The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #6,796 of 19,652

Should also have option to revert to default/stock settings in case u mess up the EQ and want to start fresh.

Would also be nice to have one for HipHop. Or does anyone who listens to HipHop with an X5 have EQ settings they are willing to share?

Its all about what works for you.  SUBJECTIVE at best! Try and remember processed music is only critical sounding if you think so....Enjoy!

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #6,797 of 19,652
about the build in EQ , just talk with our engineer, a solution as below:

all the EQ mode can be customed in the new firmware. it means you can change the EQ setting and them save it to what every you need for rock, classic ...

will it a better solution ?

It's a good improvement, but I would rather have no pre-programmed Eq options and have the Eq slots all customizable with the option to create custom names for them.

I use Eq to correct headphones. I bet a lot of people on Head-fi fall in this camp.

I do not use Eq for specific genres. This seems like a feature people seeking a more mainstream DAP would use.

Glad to hear about 1.23b! Once I get my pre-ordered X5, the firmware will be amazing :).

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #6,798 of 19,652

note that the following applies to a beta firmware

I am actually struggling to use the player at all because 50% of the time a song will skip within 2 seconds while trying to load the ~500x500 cover art. (64GB Class 10 card, 16/44 FLACs, v1.22 beta firmware)
I will have to remove all my embedded art and try again.
Surely someone else is having the same?

I am also having some albums skip tracks today. All hi-res, all over 24/96 which seem ok, are yours?  64 Ultra card in NTFS. Not sure if due to large cover art in some (have reduced to 300x300), different albums to what I played before or change of f/w etc.  Have another card in FAT32 and a different 24/192 album played ok. I need to re-transfer an album that played up this morning to see if any change on this card.

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #6,799 of 19,652
Mine are all 16/44 (my own CD rips). Gonna try a FAT32 card and try removing artwork from the ones on the NTFS card.

edit: albums on the FAT32 card (with artwork!) do not exhibit this same problem when tested. Also a couple of albums from which I removed artwork on the NTFS card did not exhibit this problem anymore.
Simultaneously I was still able to reproduce the same problem on the NTFS card, using the albums that still had embedded artwork.
So hopefully by removing all embedded artwork/large tags and reformatting to FAT32 (as FiiO already said will be optimal) I will have far more luck.

Note that this is still using v1.22 beta firmware, and likely is just an issue with the beta, thanks

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #6,800 of 19,652

Where you order from? I received yesterday from Amazon UK, via AV Shop.

I ordered from AdvancedMP3Players in the UK. I saw that you ordered from Amazon UK, via AV Shop yesterday when you posted it here. That's the other retailer I mentioned before about having actual stock yesterday before they all sold out when I checked today.

Similar experience here, but I notice on the product page that availability is "In stock".

Yeah, I just checked mine and they now have a new "expected" date of the 18th April which I cannot really trust anymore. Having said that, even though AdvancedMP3Players have been a bit crap with updates, they say they could only go by the dates that FiiO had provided them.

Hearing similar experiences from you and mhammond with other retailers, it appears there's a serious lack of communication going on here and we're just the ones who have actually spoken about it here...

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #6,803 of 19,652

seems already fixed in 1.23beta version. please wait couple days till we release the new firmware which should be 2.0 because it is a big step over 1.2.

Good stuff Fiio .Now I can start loading my sd cards up With all my tunes.Hopefully my x5 will come before firmware reaches 3.0 
happy_face1.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #6,805 of 19,652
Is there a known issue with playback of 88khz files? My x5 will not play them correctly at all. An example is billy Joel's the stranger purchased from hdtracks. All songs on this album have bad static throughout that is not present in any way when listening on my laptop. Other albums at any other kHz purchased from hdtracks play fine... Edited to say that I meant to mention I thought I saw someone else mention observing this same issue.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #6,806 of 19,652
Just want to add that I also had issues with MP4nation. I actually canceled my X5 preorder on Monday, after being given multiple due dates. I have yet to see a refund from them and it's been over 4 days. They also charged me some "adjustment fee" of $12, which I am disputing with them. So far they have not responded to why the "adjustment fee" was charged. I have already contacted PayPal also. Never seen this kind of a charge from any seller before.
Bottom line: Buyer Beware.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #6,807 of 19,652
Is there a known issue with playback of 88khz files? My x5 will not play them correctly at all. An example is billy Joel's the stranger purchased from hdtracks. All songs on this album have bad static throughout that is not present in any way when listening on my laptop. Other albums at any other kHz purchased from hdtracks play fine... Edited to say that I meant to mention I thought I saw someone else mention observing this same issue.

https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=71

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #6,809 of 19,652
So after a couple days I'm definitely enjoying the X5. It's everything I wanted and expected it to be. Including a bit quirky, and occasionally buggy (songs skipping, one freeze so far). The sound is good and I enjoy my colleagues expressions when they go 'what the hell is that?!' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back