The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 28, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #4,801 of 19,652
Calyx is equally arrogant in that sense, too... Just saying

I don't know their desktop products, I checked their famous Femto, it has quite a big price but I am not the one who can tell it is worth it or not.

As for their dap, M, seems like 'ok' priced. Not iGreedy level but not FiiO level either.

I guess FiiO will always offer the best quality per dollars spent
happy_face1.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #4,802 of 19,652

I don't know their desktop products, I checked their famous Femto, it has quite a big price but I am not the one who can tell it is worth it or not.

As for their dap, M, seems like 'ok' priced. Not iGreedy level but not FiiO level either.

I guess FiiO will always offer the best quality per dollars spent
happy_face1.gif

I was mainly referring to the fact that M has no dedicated LO and digital out. I think if they are experts in implementing Sabre chip, the 1K price tag is justifiable as it looks like a premium product. However, for 1K I would expect that it has the same features that most other DAPs in the market can offer. well, it is my own priority. As for iGreedy, it is whole other level of ridiculous.

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #4,804 of 19,652
In all seriousness unless you need more power for fullsize headphones (for example HD600 300ohm) you will be just fine with out the amp.

You'd only need an amp for harder to drive cans. Even the HD600 is fine driven straight from the X5. It was one of the cans I used extensively with the X5 for my own review.

Feb 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #4,805 of 19,652
You'd only need an amp for harder to drive cans. Even the HD600 is fine driven straight from the X5. It was one of the cans I used extensively with the X5 for my own review.

What were you pumping the volume up to on HD600 to get comfortable listening levels? 

I can already guess high gain was in motion.

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #4,807 of 19,652
What were you pumping the volume up to on HD600 to get comfortable listening levels? 

I can already guess high gain was in motion.
Sorry H20 - no longer have the X5 - but there was absolutely no problem with volume or dynamics even on low gain. HD600 is actually not that hard to drive .......

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #4,808 of 19,652
The bundle kit is something this

A bumper, two rubber bands, an OCC interconnect and some anti-slip things....

the purpose is to avoid scratches

I like my E12DIY and think will order this kit...

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #4,809 of 19,652

that looks good. wonder how much it would cost tho.

anyway, i see that u have the HP50. how does it perform with the x5? i wont be able to try them so yea...seeking advice.

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #4,811 of 19,652
anyway, i see that u have the HP50. how does it perform with the x5? i wont be able to try them so yea...seeking advice.

Dont get hp50 if u plan to use for portable, the headband looks weird on anyone's head.. It is the reason i have not listened for a while. Dt1350 looks better but can be uncomfortable at times.. Let me try n listen over the weekend...

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #4,812 of 19,652
Dont get hp50 if u plan to use for portable, the headband looks weird on anyone's head.. It is the reason i have not listened for a while. Dt1350 looks better but can be uncomfortable at times.. Let me try n listen over the weekend...

thanks. do let me know. and tbh, the hp50 looks horrible whenever and however u look at it. but i head that its one of the top closed backs, so it may b the best possible for portable use no?

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #4,813 of 19,652

there will includes 4 rubber bands, 6 stands , and two bumpers, in case you lost some or one damaged. btw, the cable will change to PCOCC-A with silver plated, The same as below cable. this cable is called HPC-UE which made by FiiO and only sold in Japan

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #4,814 of 19,652
@JamesFiiO : I saw on one european site distributor that the european release for the Fiio X5 had been delayed to a unknown date. Is it true or it is specific to that distributor (ie Audiophonics) ? If it's true, some european customers could be really bothered about that news if they want to buy "locally" and avoid playing with customs duty. Can you tell us more about that ?

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #4,815 of 19,652

there will includes 4 rubber bands, 6 stands , and two bumpers, in case you lost some or one damaged. btw, the cable will change to PCOCC-A with silver plated, The same as below cable. this cable is called HPC-UE which made by FiiO and only sold in Japan

Nice:) Can you share some info on release/price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back