1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Fiio X5 Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zzffnn, Apr 26, 2013.
First

Back
1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306
1308 1309 1310
Next

Last
  1. usrlocal
    I would avoid using solvents like isopropanol or Windex. That'll just make the problem worse.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. usrlocal
    Oh, and just to update: I went with the Chord Mojo in the end. Works fantastically well with my X5 and Fidelio X2 headphones. I'm quite blown away by the SQ improvement, especially in the details, which is just what I was looking for.

So thanks again everyone for your advice!

Now on to new headphones! :)

Dobrescu George likes this.
  3. aangen
    For headphones, just pick a pair of $3999 headphones in your favorite color. It's that easy.

usrlocal likes this.
  4. niron
    Today, I finally listened to my Fiio X5 with the great Chord Mojo attached, and I was totally blown away. It is completely on a league of its own. I don't think I will ever need to look backward anymore (at least not in the near future).

Thanks for the tip guys :wink:

aangen, AndrewH13 and usrlocal like this.
  5. lurk
    How my X5 wheel looks like now. 20170910_094533.jpg

6. aangen
    Sadness!

7. Dobrescu George
    Insert sad reactions only...

Maybe you can ask FiiO if they can help you with this little issue.

8. Darren Cotter
    I'm enjoying my recent purchase of a FiiO X5, as a spare or just something different to listen to. I wish there was still some interest in this thread.

9. quimbo
    I use mine every day at work and in the car. Trying to justify upgrading but finding it hard to

10. Kerouac
    I use mine as a dedicated source in my home rig: X5 (2x 200GB) line out => Headstage Arrow 5P => Cambridge amplifier => B&W speakers.
    Still going strong (also batterylife) after all these years. Fantastic (classic) dap :thumbsup:

11. Darren Cotter
    Like I said, my X5 is as a spare and for the beach/trips away. Models I've owned are the FiiO X5ii, X5iii, X7, X7ii, Ibasso DX200 and Questyle QP1R.

I still like the X5 and wouldn't be disappointed if that's all I had to listen to.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. Kerouac
    Just out of curiosity, which of these 3 daps would you rate highest regarding sound quality: X7ii, DX200 or QP1R? :thinking:
    And why?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  13. Darren Cotter
    Between all three is pretty close and more a matter of personal taste than a "Best" type thing. The FiiO X7ii is a bit smoother than the QP1R, so for everyday use might be better. For the very best quality recordings, the QP1R would extract slightly more detail, but because of this, would sound worse with poorer recordings.

The iBasso DX200 sounds great and you currently have the choice of 5 amp modules, so there isn't really one overall sound signature.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Kerouac likes this.
  14. AndrewH13
    My X5 i is strapped to the back of a Hugo II. Great transport without the silly dual connections of later versions of X5.

15. Luke Thomas
    Fixed by George in x5 iii thank My x5 will not play when I select "Play all file"
    It will play songs selected within the folder parameter.
    Any idea on a fix?
    Thx

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
First

Back
1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306
1308 1309 1310
Next

Last