The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #7,456 of 19,652

Hi,

I am in the same boat as I ordered mine from Amazon on 12th April, my account has said it is Preparing for Dispatch for the last week.

I do know that AVShop sell on eBay UK and there was a notice on there saying they were away until 22nd, I have just looked and its now been removed.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns up later this week.

Please keep us in touch with your order.

Regards
Jim

and..... I just received it.

I have to bite the bullet here and retract on everything I previously said about AVShop - package confirms they shipped it on Thursday from Uppsala/Sweden (and not Norway), and I got it on my hand after 2 holidays and a weekend in the middle... good service.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #7,457 of 19,652
and..... I just received it.

I have to bite the bullet here and retract on everything I previously said about AVShop - package confirms they shipped it on Thursday from Uppsala/Sweden (and not Norway), and I got it on my hand after 2 holidays and a weekend in the middle... good service.

Yeah, they came through for me just when I was wondering. Look forward to first impressions.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #7,458 of 19,652
Where are people buying the HS6 in the US, I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #7,460 of 19,652
No, it just means that no EQ setting on the X5 can go louder than the unEQed Normal setting...

As you discovered, you could max all the sliders on the Custom EQ to match the Normal setting in both loudness and (unaltered) tonality. You can still EQ however you like after this; if you want a bass boost you bring down all the sliders to the right, for example. Then you turn up the volume...

I don't see what people are fussing about. This is how we should be Eq-ing. You want to set all sliders to 0dB and then subtract to get the desired sound profile. If you started at 0dB and added, you'd introduce clipping.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #7,461 of 19,652
  Wait is there somewhere I can order the HS6 bundle kit that will ship to the US without crazy shipping charges? Or better yet, within the US?

I don't know whether the head-fi TOS permits it (my apologies in advance if it doesn't), but Aliexpress has a vendor offering it.  Aliexpress is hit-or-miss, but reasonably safe.  The worst that happens is your order never ships and your money is refunded.  The one I ordered is $23 US with free shipping, and 2 weeks projected delivery.

Honestly, I'm very happy with my solution of using small velcro tabs.  I put my X5 and E12 in the carrying case for my Bose QC15s -- this is my kit for when I fly -- and if the X5 an E12 are already stacked, they won't fit.  The velcro lets me assemble the stack instantly and is very secure.  The main reason I ordered the HS6 was to get the interconnect cable. :)

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #7,462 of 19,652
Does standalone DAC functionality work for Windows only? No Android or iPad support? (I'm sure that this question was asked here before, but the whole thread is enormous).

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #7,467 of 19,652
I cannot get the micro SD cards to lock into place. I can insert them into the slots and push them all the way in, but the only way to hold them in is by fastening the rubber covers behind them. I'm using Kingston and Transcend cards. Is this normal? Per the users manual it seems they should lock in when you push them in.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #7,469 of 19,652
I cannot get the micro SD cards to lock into place. I can insert them into the slots and push them all the way in, but the only way to hold them in is by fastening the rubber covers behind them. I'm using Kingston and Transcend cards. Is this normal? Per the users manual it seems they should lock in when you push them in.

Locking ok here with SanDisks.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #7,470 of 19,652

I can't push them in with my finger, I need to use a key or something to lock them in, it's too far for my finger to push

Users who are viewing this thread

Back