The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #6,814 of 19,652
  483 dollar? are you ****ting me??

Nope, that's the standard price that all the UK retailers charge for the x5 over here! We don't call UK "RIP-OFF Britain" for nothing you know! That's probably also why we get cranky when we don't get our expensive toys delivered on the day that they said it will! 
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #6,815 of 19,652
  Questions about MP4 Nation have existed for some time.  I have seen many delivery and service issues on more than one thread with the Caveat Emptor reference.  Best of luck!

FIIO may want to reconsider their association with mp4nation. If mine isn't shipped Monday, I will just cancel and go with the iBasso DX90.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #6,816 of 19,652
  FIIO may want to reconsider their association with mp4nation. If mine isn't shipped Monday, I will just cancel and go with the iBasso DX90.

LOL! Okeeeyy...

Joe/James, is good to hear that you guys are on top of things with bugs, findings and explaining what users want to your engineers. I'll keep an eye on the new firmware releases before I take the plunge as I enjoyed the sound of the X5 on tour!.

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #6,817 of 19,652
If anyone in the UK's looking for an X5 they've got them here http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk. Ordered one today - it's being delivered tomorrow. Free delivery too.

Now, can anyone pm me a PDF manual for it - can't get on Fiio's site.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #6,818 of 19,652

Nope, that's the standard price that all the UK retailers charge for the x5 over here! We don't call UK "RIP-OFF Britain" for nothing you know! That's probably also why we get cranky when we don't get our expensive toys delivered on the day that they said it will! 
wink.gif

If anyone in the UK's looking for an X5 they've got them here http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk. Ordered one today - it's being delivered tomorrow. Free delivery too.

Now, can anyone pm me a PDF manual for it - can't get on Fiio's site.

why wont you guys just order it directly from china? even if you gonna have to pay taxes im afraid its still gonna be cheaper...

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #6,821 of 19,652

why wont you guys just order it directly from china? even if you gonna have to pay taxes im afraid its still gonna be cheaper...

I was in HK & China in early February and could've gotten my hands on an x5 there and then, and I wouldn't have had to pay taxes either! if it wasn't because JamesFiiO said those were suppose to be for customers in China and we should wait for the international release. Almost wish I had gotten one in China when I was there now... then again, if it broke and considering the lack of communication recently, I'm not sure how confident I would be in getting it repaired/replaced tbh! At least I could travel a shorter distance to my local retailer rather than the 4800~ miles to China to complain in person!

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #6,822 of 19,652
Guys I need help deciding p, anyone who used both the x3 and x5 can give his opinion, couldn't find a direct comparison, here is my thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/714179/fiio-x3-vs-fiio-x5-or-other-help-please#post_10448550
Appreciate the help.

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #6,823 of 19,652
Mine arrived today from B & H audio.  Plugged in a card I loaded last night and fired up the SD2's.  My oh my.....so far everything sounds really nice and Junior Wells is wailing "Come on in this House".  I think I know what I'm going to be doing for the next few days. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #6,824 of 19,652
just confirming that the fw 1.22 works fine:
1. gapless works now
2. no more waiting when switching artists/folders
3. repeat all works too, but unfortunately only for 1 Folder/Album, not for the Artist(still a useless Option) and it still doesn't jump to the next Folder/Artist.

now add just a few features like dynamic playlists and I forgive you fiio :wink:

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #6,825 of 19,652
Any recommendations for cleaning the wheel? I had a couple smudges that wiped off with my shirt, but just something I want to point out for those that don't have perfect nice dry hands :p

Loving it so far, really. I find myself using it as a DAC the most, but that's mostly because I've only got an 8GB card so far.. gotta get 2 of those 128GB cards.

I also seriously can't wait to get the accessories.. especially the E12 bundle.

Another thing to note is I am using the IC from my E12 to connect that and X5.. I really need to get a different IC cable there. Preferably one that is a direct port-to-port without any wire to wrap around getting in the way (of the headphone cable and volume knob). Right now it's a bit cumbersome and I just can't get a good arrangement going, but this is also because my X5 and E12 aren't attached, so that makes it worse having them just flopping around.

Any suggestions for an IC cable that will be a perfect distance between the two line-out ports on E12 and X5, with no cable?
Or anything better than the stock FiiO one? How do you guys have yours set up?

I have absolutely no issues with the scroll wheel or the UI right now. I like it all, but am still getting used to it. I am coming directly from using iPod classics.
I get what people are saying about the wheel feeling flimsy, but I don't feel it as flimsy, it's just how it's built, it feels different than an iPod - I think people are expecting "that" feel for a scroll wheel. This works great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back