The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 26, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #7,668 of 19,652
Apr 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #7,672 of 19,652
Ah ok. That is fair then. I remembered people complaining about them shipping out of order.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #7,673 of 19,652
  oh noez, I ordered it because i heard it was really good, and I saw the 10 band eq and figured I could just pump it up.  will get it on the 28th apr.  I hope it is at least comparable to the x3 bass?

It is good! The bass might be a little anemic for bassheads (speaking as one myself) for the first week or so but as the X5 burns in the bass really opens up. What I have right now is a very accurate yet punchy bass, very enjoyable for anything I throw at it.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #7,674 of 19,652

It is good! The bass might be a little anemic for bassheads (speaking as one myself) for the first week or so but as the X5 burns in the bass really opens up. What I have right now is a very accurate yet punchy bass, very enjoyable for anything I throw at it.

Oh good that's what I wanted to hear.  I'll be using a jh16 pro and later the roxanne once they get their game together.  I can't pump the bass on the x3 more than +5 because it gets too muddy.  I hope I can go +10 on the x5 (32hz) without any muddiness...

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #7,676 of 19,652

Quote:

The gapless is universal on fw v1.23. I have actually never come across a player which uses that tag, not even ipods do. Which is good because afaic every track that exists on a CD is part of a gapless album and should have the correct length of any actual gaps preserved.

Interesting, I'll have to experiment with my iPod to see what happens.  Universal is fine though, regardless.

Originally posted by doublea71

I never did try it out as a dedicated amp/dac, but I will say that it is much more resolving than the E17 - it brings out the fine details with ease. 

Sounds good.  I'll get the E17 on eBay ASAP!

Originally posted by jbr1971

I have 64GB cards full of ALAC files & it takes less than 30 seconds to perform the update. If you have a lot of smaller files that need to be scanned I am guessing it may take a bit longer, but it shouldn't take more than a minute or 2.

Well, if you've got 64GB cards with ALACs, that's probably around 2000 tracks.  If that only takes you 30s then me with my puny 32GB cards should be done even quicker.  Should be fine.

Thanks for all the responses so far.  The only thing I'm hoping someone can shed light on now is, when browsing by Album tag (not in Folder mode), does the X5 respect the CD No. ID3 tag (officially I believe it is the TPOS - Part Of A Set frame)?  If the answer to that is a firm, "yes", then I'll be a happy bunny and start trying to find the best price for a new X5!

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #7,677 of 19,652

An initial suspicion and I'm looking into it - thanks. This would of course explain a lot. However, the disk check utility employed verifies the storage capacity. Even the reformat verified this so the confusion continues.

Formatting of fake cards will not show the true capacity, nor would chkdsk, even with the /f function.  What you've described is pretty much exactly how a fake card behaves.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #7,678 of 19,652
I recently added a bug to Bugzilla about the icon rotation on the main menu and got rather negative feedback from the Fiio person who stated that "There are far more people with no problem with it, and in the big thread here there are far more people taking time out to back my posts on the subject than there are complaining.".

If you find the movement of the icons on the main menu moving opposite the direction of the wheel confusing, please add your vote and comments to the bug.

Here's a link
https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=56

BTW, While comments here are great to read I would guess that the bugs and enhancement requests in Bugzilla are the ones that get consideration for future firmware releases, so please sign up and use this tool to give Fiio your feedback.. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #7,679 of 19,652
Does anyone know if Firmware 2.0 will have a way to view all songs from an artist? Right now you can go to Artist and view all their albums, but I think there should be an "All Albums" option so it lists all of the songs in one list.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #7,680 of 19,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back