The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #4,321 of 19,652

the best response is that the X5 is the best sales in China in the past 30 days, and the worst thing is we have not enough X5 for the market. people can check the sales volume in taobao ( Chinese Amazon), the sales volume is opened to everyone. 

Glad to hear this James
beerchug.gif

I quite don't worry, since FiiO represent in Thailand promise me that I will get X5 from the first lot that send to Thailand. That's good enough for me. Now, I still enjoy with little X3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #4,322 of 19,652
I'm ready to pre-order, but haven't seen it on the sites of any European sellers yet.  Guess it's a matter of waiting for Amazon to get them.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #4,327 of 19,652
Ok one question which may have been asked. Does the x5 have WiFi? I ask because I would love to have a hope for streaming support for services such as Spotify. Great way to find new music before I buy a lossless format. I was told Ibasso dx100 does have WiFi and dx90 unsure at this point. I have been leaning toward x5 100% until I read this. Still might do x5 due to the company interactions in these forums though.

would Fiio consider a trade in program for the x7 for x5 buyers? Partial credit for this upgrading such as the program offered by svssound on their subwoofers?

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #4,329 of 19,652
Ok one question which may have been asked. Does the x5 have WiFi? I ask because I would love to have a hope for streaming support for services such as Spotify. Great way to find new music before I buy a lossless format. I was told Ibasso dx100 does have WiFi and dx90 unsure at this point. I have been leaning toward x5 100% until I read this. Still might do x5 due to the company interactions in these forums though.

would Fiio consider a trade in program for the x7 for x5 buyers? Partial credit for this upgrading such as the program offered by svssound on their subwoofers?

No wifi, no streaming. Also, just my 2 cents, wifi is pretty useless. Even Calyx removed their wifi section in their new coming dap M and added extra storage option (full sized sd card).

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #4,330 of 19,652
No wifi, no streaming. Also, just my 2 cents, wifi is pretty useless. Even Calyx removed their wifi section in their new coming dap M and added extra storage option (full sized sd card).

mate, have you seen some megaton buck CDT, amps and else? things which cost like a good car? and you would be surprised not to see even optical out....only later models may habe that.

i am also glad Calyx removed nonsense WiFi which makes little sense for High-Res playback in truly revealing system IMHO.

you say WiFi? OMG, what a waste if we speak about pure clean signal, do you really want it? i Not want it. And it was very smart to make larger storage instead of nonsense gimmicks.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #4,331 of 19,652
I appreciate your opinion. Thank you for the WiFi clarification. I just hate having to use desktop or alternate phone apps to "discover" new music which of course is not the intention of an audiophile dap. I know of no other way to find good music in my preferences. I listen to Spotify, rdio and mog then buy cd or vinyl once I find new stuff I like.

Spotify has 320kbps streams which is sufficient for previewing new music, though far from lossless, not terrible. Imo

streaming lossless flac from my DLNA server would be nice. Don't think 1.4 terabytes of music can fit on microsd cards.

Anyway at least I know now, thank you.

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #4,332 of 19,652
I appreciate your opinion. Thank you for the WiFi clarification. I just hate having to use desktop or alternate phone apps to "discover" new music which of course is not the intention of an audiophile dap. I know of no other way to find good music in my preferences. I listen to Spotify, rdio and mog then buy cd or vinyl once I find new stuff I like.

Spotify has 320kbps streams which is sufficient for previewing new music though far from lossless not terrible.

As a former DX100 owner, I can put your mind at rest that you're not missing anything there, in terms of it's inclusion of wi-fi. Great DAP for SQ, but the Wi-fi is very poor.

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #4,333 of 19,652

Spotify has 320kbps streams which is sufficient for previewing new music, though far from lossless, not terrible. Imo

one simple answer in one word: Apple .... and be happy. :p

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #4,334 of 19,652

As usual, many who don't seem to own one are complaining about the look. Apparently some also find it way too neutral, though we usually don't take it as a bad thing here.

I agree that look (with those 4 pawns) does not help my placebo, but hopefully it is neutral and transparent (the only thing I really care about).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back