The Fiio X5 Thread
May 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #151 of 19,652
Quote:
I already knew about the X3, but the X5 seems even more promising!

Subscribed and hoping for october to come quickly
smily_headphones1.gif

If everything in the OP is right, among other things, having dual micro SD slots is a big plus over the X3.

YES!!! Dual card slot please!!!

May 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #154 of 19,652
Yes, dual TF slot 

James,

You and your company brighten my day, thanks for creating these amazing and affordable products!

-CH23

May 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #156 of 19,652
Quote:
James, you just made my day. This is incredible. I think 64x2 + X5's own memory will be more than sufficient. Yes indeed my loseless files need a lot of space but as usual FiiO pays attention to every little detail. Wonderful job 
beerchug.gif

The plot does thicken for me (in a good way). Maybe I will re-rip my cd collection in flac after all...

Dual slots = very good news! (and if it was old news, well, I missed it!)

May 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #157 of 19,652
May 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #158 of 19,652
May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #159 of 19,652
Quote:
And why are you posting this here? The X5 is not a smartphone.

It will be used in future Daps, as it is solely developed for Daps and mobiles with much better battery life taken into consideration.
Maybe the X6 will have it.
Who said it will only be a "Mobile/cellular/smartphone" Chip?

May 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #160 of 19,652
Quote:
It will be used in future Daps, as it is solely developed for Daps and mobiles with much better battery life taken into consideration.
Maybe the X6 will have it.
Who said it will only be a "Mobile/cellular/smartphone" Chip?

I'm just going by the article......
What you're looking at above is a demo board carrying a next-gen WolfsonWM5110 audio chip for smartphones.

One of the WM5110's headline features is the ability to handle high sample ratemusic tracks at 24-bit and 192KHz, aka "studio master" or "better than CD quality" sound. Such skills are generally reserved for pricey standalone DACs like iRiver'sAK100, which allows Wolfson to claim that this is the first implementation for inside a smartphone.

May 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #161 of 19,652
I don't get it?

The WM8740 and many DAC's already handle high sample rate music

The OS or input method is generally what limits the device from using it.

Apple for example on its iOS players downcoverts everything to 48KHz. 

The CS4344 used in a few Apple devices also 'supports' high sample rate. 

So I don't see it being new that a chip can do high sample rate music

How much energy it saves and how it performs with that efficency however is another issue I am willing to look at.

May 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #162 of 19,652
Quote:
James, you just made my day. This is incredible. I think 64x2 + X5's own memory will be more than sufficient. Yes indeed my loseless files need a lot of space but as usual FiiO pays attention to every little detail. Wonderful job 
beerchug.gif

Sorry, X5 will not carry build in memory because we want to use the newest technology, which DRAM and the Flash is packaged in the same chip. it can help increase the speed and save the space . but it is hard to find such chip with high capacity .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #163 of 19,652
Don't get fool by marketing. If it is better than WM8740, it would have been marketed as a suitable WM8741 (the current flagship, intended as WM8740 upgrade) replacement / upgrade instead of a smartphone audio solution. At most, it is just another highly integrated solution that is meant to provide good sound at very limited power supply.

May 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #165 of 19,652
Quote:

I'm just going by the article......

I did some research, I think it was mainly made for Smartphones, you are right 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back