The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #6,917 of 19,652
Seems MP4nation hasn't learnt anything from 4 years ago when the S-flo:2 or T51 was out.. not enough of the actual number of pre-order units sourced, then delays and delays for delivery.  Like 2 weeks or so was just the beginning.  They attract buyers by doing 5% or more discounts (or add small bonus items) so they certainly get enough pre-orders first, but after that was just poorly done.

Then the buyers who paid started to voice out on MP4's forums about their lack in proper service, I saw many of those posts just deleted.  That's when I decided to never order from them..

Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I looked a little harder before jumping to them. They flat out lied about expected delivery to keep customers from cancelling, including being promised it would ship by Friday for the last two weeks. I'm glad some folks got their orders, but I am steering very clear of them in the future.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #6,919 of 19,652
Will this player make regular lossy files from itunes sound better too, because I really don't want to re-buy all my music

iApple has been managing to sell fairly low quality tracks for years which I find quite amazing. But in fairness they are meant to equal 320 mp3s and the few I have tried, most have sounded greatly improved with newly bought IEMs and the X5.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #6,920 of 19,652
iApple has been managing to sell fairly low quality tracks for years which I find quite amazing. But in fairness they are meant to equal 320 mp3s and the few I have tried, most have sounded greatly improved with newly bought IEMs and the X5.

I agree, and where I think you can hear the difference with lossless music, the iTunes tracks can sound pretty darn good.  I don't bother upgrading most of the iTunes music I bought when I started this stuff.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #6,921 of 19,652
yes, X5 has new database and new media library . but we will implete it in X3 in the coming soon with new " Metro style " GUI.

James, any thoughts on the 88khz playback issues? I am unable to play any purchased .flac files from hdtracks with this frequency without static rendering them unlistenable... And looks like others have expressed the same concern.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #6,922 of 19,652
James, any thoughts on the 88khz playback issues? I am unable to play any purchased .flac files from hdtracks with this frequency without static rendering them unlistenable... And looks like others have expressed the same concern.

I thought that was answered earlier in thread that beta 1.23 fixed that. Do you have 1.23 and it is still not working?

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #6,924 of 19,652
Any possibility to see the track year on the X5 ?

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #6,926 of 19,652
  You can write it on the Album folder.  Are there another common way to track years on DAPs?  Is the year associated with the music file?

Yes, I always add the year in the tags of my files, but it seems that the X5 can not read it (many players like Sony do this, but not my DX50).

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #6,927 of 19,652
This is a message for comment by JamesFiiO,

I have my X5 set to play the last song when it is turned on. My music is arranged in album and artist folders, but when the X5 starts it always defaults to an alphabetical list of all the songs on both micro sd cards.  This is a long list.  To always load such a long list into system memory when it is not needed (or wanted) by me seems a waste of scarce system resources.  Is this necessary?

Apr 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #6,928 of 19,652
You can write it on the Album folder.  Are there another common way to track years on DAPs?  Is the year associated with the music file?

Year is a metadata field that's always completed. Info is there for tagged files. Would be nice.

Also, when a track starts I see 192/24 etc, can this file info be brought up manually other than start of track?

Apr 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #6,930 of 19,652
I'd love to see Year metadata implemented like on the iPhone: Artist -> Album by Year -> Songs. I've started renaming the album folder on my mSD cards to replicate this with my X3 and pre-ordered X5 but won't see any benefit from this when browsing via the DB Categories.

+1
It will be wonderful if we can chose between different classification mode (alphabetical or by year) in the option menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back