The Fiio X5 Thread
May 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #9,991 of 19,652
Hey Guys need some help,
First X5 problem. Fx will not finish loading up. Stuck on Start-up screen where it says "Fiio 192/24B Digital Music". Tried 10 sec power button and reset button. Nothing works. I can power down but device does not get past that screen then hangs there indefinitely.
Any suggestions whould be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ronin

May 29, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #9,992 of 19,652
Hey Guys need some help,
First X5 problem. Fx will not finish loading up. Stuck on Start-up screen where it says "Fiio 192/24B Digital Music". Tried 10 sec power button and reset button. Nothing works. I can power down but device does not get past that screen then hangs there indefinitely.
Any suggestions whould be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ronin

Have you tried reloading the firmware?

May 29, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #9,994 of 19,652
Thanks for responding. I haven't yet as I am on road without computer for a few days. Was really afraid this would be the case. Can you think of anything else.
Thanks

Have you tried booting it up without the card inserted? If it boots past the startup screen without the card do a library update. This should clear the database and maybe any gremlins that are affecting your X5.

May 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #9,995 of 19,652
Have you tried booting it up without the card inserted? If it boots past the startup screen without the card do a library update. This should clear the database and maybe any gremlins that are affecting your X5.

^^^ THIS ^^^

I've had this problem, too. At first, I tried reloading the firmware. That worked, but it was a pain. Then I tried booting without the SD card, and that worked a treat.

May 29, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #9,996 of 19,652

Voila!

Thanks. Worked like a charm. Back to listening to great music. Cannot thank you and this forum enough. You guys are awesome. Started hearing all the X5 hater voices in my head as I struggled. Haha. Was really afraid I would be stuck without tunes for my trip.
Ronin

May 29, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #9,998 of 19,652
Voila!

Thanks. Worked like a charm. Back to listening to great music. Cannot thank you and this forum enough. You guys are awesome. Started hearing all the X5 hater voices in my head as I struggled. Haha. Was really afraid I would be stuck without tunes for my trip.
Ronin

No problem! Enjoy :)

May 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #10,002 of 19,652
X5 to SM64s.

Now I 'see' why it was so hard to 'see' in your pic...carry on..
rolleyes.gif

May 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #10,003 of 19,652

This. Sounds. Frickin. Awesome.

I assume you are using High Gain...and what volume do you find yourself listening at with X5 and SM64?

May 30, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #10,005 of 19,652
...was wondering when you would get your hands on an X5 :). Glad you're enjoying it...have you tried it with your SennGrados?

I am loving it. The black background everyone mentions must be experienced to be understood.

Only brief time with the SGs although now that you've mentioned them, I'm walking downstairs to grab em :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back