The Fiio X5 Thread
Sep 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #12,751 of 19,652
  Does the new X5 firmware fix slow scroll issue (the scroll speed does not change making it's hard to deal with huge library)? Does it support playlist now? How is repairing process like if the X5 defects?
Thanks.

From what I understand the new (beta) firmware was put together to address the file limitation when browsing "all songs".  I believe the most recent "official" firmware (2.2) has playlist support.  I don't believe anything has been done to address the scroll wheel speed... but agree that it's an issue.  I've got somewhere around 300 artists in my library... it takes way to long to reach the bottom.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #12,752 of 19,652
From what I understand the new (beta) firmware was put together to address the file limitation when browsing "all songs".  I believe the most recent "official" firmware (2.2) has playlist support.  I don't believe anything has been done to address the scroll wheel speed... but agree that it's an issue.  I've got somewhere around 300 artists in my library... it takes way to long to reach the bottom.

Have you scrolled counter clockwise to reach the bottom? Instant bottom access. It takes longest to reach the middle, which, I admit, is a pain.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #12,753 of 19,652
Have you scrolled counter clockwise to reach the bottom? Instant bottom access. It takes longest to reach the middle, which, I admit, is a pain.

Yes, although someone mentioned a trick where you hold the bottom directional button (forwards / backwards depending on the direction you want to scroll) and scroll at the same time - this speeds things up considerably even if it is slightly clumsy to do

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #12,754 of 19,652
Changed out my smaller Compy tips for some newer, bigger Complys and the brightness is now at a really nice level.  Not much of a % of change, but enough.  

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #12,755 of 19,652
Yes, although someone mentioned a trick where you hold the bottom directional button (forwards / backwards depending on the direction you want to scroll) and scroll at the same time - this speeds things up considerably even if it is slightly clumsy to do

Yeah, that too. :wink:

By the way, do you work at a zoo or just have a million animals around you in Melbourne? I love the animal avatars constantly changing.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #12,757 of 19,652
If they can't implement some sort of accelerated scrolling it might be an idea to split long lists into letters.

ALBUMS -> A -> Albums starting with 'A'
ALBUMS -> B -> Albums starting with 'B'

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #12,761 of 19,652
Windows RT is not window 8.x. It looks the same, and the front functions the same, but the programs on it aren't the same. I believe microsoft has already halted their RT products.

Wish i could help you more, but i have 0 experience with RT...

Actually RT apps are just Metro/Modern apps so an RT app (Modern/Metro) would run on x86 and also ARM. If it is in the Windows Store it would work across all devices especially if they follow standards and create a Universal Windows app. So technically Win RT is not dead although you will not likely see other OEMs make a dedicated one. So i understand exactly what the poster meant.

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #12,762 of 19,652
  Quick question, I should receive my X5 this week and I was wondering if I should install FW 2.0 or 2.2 ?

Is it true that the SQ with FW 2.2 is not as good as with FW 2.0 ?

Thanks

Patrick

Well, the great thing about the X5, and all of FiiO's DAP's actually, is that you can install any firmware version old or new whenever you want, so my suggestion would be to start with 2.0, spend some time getting used to it and then switch to 2.2 and decide for yourself. If you decide that 2.0 sounds better then just switch back, easy peasy, lemon squezzzy. It's all part of the fun!

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #12,763 of 19,652
  Well, the great thing about the X5, and all of FiiO's DAP's actually, is that you can install any firmware version old or new whenever you want, so my suggestion would be to start with 2.0, spend some time getting used to it and then switch to 2.2 and decide for yourself. If you decide that 2.0 sounds better then just switch back, easy peasy, lemon squezzzy. It's all part of the fun!

Thanks for the advice :wink:

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #12,765 of 19,652
Dbpoweramp!

Yes! Dbpoweramp is the best one to use. I love it! When I insert a music CD, poweramp opens automatically every time and also automatically searches the gazillion sites it uses to get the idtags and album art and, 99 out 100 times, it gets it all and puts it in the file I assign it to. Lovely app! Worth every penny of the +-$50 I paid for it.

Now I'm wondering about this new app they advertise, whether it will actually do the same for files missing art and idtags on files I already have on my computer but don't have the cd for. I'm confused about that and wish the makers were more clear about that. Anyone have any experience with that app (I forgot the name, Perfect something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back