The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #7,426 of 19,652
Hi.

I would like to ask if anyone in the UK has ordered from Amazon.co.uk in the recent past.
I ordered on April 13th.
I bought from seller "AVShop" had the stock info listed as "in stock April 20th", which was not too bad.

On April 17th, item was listed under my account as "dispatched". 
"great news" - or so I briefly thought.

However, today it shows as "in stock on April 24th".

I'm starting to think that they only said the item was dispatched to charge my card, and this seller is starting to appear as.. "shady", to say the least, to me.

Any comments appreciated.
Cheers.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #7,427 of 19,652
Hi there
I ordered mine from advanced mp3 and the delivery was put off twice due to stock not arriving, but I got a email saying that it was in Stock last Thursday, then updated shipped, and Fedex have had since Saturday, and being deliverd today.
Hope this helps you.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #7,429 of 19,652
Picked up mine from Noisy Motel in Melbourne today.

I was worried that I would be disappointed coming from RWAK100, but am pleased to announce 0% buyer's remorse, 100% smiling with musical enjoyment. Thus is an amazing DAP regardless of price, but especially for around $400!!

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #7,430 of 19,652
  Hi.

I would like to ask if anyone in the UK has ordered from Amazon.co.uk in the recent past.
I ordered on April 13th.
I bought from seller "AVShop" had the stock info listed as "in stock April 20th", which was not too bad.

On April 17th, item was listed under my account as "dispatched". 
"great news" - or so I briefly thought.

However, today it shows as "in stock on April 24th".

I'm starting to think that they only said the item was dispatched to charge my card, and this seller is starting to appear as.. "shady", to say the least, to me.

Any comments appreciated.
Cheers.

Hi,

I am in the same boat as I ordered mine from Amazon on 12th April, my account has said it is Preparing for Dispatch for the last week.

I do know that AVShop sell on eBay UK and there was a notice on there saying they were away until 22nd, I have just looked and its now been removed.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns up later this week.

Please keep us in touch with your order.

Regards
Jim

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #7,431 of 19,652
  How about an unmodded iPod?  I have a 5.5 Video and haven't bypassed the output caps, but it has a 128GB CF card in it now and I feed it's audio via LOD to a Fiio E12.  I'm not sure if I would benefit much from the X5 except for the removable storage.  

I've no experience of the E12 but have a 7th gen unmodded iPod classic too - you'll certainly hear more detail from the X5 & get a more vivid presentation.

I probably should've added to my original comment that I've only had the X5 for a couple of weeks, & whilst I've always been a bit sceptical about burn-in, the sound of the X5 has definitely improved from where it was straight out of the box. First use I found it aggressively harsh & a bit bass-light, & whether it be a real or psychoacoustic (so-called 'brain burn-in') change, it's improved in both respects - though I'm still hoping for continued treble smoothing.

All my files are ALAC.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #7,432 of 19,652
A lot of us have written about this.  I have an iPod Classic.  With the E12 sounds better than without.  However, the X5 with the E12 sounds better than the iPod with the E12.  I'm not going to reignite the lossless vs. compressed, 24-bit vs. 16 bit, 44.1 Khz vs. 192 Khz debate again.  I'll just say that I am not a professional recording engineer.  However, I have been doing home recording since the early 80s, starting with analog multitrack and eventually moving to completely digital for the past 10 years or so.  I routinely listen to music I have tracked, mixed and mastered at different bit depths and sample rates.  I mix and master with near-field monitors and cans and use DACs intended for semi-pro studio recording.  I know what I can hear and I'm very comfortable saying that the difference between an iPod Classic + E12, while pretty good, does not sound as good as an X5 + E12.  Then again, I'm not certified by anyone to install a firewall on an office network, I've never worked for the phone company, and never dated anyone who sold hearing aids, so what do I know?

LOL!
Not that's what I call quite funny! :xf_eek:
You forgot to add that you are not a Pharmacist or a Power Engineer! :xf_eek:

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #7,433 of 19,652
This would be a shameless plug for our new product if not for how cheap they will be going for :wink:
-----------------
Available now in China and soon worldwide--the HS6 stacking kit for the X5 and E12 (or other amps). Check with your local dealer soon for pricing. Initial reactions in China: FiiO is selling an audiophile-grade PCOCC-A interconnect for HOW MUCH? And it comes with a slick kit for keeping your amp together with the X5 too? Buy buy buy!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 22, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #7,434 of 19,652
Can't wait. My E12DIY is sitting in anticipation of the pairing.

Joe or James, not sure if you'd be willing to answer this, but is the amp stage of the E12DIY (being a dedicated amp) significantly superior to the onboard amp circuitry in the X5 (being a transport, DAC & amp)? To my ears, adding the DIY definitely improves the already wonderful sound of the X5, but I'm not sure if it's a signature / preference thing or an actual improvement in sound quality.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #7,435 of 19,652
This would be a shameless plug for our new product if not for how cheap they will be going for
wink.gif

Available now in China and soon worldwide--the HS6 stacking kit for the X5 and E12 (or other amps). Check with your local dealer soon for pricing. Initial reactions in China: FiiO is selling an audiophile-grade PCOCC-A interconnect for HOW MUCH? And it comes with a slick kit for keeping your amp together with the X5 too? Buy buy buy!

Wow, if this isn't evidence that most interconnects are an over-priced rip-off, I don't know what is. Ordered.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #7,436 of 19,652
Dear Joe/James,

Can we somehow use the HS6 stacking frame with the silicone case? i love to push the next/previous button with the case, it's just smooth
, oh and please do supply it to your local agen in Indonesia, i'm anxiously waiting for your m2m interconnect to brings out the x5 quality.

Regards,
Eric

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #7,437 of 19,652
Just created a UI enhancement suggestion over at Bugzilla to possibly make the forward and back buttons work like a "page up" / "page down" button when scrolling through lists (such as "all music"). I think the need for quick scrolling through large lists was mentioned previously so thought some of you might be interested.

https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=90

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #7,439 of 19,652
@Joe Bloggs do you know if the X5 records playback data (times played and last played date) in the metadata of the files? I would love for my PC media software (MediaMonkey) to be able to read how often tracks are played so I can rotate my library to remove the most recently played tracks. I know MediaMonkey can read from the device, but I don't know if the X5 records that data.

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #7,440 of 19,652
Anybody have some news about Mp4nation pre-orders?

Been waiting since March 22 :frowning2:

Been waiting since placing the order on the 21st. If it doesn't ship by the end of the month I will probably cancel the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back