The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 27, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #3,736 of 19,652
  Mimouille - go to:
Menu > Play Settings

5th item down lets you choose either "Last Setting" or "Fixed Volume" when powering on.  You choose by highlighting - and hit the bottom left or right button.

If you choose 'fixed' - the actual volume setting is the next menu item down, and can be adjusted to suit.

Thanks

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #3,739 of 19,652

I tried 1Plus2 and Kaede so far. Will try SE5 later today.

Thanks again
happy_face1.gif
 Considering that it can even come close to HM901 soundwise is already good enough for me. I don't even think about tons of extra features and easy user experience, battery life, size etc.

Probably, considering your dap inventory, you won't need it but for a poor student like me, I think it is gonna be the best bang for buck product.

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #3,740 of 19,652
  Thanks again
happy_face1.gif
 Considering that it can even come close to HM901 soundwise is already good enough for me. I don't even think about tons of extra features and easy user experience, battery life, size etc.

Probably, considering your dap inventory, you won't need it but for a poor student like me, I think it is gonna be the best bang for buck product.

I agree. It is a great product soundwise so far.

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #3,742 of 19,652
  You are one helpful and trustful head-fier Mim, big thumbs up.

Ok, I am listening to X5 with SE5 right now. Sounds absolutely great. Really close to 901 level. And it has a benefit over the 901: the volume control is better for the SE5. Much better.

I am not a huge fan of the UI so far, but it is nothing terrible. And the sound is really great. At that price it is just a HUGE STEAL. I hope the AK240 is crapping his pants right now. Way to go Fiio, you nailed this one soundwise at least.

One little question: why such a smal screen? Even the 901 screen is bigger.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #3,746 of 19,652

Ok, I am listening to X5 with SE5 right now. Sounds absolutely great. Really close to 901 level. And it has a benefit over the 901: the volume control is better for the SE5. Much better.

I am not a huge fan of the UI so far, but it is nothing terrible. And the sound is really great. At that price it is just a HUGE STEAL. I hope the AK240 is crapping his pants right now. Way to go Fiio, you nailed this one soundwise at least.

One little question: why such a smal screen? Even the 901 screen is bigger.

That settles it ...I got to have this bad boy.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #3,750 of 19,652

Ok James, now we can talk about my commission.

If you offering to ship out X5 from China to US/Europe then I might have to jump on this as well.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back