The Fiio X5 Thread
Jul 13, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #10,951 of 19,652
I love headphone bar. For anyone looking to order an X5 or any other types of audiophile equipment in Canada, look no further than Headphone Bar. Quick shipping, great service, some great deals and helpful customer support. I order from there often and can expect a package within 3-4 days of placing the order.

+10, I would say.....Even if its some $10-$30 extra to other sellers.....buying local has great advantage than x boundary purchases. In future, When you run into trouble its really easy to get support in a timely fashion that eventually makes us to stay in comfort zone than building up pressure ourselves,as we gotta ship overseas,if its purchased so, pay shipping charges for the RMA,,wait for their acknowledgment, and again wait for the delivery to us, post customs clearance, after they send back the reaplcement......by the time there'll be another model release? Who knows.....:D

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #10,952 of 19,652

One more nice thing i just found out: the pins delivered with the X5 are actually protection caps for the 1/8" outputs :)

Ohhhh.
I had no idea.
Thank you!   
redface.gif

I thought they were used for resetting the microprocessor!

BTW, I built my own 1/8" to RCA male digital coaxial cable last night (actually I modified an old Monster Cable digital cable), no more using the funny little 1/8" to female RCA adaptor anymore!

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #10,954 of 19,652
  where can I buy the silicone bands for the HS6? 
The structure is more resistant than the silicone bands 
tongue_smile.gif

There should be 4 bands in HS6, and you'll only need 2 at any time. I actually pull them really hard at time and they seem to hold up well enough.

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #10,956 of 19,652
  guys what do you think a good amp pairing with fiio x5?

Do a search through this thread my friend. Lots of opinions on that one including but not limited to the E12, C5, and C421.

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #10,957 of 19,652
I think the jds labs c5 is a great match for the x5.  I was also looking at the ican nano, but its input is on the opposite side of the output, which will make it hard to stack with the x5 since you'll have cables everywhere. 

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #10,963 of 19,652
  thanks... i think i need to try jds c5/c5d...

don't get the c5d, that'll just be a waste of money because you don't need a dac if you already got an x5.  The c5 is what you need, because its the same thing just without a dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back