The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #1,831 of 17,481
The X3 is starting to open up and sounds really good the longer I listen.
Imagine Dragon - Radioactive
Demi Lovato - Heart attack
Glee - Hello, A House is not a Home, Dream On

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,833 of 17,481
Quote:
The X3 is starting to open up and sounds really good the longer I listen.
Imagine Dragon - Radioactive
Demi Lovato - Heart attack
Glee - Hello, A House is not a Home, Dream On

That was my song of the week, 3 weeks ago. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Not very good mastering. And very bass prone. But a good song none the less

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #1,834 of 17,481
What is C3s output impedance?

I could have sworn that the output impedance was more like 10 ohms. But that guy that was providing a lot of information on the C3 removed a lot of his posts. Could be I'm wrong.

However, without knowing what the low output impedance is of the C3, it is hard to know if comparisons are valid. I posted in the C3 appreciation thread to see what they say.

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,836 of 17,481
Just received my G.Skill Class 10, 32 GB Micro SDHC.

And so I took out a benchmark tool and did some tetsts

And I gotta say that this thing performs as rated. 

Sequential read and write performed at 1.5 to 2X the Class 10 rating getting between 16 to 19MB/s. 

512KB file size also did well getting 15-19MB/s

And as expected. Uber small file sizes of 4KB(average mp3 is 4,000 KB) did not do well(typical) which was expected of this.

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #1,837 of 17,481
Quote:
That was my song of the week, 3 weeks ago. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Not very good mastering. And very bass prone. But a good song none the less

haha yes, i was trying to find similar songs to that... but couldn't find any that match my taste... but i did find Fall Out Boys and 30 Seconds to Mars quite good too =)

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,838 of 17,481
Hello all, i'm new to this thread so i don't know if this question has been asked/ answered. But with apple files of all types is the artist, track name, and all of the file info there to read? In ClieOS's review he stated that the file info for apple files was not there. 

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #1,839 of 17,481
Wait, who's the local distributor for Toronto??

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,840 of 17,481
Update 2:
Initial/brief comparison with the C3 is that the X3 has a slightly wider soundstage, deeper extended bass and warmer tonality in the vocals. Unfortunately no amp on the C3.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #1,842 of 17,481
Quote:
OK. So 16 ohms for the C3. Isn't the FiiO E17 around 1 ohm? So the X3 should not have any problems with low impedance IEMs, but low impedance IEMs with impedance variance will have a different frequency response than when powered by the X3.

C3 has the same mistake of well known AK100. You make a device as portable as possible but you put hell of an OI in it so when people use it with low impedance iems their FR chart will change, they will have bass roll ofs and all. That's simply horrible. 16 ohms is one of the worst with AK100's 22 ohm.

Apart from FiiO's destk amp E09k, all their amps and their daps (X3 for the moment and upcoming X5) have less than 1 OI and there is no problem with matching them even with 8 impedance multi ba iems (like xba4).

That was one of the biggest reason of DX100's success too. That darn thing was so good with it could drive phones like HD800 as well as most sensitive and low impedance iem/ciems.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #1,843 of 17,481
Quote:
C3 has the same mistake of well known AK100. You make a device as portable as possible but you put hell of an OI in it so when people use it with low impedance iems their FR chart will change, they will have bass roll ofs and all. That's simply horrible. 16 ohms is one of the worst with AK100's 22 ohm.

No wonder all the C3 lovers recommend amps with it....

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,844 of 17,481
Quote:

No wonder all the C3 lovers recommend amps with it....

Yep, that's all understood now why they love that famous amp so much.

Edit: Also please spot the difference. Colorfly knows it is a very negative point for C3, doesn't put it in technical specs on the product page so you can't find it. I am seeing the honesty from FiiO in here on the other hand. There is not even a comparison.

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #1,845 of 17,481
Well I decided to go the colorfly c3 route with amp, the x3 is still to expensive to get as early adopter in europe. It costs 200 euro which is 260 usd and that is without shipping. That still is great value compared to other daps, but I am sure prices will go down a bit as supply will go up. For now I decided to wait more and postpone if I find the c3 good.
I have been following this x3 thread for a while and it seems an almost perfect dap. I do think it will be updated and bugfixed alot quicker then c3 and it should sound great!

Actually the c3 and x3 cannot be easily compared imho, the ui and its features are way better then on c3. The c3 has no built in amp that could match the output power from the x3. Still I am looking forwards for someone comparing x3 and c3 with amp. Then x3 with amp on LO and same amp on c3 HO. Soundquality would matter most. Gladly both daps are in the pricerange that one can have both :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back