I have formated the card but anything change the library update begin but fail without ending.

I can read my music by folders but anything is known by the library

May 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #8,376 of 19,652
  I wish there were some update on fixing the library file limit of 5800 which still seems absurd to me as Fiio officially supports 128GB sd cards.

I didn't know about this...

That explains quite a lot...

This could be a MAJOR limiting factor to my future liking of this player, as this explains why my library appears incomplete....

Means my purchase of the 128GB SSD earlier is pointless if i'm already over my library limit :frowning2:

May 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #8,377 of 19,652
  I have formated the card but anything change the library update begin but fail without ending.

I can read my music by folders but anything is known by the library

I had a similar problem when trying to update my firmware, the card was formatted correctly, but - just didn't work - swapping to a different card fixed the problem (even though the card could be read with no problem in my phone, my PC, and my Colorfly)...

May 2, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #8,378 of 19,652
Mine is black and purchased from EA Audio UK

Thanks for pointing out EA Audio now stock all the Fiio accessories. Order pretend leather and the double hard case. Shame there was no option to choose between Blue and Red!

May 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #8,379 of 19,652

That explains quite a lot...

This could be a MAJOR limiting factor to my future liking of this player, as this explains why my library appears incomplete....

Means my purchase of the 128GB SSD earlier is pointless if i'm already over my library limit :frowning2:

The limit is due to the internal memory in the X5. From what I understand Fiio engineers are working to use the micro SD card to index the library, therefore side stepping the 5800 file limit for the internal memory.

May 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #8,380 of 19,652

They will all play by folder
biggrin.gif
   And there may be a future upgrade pushing the DB file onto mSD card.

May 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #8,381 of 19,652
I had a similar problem when trying to update my firmware, the card was formatted correctly, but - just didn't work - swapping to a different card fixed the problem (even though the card could be read with no problem in my phone, my PC, and my Colorfly)...

There may be hidden file at the root of your card that was put there by the other devices that the X5 doesn't like. Just guessing.

May 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #8,382 of 19,652
Thanks for pointing out EA Audio now stock all the Fiio accessories. Order pretend leather and the double hard case. Shame there was no option to choose between Blue and Red!

I have ordered the double case in blue from eBay and its coming from China, there were no UK sellers at the time I placed my order.

May 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #8,383 of 19,652
I have ordered the double case in blue from eBay and its coming from China, there were no UK sellers at the time I placed my order.
Are there any US sellers yet for the double case? Also is there room in the case for the cable included with the HS6 kit to be used while in the case or is it more just for storage and not actual use?

May 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #8,384 of 19,652
Are there any US sellers yet for the double case? Also is there room in the case for the cable included with the HS6 kit to be used while in the case or is it more just for storage and not actual use?

Not sure about US sellers, but the cable does fit in the case and lays by the side of the E12. Have a look on FiiO website as they have some pictures of all the accessories.

May 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #8,385 of 19,652
What I would like to know, can the double case hold the X5 and E12 when the have the stacking kit attached?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back