The Fiio X5 Thread
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #826 of 19,652
Quote:
Then you might also want to wait for X9 instead of buying X3 or X5 or X7. At the end you will die without a dap but waiting all your life.

Sorry, no offense, but that's how it looks like. Also I am not even sure FiiO is planning to make further than X5.

X9 already exists, sorry! 
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't call it a "super player", but I do enjoy it.
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #828 of 19,652
Quote:
Then you might also want to wait for X9 instead of buying X3 or X5 or X7. At the end you will die without a dap but waiting all your life.

Sorry, no offense, but that's how it looks like. Also I am not even sure FiiO is planning to make further than X5.

total agree , life is short and time is swift. enjoy what you can enjoy right now . there are not perfect stuff. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #831 of 19,652
Very funny replies, I am just represent me not anybody, not any groups, my words worth you guys to against? I have no right to express my feels?

As long as X3's great sucess are here, you guys can't stop any people have fantasy upon X5, right now there is no idea how far it could win X3 about sound quality, we only know it is not just a bit much expensive then X3 but quite a margin, other then functionality, whatelse I can expect from X5 to consider if it is wortyh for waiting?

Anyway, I just want a high C/P ration DAP could play DSD file even only via DoP, I have over 5Tb of SACD iso ripped, which right now could only enjoy via foobar DoP playback.

By the way, I am use of X3 + E12, very impressive, this is also why I have big expectation about X5, and by the way again, I am a cable and speaker desginer who own a factory in China, I do know how diffcult to design a product, but also do know what the market really wants.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #832 of 19,652
Quote:
Very funny replies, I am just represent me not anybody, not any groups, my words worth you guys to against? I have no right to express my feels?

As long as X3's great sucess are here, you guys can't stop any people have fantasy upon X5, right now there is no idea how far it could win X3 about sound quality, we only know it is not just a bit much expensive then X3 but quite a margin, other then functionality, whatelse I can expect from X5 to consider if it is wortyh for waiting?

Anyway, I just want a high C/P ration DAP could play DSD file even only via DoP, I have over 5Tb of SACD iso ripped, which right now could only enjoy via foobar DoP playback.

By the way, I am use of X3 + E12, very impressive, this is also why I have big expectation about X5, and by the way again, I am a cable and speaker desginer who own a factory in China, I do know how diffcult to design a product, but also do know what the market really wants.

Unfortunately, you won't find those features in this price range. Actually, there are only a few DAPs that do DSD playback and it isn't native. I might be mistaken, but I don't know of any that do true native playback. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #833 of 19,652
But I never told I do expect DSD native support, I did told even DoP is fine, even some desktop media player or DAC who told it support DSD playback is just DoP, not DSD native, bit still sound great.

More file format support also about more user freindly, no need user to do the boring file conversion job, which is also a selling point.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #834 of 19,652
Also, "you won't find those features in this price range" should not stand for Fiio, Fiio is not just famous for performance, quality and craftmanship, but price, just look at E12, how much should it cost if it is not Fiio and not made in China but with smilar OPAMP + BUFFER config? At least should cost double! Therefore, it is also why I have fantasy upon X5, specially compare with the X3, when X3 could already compare with something cost double.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #835 of 19,652
Quote:
Also, "you won't find those features in this price range" should not stand for Fiio, Fiio is not just famous for performance, quality and craftmanship, but price, just look at E12, how much should it cost if it is not Fiio and not made in China but with smilar OPAMP + BUFFER config? At least should cost double! Therefore, it is also why I have fantasy upon X5, specially compare with the X3, when X3 could already compare with something cost double.

It has already been said that the X5 will not support DSD playback, not sure what the debate is about. 

Also, cost is just one factor... but as I said, even DSD playback via PCM conversion is hard to find in DAPs.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #836 of 19,652
I know, and I have no more expectation about DSD playback either native or DoP from X5, the debate is I am trying to talking to the forum, why some guys seems trying to against anyone who just express a feelings, at the very begining, I just said a bit disappointed, not totally disappointed, which just express my feelings after X5 will not support DSD playback have been announced, and never said DSD playback is a must, but look at some replies, I can't be disappoint? Feelings disappoint is so ridiculous?

Anyway, I think I should quit this thread and back to Fiio's Chinese forum, there is more open-minded.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #837 of 19,652
Quote:
I know, and I have no more expectation about DSD playback either native or DoP from X5, the debate is I am trying to talking to the forum, why some guys seems trying to against anyone who just express a feelings, at the very begining, I just said a bit disappointed, not totally disappointed, which just express my feelings after X5 will not support DSD playback have been announced, and never said DSD playback is a must, but look at some replies, I can't be disappoint? Feelings disappoint is so ridiculous?

Anyway, I think I should quit this thread and back to Fiio's Chinese forum, there is more open-minded.

You seem to have misinterpreted people's responses.

1) AmberOzL and I were joking about James' remark because it could be interpreted in more than one way.
We weren't joking about you at all.

Sometimes, it is funny just to joke about the semantics of language. This was one such case. It was 100% friendly to James and was 100% not related to you at all.

You are very welcome here on Head-fi, and AmberOzL and I welcome you and were not joking about you at all.

2) With regard to the technical responses offered by others, in relation to features/specifications, I think you interpreted them as being hostile, but they weren't. They were, perhaps 'abrupt', but that is not the same thing as hostile. Perhaps there is a language barrier here which is leading to unintentional misinterpretations.

beerchug.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #838 of 19,652
The only way, anyone will be satisified with an ''audiophile' player is when companies like Sony, Panasonic, JVC take it up a notch so that we dont have to pay outrageous prices for something so simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back