The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #6,931 of 19,652
You know what, I can see one of the reasons for firmware updates being advantageous.

They can get feedbacks from us on any popular features and implement it, and based on all our feedbacks, in the future they can come up with a much better player with lots of cool features.  
biggrin.gif

Are they going Android for the next one? 

Apr 13, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #6,933 of 19,652
I was talking about the device not identifying tags, seemingly at random?

It wasn't random. Flac with ID3v2 doesn't get recognised in the X5's tagging system.

Mp3tag helps with this:

Select all flac files with id3v2 tag, rightclick, cut tags, right click again, paste tags.

FLACs shouldn't have ID3v2 tags, and correctly ripped ones don't. They have their own metadata/tags that are not ID3 (additional ones e.g. ID3 can cause problems).

Like you say, fixable with mp3tag by moving the info to the native flac tags - I doubt the X5 is looking for ID3v2 tags on FLAC (and there's no reason it should).

All my FLAC tags are read correctly by the X5. Which is nice.

Apr 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #6,934 of 19,652
FLACs shouldn't have ID3v2 tags, and correctly ripped ones don't. They have their own metadata/tags that are not ID3 (additional ones e.g. ID3 can cause problems).

Like you say, fixable with mp3tag by moving the info to the native flac tags - I doubt the X5 is looking for ID3v2 tags on FLAC (and there's no reason it should).

All my FLAC tags are read correctly by the X5. Which is nice.

i learned this this afternoon. Up until 2013 i never used a single flac file in my life.
i'm ripping with EAC, i think that i set the wrong settings.

I fixed it now, not a single file mis tagged. Feels good man.

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #6,935 of 19,652
I'd love to see Year metadata implemented like on the iPhone: Artist -> Album by Year -> Songs. I've started renaming the album folder on my mSD cards to replicate this with my X3 and pre-ordered X5 but won't see any benefit from this when browsing via the DB Categories.

I solved this with other players long ago by making all of the album titles begin with the year (for example: "[2013] When the Quiet Comes", instead of "When the Quiet Comes".

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #6,936 of 19,652

I solved this with other players long ago by making all of the album titles begin with the year (for example: "[2013] When the Quiet Comes", instead of "When the Quiet Comes".

Yeah, but this is permanent naming.  If you have the necessary information in the metafile, and the OS of the DAP is programmed to recognize the meta parameters, it's more dynamic in what it can do than having the folders permanently arranged by year because of the folder name, and besides nobody wants to go through their library and label them all.  

right click on any of your mp3 and click properties. click on details tab.  That's the meta information.  The information is there, the DAP needs to take advantage of it.

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #6,937 of 19,652
Has anyone else noticed that the X5 can run a bit on the warm side from time to time? It has only happened twice since I got it (just over a week ago). The first time was on v1.2, playing MP3s and yesterday it was v1.23 playing FLACs. Not blazing hot, but enough that it was almost too uncomfortable to hold.

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #6,938 of 19,652
  Has anyone else noticed that the X5 can run a bit on the warm side from time to time? It has only happened twice since I got it (just over a week ago). The first time was on v1.2, playing MP3s and yesterday it was v1.23 playing FLACs. Not blazing hot, but enough that it was almost too uncomfortable to hold.

Yeah I've noticed it after about 2-3 hours of use, nothing major but it's definately warm. I typically use it for 1-2 hours most times though so I haven't really tried to push it's limits

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #6,939 of 19,652
Is there a way to access the internal memory?

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #6,941 of 19,652
  Hello everyone,

I've received my fiio X5 a week ago and it's super nice (great job James and Fiio !!)
The SQ is great, but i think the UI still needs some improvements.

I have some concerns with the ".cue files". They work properly on my desktop with .flac files, but when i copy songs and .cue files into my X5, i can't find them into browser navigation.
I precise i format my SD card in FAT32 using the X5. Do you have any idea what i do wrong ?

Thx ! 

Looks like it works when i browse through "album" catergory, but not through "artist -> album" category, has someone notice this ?

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #6,944 of 19,652
Exactly. Last thing I want is Fiio wasting time and resources developing and maintaining Android software.

Well, I think if they go Android, that means they can work with already created open source software, that also means they have to go with ARM processor for the OS control, makes since if they want to go touch screen route.  They don't have to code a new OS for it.

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #6,945 of 19,652
  Well, I think if they go Android, that means they can work with already created open source software, that also means they have to go with ARM processor for the OS control, makes since if they want to go touch screen route.  They don't have to code a new OS for it.

Then why not use windows 8 mobile? Easy API to code with. More control over it than limitations of ios and not an option here and android don't get me started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back