The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #15,286 of 17,484
Greetings

My first post here, sorry if someone already asked but I appreciate if you can tell me does X3 supports native DSD playback when used as a usb DAC? I have SACD pluging in foobar, ASIO driver and when hitting play no errors (edit) just what happens is that there are huge noise however you can hear music in background. what could reason causing this issue ?

I used this guide http://www.audiostream.com/content/how-play-dsd-file-using-foobar2000

Thanks

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #15,287 of 17,484
Hello!
Today, after a long waiting, get my FiiO X3 player, buyed in ebay.
check for authenticy - good.
in complete with player i found an in-ear earphones - without any brand of it, only  "K&Z" on connector.

anyone knows anything about that earphones, or may share impressions about it?

thanks...

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #15,288 of 17,484
  Hello!
Today, after a long waiting, get my FiiO X3 player, buyed in ebay.
check for authenticy - good.
in complete with player i found an in-ear earphones - without any brand of it, only  "K&Z" on connector.

anyone knows anything about that earphones, or may share impressions about it?

thanks...

Interesting dude, i can't get fiio website to show the authenticity checks on IE 11, and my x3 came with no headphones that's even more ineteresting

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #15,291 of 17,484
Interesting dude, i can't get fiio website to show the authenticity checks on IE 11, and my x3 came with no headphones that's even more ineteresting

It doesn't come with them. Rather than bundling el cheapo earphones, they reduce the cost by not including them at all. After all most of their target market already have iems or cans good enough to justify the X3's sound quality and probably wont use the bundled earphones.

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #15,292 of 17,484
  Hey guys, I JUST got an email for the thread about firmware 3.34b - but it looks like its been out since november!

Is this the most current firmware/beta still?

If the sound is as good as 3.21b and 2.14b - and gapless works fine - then the other features look GREAT!

I've just installed FW3.34 and am currently listening to an ambient album that needs gapless playback. I noticed a small gap at the end of the first track, whereas it should have been seamlessly continuous. Then I wondered if the Gapless option was turned OFF - and it was. That is clearly the default situation whenever a firmware update occurs. Once I turned it on, all was well. As someone has already mentioned, the sound quality is superb - but then I thought it was with FW3.30 as well.

I received my SanDisk Ultra 128GB class10 48MB/s microSDXC card just over a week ago and spent some time transferring all the file over to it after formatting it via the X3.. So far I haven't noticed any skipping or 'garbage' of any kind. I'm obviously highly delighted with it.

I continue to be amazed at just how well this little player performs. There is tremendous clarity with a sweet top end and the bottom end if awesome - clean and deep.

Well done, FiiO.

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #15,293 of 17,484
I've just installed FW3.34 and am currently listening to an ambient album that needs gapless playback. I noticed a small gap at the end of the first track, whereas it should have been seamlessly continuous. Then I wondered if the Gapless option was turned OFF - and it was. That is clearly the default situation whenever a firmware update occurs. Once I turned it on, all was well. As someone has already mentioned, the sound quality is superb - but then I thought it was with FW3.30 as well.

I received my SanDisk Ultra 128GB class10 48MB/s microSDXC card just over a week ago and spent some time transferring all the file over to it after formatting it via the X3.. So far I haven't noticed any skipping or 'garbage' of any kind. I'm obviously highly delighted with it.

I continue to be amazed at just how well this little player performs. There is tremendous clarity with a sweet top end and the bottom end if awesome - clean and deep.

Well done, FiiO.
huh. I'm gonna go update right now then.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #15,294 of 17,484
Here is mine earphones, who i get with my X3.
cvan anyone tell anything about it?
link to tech parameters?

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #15,296 of 17,484
  How do your perceive SQ of the headphones VS the ones you have?

i'd say, it was not very good.
I found, good test for me is start of "bye bye beautiful" of Nightwish - not all sound devices give good, punching, defined drum there.

i dont have a big earphones collection - a Xiaomi 2nd piston ( golden), Xiaomi piston ( plastic,black), creative ep630, sony XBA-C10, sennheiser HD201, and something of philips ( not remember model number, but from cheap line) who i use at work.

must say, sony xba-c10 very like for me - it is balanced driver, and surprising to me, it have a good bass response too.
Xiaomi 2n piston too likes me. ep630 is about +/- in near level, but it has have a good properties - it was very short, as so, i think, i can wear it under a helmet, when i start riding with moped \ motorcycle.
plan to buy sennheiser HD 429 or 439, pmx series for jogging, and maybe hd380 pro in future...
very happy with X3 performance. looks like it give a significantly better sound, than a sansa clip+...

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #15,297 of 17,484

How do your perceive SQ of the headphones VS the ones you have?

i'd say, it was not very good.
I found, good test for me is start of "bye bye beautiful" of Nightwish - not all sound devices give good, punching, defined drum there.

i dont have a big earphones collection - a Xiaomi 2nd piston ( golden), Xiaomi piston ( plastic,black), creative ep630, sony XBA-C10, sennheiser HD201, and something of philips ( not remember model number, but from cheap line) who i use at work.

must say, sony xba-c10 very like for me - it is balanced driver, and surprising to me, it have a good bass response too.
Xiaomi 2n piston too likes me. ep630 is about +/- in near level, but it has have a good properties - it was very short, as so, i think, i can wear it under a helmet, when i start riding with moped \ motorcycle.
plan to buy sennheiser HD 429 or 439, pmx series for jogging, and maybe hd380 pro in future...
very happy with X3 performance. looks like it give a significantly better sound, than a sansa clip+...

Nice i also have sony erphones and once owned some Ultrasones (gave them to my Guy as gift), as a guy who has been always a sony fan i can say the ultrasones were pretty good.

based in your reviews you can then toss those "extra" phones to the trash or give them to someone who wears white iBuds
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #15,298 of 17,484

Nice i also have sony erphones and once owned some Ultrasones (gave them to my Guy as gift), as a guy who has been always a sony fan i can say the ultrasones were pretty good.

based in your reviews you can then toss those "extra" phones to the trash or give them to someone who wears white iBuds
biggrin.gif

looks like :D
 btw, try to switch X3 in "DAC" mode and connect to Linux computer with kernel 3.10 - it found "USB sound device FiiO X3".
Not try to set it as output sound device, but theoretically it must work.....

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #15,299 of 17,484

looks like :D
 btw, try to switch X3 in "DAC" mode and connect to Linux computer with kernel 3.10 - it found "USB sound device FiiO X3".
Not try to set it as output sound device, but theoretically it must work.....

I've had it working "out of the box" on Ubuntu so I don't think you'll have any problems getting it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back