The Fiio X5 Thread
Mar 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #5,011 of 19,652
Does the X5 have a built in amp, or will I need to buy one? I have a pair of JH Roxanne's on order that should be here by April 7, however currently using my iPhone 5 for music, with no amp or accessories besides my headphones.

I've also never heard true lossless music before, where do I obtain it?

It has a decent internal amp. Lossless you can rip from cd or buy them from vendors such as hd tracks.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #5,012 of 19,652
  I don't know...blue, red, or even gold would look pretty cool! 
cool.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I was thinking leopard print to really stand out from the competition!

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,014 of 19,652
Does the X5 have a built in amp, or will I need to buy one? I have a pair of JH Roxanne's on order that should be here by April 7, however currently using my iPhone 5 for music, with no amp or accessories besides my headphones.

I've also never heard true lossless music before, where do I obtain it?

If you rip a CD in iTunes, adjust settings: Edit -->Preferences-->Import Settings (on line that says "when you insert a CD"), then choose WAV, Apple lossless, AIFF, all various versions of lossless recording.  There are higher definition recordings available, but Apple idevices don't play them. With the settings I mentioned, your recordings will playback at CD quality.  You could start ripping your CD's in lossless before you get the X5.

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #5,015 of 19,652
Zx1 or Fiio X5? Going to order one tonight just not sure which one.

Which one has better sound/features?

I listen mainly to rap/hip hop, with a lot of country and blues and "house music" techno thrown in

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #5,021 of 19,652
Awesome review!!!

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #5,023 of 19,652
Some sneak peeks of my review (nope, no photoshop needed for all my shots):

And another shot cos' someone suggested that aside from taking pictures of the X5, we should take pictures with the X5 too! :D

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #5,024 of 19,652
  I don't know...blue, red, or even gold would look pretty cool! 
cool.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Does anyone know if you can take the housing apart? 

As i have my own aluminium product on sale i am quite tempted to anodize it in some fancy colour.
I check now if X5 is aluminium. :)

P.S.: Bamm ... aluminium. I will try to anodize mine, just need to check if you can take all parts off

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #5,025 of 19,652
Does anyone know if you can take the housing apart? 

As i have my own aluminium product on sale i am quite tempted to anodize it in some fancy colour.
I check now if X5 is aluminium. :)

P.S.: Bamm ... aluminium. I will try to anodize mine, just need to check if you can take all parts off

If that's possible, i think you'll get a lot of customers. i'd love to have the X5 in black/red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back