The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,861 of 17,481
Quote:
Wait, what?  The Lightning is out?

Just out and what an amp!

On the coax, the thing is that anything less than 3 ft isn't great. Of course it works but what happens is you get reflections within the cable and they have found that the longer cable, 3 feet or a little longer, decreases the reflections substantially but for portable, what the heck. So a 3.5 to RCA, not the best of connections but it woks. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,862 of 17,481
Hmm quoting a post with another quote in it doesn't work...
Well my last mainstream dap was the Creative muvo n200, but I think it will outperform my Samsung Galaxy S with voodoosound too :)

You won't regret with the C3, i have it without the amp and it's still very impressive. Despite using a 16 ohm IEM, it drives mine flawlessly =)

Quote (cyberalpha11):
I don't have problem to use C3 to drive IEM Shure SE215.
l like C3 very much because of big sound stage and very good separation.

I can assure you that C3 is many times better (sound quality) than any main stream MP3 players last like iPod, Sansa, Creative, Philips or Sony.

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,863 of 17,481
Just out and what an amp!

On the coax, the thing is that anything less than 3 ft isn't great. Of course it works but what happens is you get reflections within the cable and they have found that the longer cable, 3 feet or a little longer, decreases the reflections substantially but for portable, what the heck. So a 3.5 to RCA, not the best of connections but it woks. 

Do you have a link to it? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #1,865 of 17,481
I am also interested too, would be nice to learn more about it.

I found this after I posted previously. Apparently, it's on RSA's Facebook Page but not on his site yet. http://www.head-fi.org/t/666106/the-lightning-a-new-very-small-balanced-amp-from-rsa-images-of-board-and-finished-amp Cheers! -HK sends

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #1,867 of 17,481
Quote:
Is there a real release date for this in the USA, this is mainly for james fiio but if anyone has a btter answer then in the next month or so that would be great. Anxiously awaiting this player.

Agreed, and if James sees this or if anyone knows if the X3 can read file info like artist track name etc. for Apple lossless and AAC files that would be lovely

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,868 of 17,481
Meta info is not displayed for Apple formats except sampling rate and sample size 
confused_face.gif

Quote:
Agreed, and if James sees this or if anyone knows if the X3 can read file info like artist track name etc. for Apple lossless and AAC files that would be lovely

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #1,872 of 17,481
A question for X3 owners:
If you browse your music by artist, what comes up when you select a particular artist?
Does the player show all albums by that artist, and inside those the songs, or does it just show all the songs by that artist as a list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back