The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #167 of 17,483
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Sony Z1060 but will wait for the Fiio now. Specs look great.

While you,re at it Fiio,  please make sure a 4" coax cable is in the works too and a similar optical cable* too. Would be great to plug it anywhere,anytime and just press play.

*If it aint too much hassle.

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #168 of 17,483
Gorgeous James! As stated before...in the other thread as well...this DAP had the potential to be a serious game changer. With the amount of features, with a great interface, and the ability to use microSD cards...the bigger players are definitely going to feel the market sway. Great job to you and your entire engineering team! Can't WAIT to hear this!

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #169 of 17,483
Quote:
FLAC would be great, but then there are tag problems with many players, WAV is too big, I don't do Apple formats, so that pretty much leaves me with WMA lossless and/or 320 MP3. A player that supports what I need, is a player I want 
biggrin.gif

It supports FLAC

Mar 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #170 of 17,483
Hi James,

Here is a +1 for leaving the extension in, just how you've shown it (or including file information such as type and bitrate on the now playing screen).

For some of us, that information is important, or at least useful.

The more information, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

I am so glad that you guys didn't give up on creating this player when the first attempt didn't work out.  It looks absolutely fantastic ~ like the player I've been wishing someone would build. 

Great job including the balance control too. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #171 of 17,483
I was hoping it was toggle and had an option to show bit rate.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #172 of 17,483
Quote:
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Sony Z1060 but will wait for the Fiio now. Specs look great.

While you,re at it Fiio,  please make sure a 4" coax cable is in the works too and a similar optical cable* too. Would be great to plug it anywhere,anytime and just press play.

*If it aint too much hassle.

I currently have a Sony F806, and I fully intend to get an X3 as well. 

Fiio X3 straight to the upcoming Aurisonics ASG-2 will be a dreamy combination, I just know.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #174 of 17,483
Quote:
I'm a little disappointed with the projected battery life. Weren't earlier estimates 20+ hours?

Lazy sorry... what's the latest projected  battery life?

Probably a moronic question, but here goes... How would the X3 compare to the Clip Zip + E11 or Clip Zip +E12, when comparing SQ-wise only?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #175 of 17,483
"10 hours in Engineer sample and may reach 12-15 hours when the firmware is optimized "

Quote:

Probably a moronic question, but here goes... How would the X3 compare to the Clip Zip + E11 or Clip Zip +E12, when comparing SQ-wise only?

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #176 of 17,483
Quote:

I tried comparing a clip+ with a fiio e17 , I liked the fiio e17 better than the clip + , I don't think it would improve much even with an amp like the e11 as the clip + have no proper line out and a rather weak amp

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #177 of 17,483
I'm hoping they can squeeze a bit more out of the battery life. I don't know the bit rate or volume used for their estimation of 12-15 hours. Hopefully it will be possible to minimize the drain on the battery from the screen by being able to reduce brightness and having a sleep function that starts after 3-4 seconds. Album art is nice, but I don't think anybody really stares at it for too long. I don't know how much of an impact that actually has on battery life, but anything that will improve efficiency is worth a look if it isn't too much of a problem to implement in the firmware.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #178 of 17,483
There are pics and info. :

Some news of our 192k/24bit Digital Audio Player X3.

We still working hard in the project because we are not satisfy with the current version and will like to make it better, so it will cost us some more days to modify the current design and them take 15 days to finish the last version of PCB design. it is a 6 layers PCB so it take long time than other models.

Now the most important thing is that we will like to add LOD to every power supply to DAC, Vol Control chip and even the amp section to get the best audio performance. also we compare to some other DAPs and I am very proud that we have not put a output resistor after the amp output so the frequency keep still very flag when I test my ES5 connect to the headphone out. also we have not put a output capacitor after the amp out because the amp is supplied by +/- voltage and also there are a relay to protect any DC voltage and over current.

We can understand that our fans already waiting for it so long time, and what I can say is that it is worth to wait a little more time to make it better. 

About the features and the UI, there are some detail to be improved but it is almost finished. but just can't meet our quality requirement.

BTW, We will still keep the same supply price to our distributor and sales agents, so the MSRP will not change even we spend more money to make it better. so the MSRP will still lest than $200 in U.S and some regions, of course it will be more expensive in UK and EU because the VAT is higher than other regions. X3 is our first DAP, we are not going to make a lots of money in this project, but hope it will be a great start to us because we will keep developing more models in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back