The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 10, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #4,336 of 19,652
Dear all X5 owners,

I have been asked to compile a list of bugs and wanted features on the X5. I hope we can make good use of the bug reporting platform here

https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/

Just open an account there and enter descriptions for bugs you've encountered or stuff you want to see implemented under "File a Bug". You can also see all the bugs that have been entered so far by clicking "My bugs" and vote for them (after you have registered and logged in)--but so far all the bugs entered are for the X3 only...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #4,342 of 19,652
I find it interesting that he says the AK models are more resolving. I thought that was one of the outstanding features of the X5 from reading reviews. Perhaps some one who owns AK models and who has tried the X5 could comment.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #4,343 of 19,652
I stopped reading after he said ak100 is better sounding...

He didn't. He clearly preferred the sound of the x5 to both the 100 and 100mk2. He just said the 100-mk2 may have more absolute resolution. Lots more to music than the last bit of res.
smile.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #4,345 of 19,652
  I don't think so ...
"Just to give an idea of where things stand now in terms of SQ, it’s: X3 < DX50 < X5 < AK100 Mk1 < AK100 Mk2"

different point of view:

"I enjoy the X5’s sound more than the Astell & Kern AK100 (Mk1 or Mk2 variants) though I have to admit that the Astell have more steps, more resolution, and easily sounds richer in the small details."

"The superior depth of the X5 combined with the wider soundstage and blacker background, makes the music more palpable than on the AK, even if the X5 doesn’t resolve as much micro details as the AK."

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #4,347 of 19,652
  different point of view:

"I enjoy the X5’s sound more than the Astell & Kern AK100 (Mk1 or Mk2 variants) though I have to admit that the Astell have more steps, more resolution, and easily sounds richer in the small details."

"The superior depth of the X5 combined with the wider soundstage and blacker background, makes the music more palpable than on the AK, even if the X5 doesn’t resolve as much micro details as the AK."

Ya i read that but last conclusion is Ak100 mk1 > X5 in term of SQ. A bit confuse for me 
confused.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #4,348 of 19,652
  different point of view:

The review was a bit contradictory...I take that website with a big grain of salt - great photos and really nice website design, but reviews that strike me as being wishy-washy. They sell a lot of the gear they review, so there's that to take into consideration, too.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #4,349 of 19,652
I think that's foolish to say, there are bad reviews too of products Mike sells and not all the writers have a store, they have nothing to gain.
But to each his opinion of course
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #4,350 of 19,652
  I don't think so ...
"Just to give an idea of where things stand now in terms of SQ, it’s: X3 < DX50 < X5 < AK100 Mk1 < AK100 Mk2"

Granted but I think the review states which he would rather have with him if not for the ergonomics. I find many of his reviews a bit odd overall but I don't think them insincere. There was a period where he didn't like anything that wasn't warmed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back