The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 20, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #15,301 of 17,484
huh. I'm gonna go update right now then.

I got my microSD card (complete with full-sized SD holder) through eBay Australia and it was much cheaper than buying it locally.

One thing I have noticed with FW3.34, and which I'll have to look into, is what seems like the automatic playing of all music in an artist folder. That ambient album I was listening to seemed to be playing 'forever' so I thought I'd better check and see what file it was up to. That's when I found it had actually moved on to the NEXT album in the folder and had reached the last file. That's OK, but I'd rather decide what I want to play. There is hopefully a setting that I can sort out. Apart from that, I'm very pleased with 3.34.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #15,302 of 17,484
There's an option to turn it off. It's on by default.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #15,303 of 17,484

I got my microSD card (complete with full-sized SD holder) through eBay Australia and it was much cheaper than buying it locally.

One thing I have noticed with FW3.34, and which I'll have to look into, is what seems like the automatic playing of all music in an artist folder. That ambient album I was listening to seemed to be playing 'forever' so I thought I'd better check and see what file it was up to. That's when I found it had actually moved on to the NEXT album in the folder and had reached the last file. That's OK, but I'd rather decide what I want to play. There is hopefully a setting that I can sort out. Apart from that, I'm very pleased with 3.34.

For me, this feature is a huge improvement. To turn it off if you don't find it useful, go to the bottom of the sound settings menu. On the custom firmware I am using, it is called Folder Advance on/off. I think on the official 3.34b it is called Play Through Folders. Try turning this switch to off and it should go back to what it used to be like.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #15,304 of 17,484
Hello guys,

Just wondering where you guys usually post your custom firmwares for the X3, as I would like to post a Russian translation of 3.34beta a fellow head-fier created... :)

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 21, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #15,306 of 17,484
Hello guys,

Just wondering where you guys usually post your custom firmwares for the X3, as I would like to post a Russian translation of 3.34beta a fellow head-fier created...
smily_headphones1.gif

Best regards,
Joe

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684793/diy-your-own-theme-for-your-lovely-x3/570#post_11343582

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #15,307 of 17,484

For me, this feature is a huge improvement. To turn it off if you don't find it useful, go to the bottom of the sound settings menu. On the custom firmware I am using, it is called Folder Advance on/off. I think on the official 3.34b it is called Play Through Folders. Try turning this switch to off and it should go back to what it used to be like.

Thanks for that information. I'll look into it.

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #15,309 of 17,484
I just got my X3. Everything is going good. I just had a question regarding FW. Is it necessary to have an empty microsd X3 formatted card in order to install the FW or can you just have it on a X3 formatted card with other tunes?

Thanks

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #15,310 of 17,484
I just got my X3. Everything is going good. I just had a question regarding FW. Is it necessary to have an empty microsd X3 formatted card in order to install the FW or can you just have it on a X3 formatted card with other tunes?

Thanks

Me normally do it with empty sd card cuz it's a spare 2gb card but some owner of X3 update the fw with the card with tunes...should be alright..cheers

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #15,313 of 17,484
Thanks to the both of you guys. With the custom themes, I just wanted to be able to changes things more often.

If I were you, I'd keep the x3.fw file on the mSD card you usually use. Even though it's recommended to delete it after updating, it's perfectly fine to leave it on your card. That way if you have any problems later, you can easily re-flash the firmware.

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #15,314 of 17,484

Thanks

Is no problem i've done with card almost filled, even with songs on the internal flash memory and works just fine (Juts make sure to have  A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR MUSIC SOMEWHERE ELSE)

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #15,315 of 17,484

Thanks

Your card can be full of music yes

FiiO only recommends that it be empty for a 'just in case' reason but I've never had an issue with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back