The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #181 of 17,484
Quote:
Hi James,

Here is a +1 for leaving the extension in, just how you've shown it (or including file information such as type and bitrate on the now playing screen).

For some of us, that information is important, or at least useful.

Hi James,
I would also like to be able to see bit rate If possible.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #183 of 17,484
I don't think this has been answered yet, so James can you please tell us is the buttons are back lit? Seen a photo of X3 with blue buttons. I prefer non back lit to save some battery life :)

not back light because the bottoms change to full metal

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #184 of 17,484
I am sure the X3 will sound many times better then Clip+ so that will be enough for many of us..
I like everything about this DAP.
Maybe Rockbox one day.....I said maybe
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #187 of 17,484
I really miss the days when DAPs, of various kinds, used to have in-line remote controls, to change tracks and volume easily without having to fumble in one's pocket...

Still, this X3 looks like a promising contender to provide decent sound for reasonable money. I wish it every success

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #188 of 17,484
I really miss the days when DAPs, of various kinds, used to have in-line remote controls, to change tracks and volume easily without having to fumble in one's pocket...

Still, this X3 looks like a promising contender to provide decent sound for reasonable money. I wish it every success

OMG!!! You hit the nail right on the head. To be able to use even the single-click Android type inline controller on my headphones would mean audio-nirvana for me!!!:cool:

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #189 of 17,484
Quote:

This is one of the reasons my rockboxed Clip Zips are so great. I clip them on my shirt so they hang in the shirt pocket......easy access to all the controls!

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #190 of 17,484
Quote:
This is one of the reasons my rockboxed Clip Zips are so great. I clip them on my shirt so they hang in the shirt pocket......easy access to all the controls!

MMMM...but easy access for muggers, too, if you do that

But anyway, let's not drift off-topic.

James, I'm looking forward to seeing what you and your colleagues bring to the market, with this X3 of yours :)

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #191 of 17,484
Quote:

MMMM...but easy access for muggers, too, if you do that

Luckily, there's very little of that sort of thing where I live.
smile.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #192 of 17,484
FWIW, I don't know how others feel about it, but I, for one, would be content to see the X3 being 3mm thicker if it would dramatically increase battery capacity to yield closer to 20-25 hours playback, rather than 10-15.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a manufacturer destroy the serious usability of a product because they're so desperate to compete in terms of 'sexy & slim', that they put a tiny battery in and customers are doomed to have to recharge it very frequently, and experience many tens or hundreds of disappointments during the products lifetime, as it runs flat just when they are enjoying using it.

HTC, Samsung, Apple, are all guilty of this with their smartphones. iBasso are guilty of it with their DX100 (although that is already pretty chunky, so they couldn't really have made it thicker, but they could have added 2-3 hours more runtime by adopting the lower voltage that the Hibino HDP-R10 uses).

Anyway, the point is that I hope the X3 will have strong usability instead of worrying too much about how 'sexy-slim' it is. I'll take a decent, reliable product that doesn't go flat every time I use it, instead of a beautiful-looking one which lets me down hundreds of times with a flat battery.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #193 of 17,484
It's already quite thick, especially if you pair it with another amp, so, it is fine, I don't listen to music 10 hours a day anyways...

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #194 of 17,484
Quote:
FWIW, I don't know how others feel about it, but I, for one, would be content to see the X3 being 3mm thicker if it would dramatically increase battery capacity to yield closer to 20-25 hours playback, rather than 10-15.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a manufacturer destroy the serious usability of a product because they're so desperate to compete in terms of 'sexy & slim', that they put a tiny battery in and customers are doomed to have to recharge it very frequently, and experience many tens or hundreds of disappointments during the products lifetime, as it runs flat just when they are enjoying using it.

HTC, Samsung, Apple, are all guilty of this with their smartphones. iBasso are guilty of it with their DX100 (although that is already pretty chunky, so they couldn't really have made it thicker, but they could have added 2-3 hours more runtime by adopting the lower voltage that the Hibino HDP-R10 uses).

Anyway, the point is that I hope the X3 will have strong usability instead of worrying too much about how 'sexy-slim' it is. I'll take a decent, reliable product that doesn't go flat every time I use it, instead of a beautiful-looking one which lets me down hundreds of times with a flat battery.

It's got quite a hefty battery in it already. The reason the playback time is what it is, is because this player pumps out serious power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back