The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #13,651 of 17,484
Now that we have playlist capability, I'm wondering isn't the "favourites" feature pretty much redundant. I don't use favourites myself, but wanted to hear some opinions if it would be worth keeping. One reason I can think of turfing it would be that we could use that space in the music operation menu for tone controls. Don't really use that myself either, but seems like quite a few people would like to get that from the playing screen instead of going back through the menus. That way a person could just hold the back button, select tone, then adjust bass/treble and cycle through eq presets.

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #13,653 of 17,484
  Now that we have playlist capability, I'm wondering isn't the "favourites" feature pretty much redundant. I don't use favourites myself, but wanted to hear some opinions if it would be worth keeping. One reason I can think of turfing it would be that we could use that space in the music operation menu for tone controls. Don't really use that myself either, but seems like quite a few people would like to get that from the playing screen instead of going back through the menus. That way a person could just hold the back button, select tone, then adjust bass/treble and cycle through eq presets.

for me it is now useless function indeed ... and i am with your opinion in tone control option would be much more useful 

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #13,654 of 17,484
I never cared for the Clip+ at all and really don't get that so many people can be happy with it's design and sound but YMMV.

To me the X3 is superior in every single way.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #13,655 of 17,484
Only reason I use Favorites is for building a quick list of songs for A/B comparison when testing new IEM.

Bass/Treble adjustments rock and should definitely be given a spot on the Quick Menu!!!

for me it is now useless function indeed ... and i am with your opinion in tone control option would be much more useful 

It seems to me that favs. and playlist basically has the same functionality on the X3 (same process of creating unless I'm wrong).
We'll see if other folks chime in, and hopefully Fiio will take this into consideration. @JamesFiiO, @Joe Bloggs is there anybody out there
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #13,656 of 17,484
I wasn't serious about the Clip + even though my Clip + is right there where it always sits. It's Rockboxed you know. Golly.
I prefer the sound of my X3 and X5 to any other portable player. So Nyaah!

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #13,657 of 17,484
I wasn't serious about the Clip + even though my Clip + is right there where it always sits. It's Rockboxed you know. Golly.
I prefer the sound of my X3 and X5 to any other portable player. So Nyaah!

So many people saying good things about the rockboxed sansa + ..i owned a rockboxed ipod 5th before ... The only good for me from rockboxing is the eq .. But later i got sony walkman f806 and loaded the full version of jetaudio plus and its plugins.. It beats any rockboxed device in equalizers ... So if i have to go with equalizers nothing beats jetaudio on a sony walkman :D

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #13,658 of 17,484
Thanks for the tip. But my IEM's are already out of the base model range from Sony. Yes, i will find ways to convince myself that this X3 is a worthy investment. I'll order a better model from Sony today. Its funny that some people in this thread are not open for suggestions and don't want to check. They are either simply jumping into a bandwagon or blinded by how the marketing of this product goes.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #13,660 of 17,484
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #13,662 of 17,484
Thanks for the tip. But my IEM's are already out of the base model range from Sony. Yes, i will find ways to convince myself that this X3 is a worthy investment. I'll order a better model from Sony today. Its funny that some people in this thread are not open for suggestions and don't want to check. They are either simply jumping into a bandwagon or blinded by how the marketing of this product goes.

No way we are trying to convince you or our selves with any thing dude .. All what i want to say - if you are talking about my comment - that you should sell your player if you don't love it and you see it not worthy and you may gat an amp or so to get even a better sound from your s1 .. It is a beautiful hoppy and its uniqueness came from its individuality.. So enjoy what you have and love :)
I have sony f806 and it may have the same wolfson dac that in your mobile.. And the first time i heard it i said : Wow ..what a clarity!! .. It is more neutral and cleaner than X3 but i enjoy both sound signatures and both has each headphones to go with :) .. Besides the walkman falls short in terms of power so it needs an amp to do it for me even with my shures .. So i am planning to get a clean and neutral quality amp for both .. To get the full of my walkman and see how the x3 will sound with a quality amp .... In your case i think with your sony iem it will be perfect alone so i advised you to sell it .. Didn't want to be rude or closed minded at all :blush:

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #13,663 of 17,484
The navigation if you have a lot of songs is a pain in the ---. Going from A to G takes like 40 seconds if you have 493 songs available. I feel bad for those with 1000+. Why don't you guys send a request to FiiO devs to make the player jump from 1 letter to another by doing double press and  hold on the up and down keys? This is make your the so called good user experience better? 

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #13,665 of 17,484
  The navigation if you have a lot of songs is a pain in the ---. Going from A to G takes like 40 seconds if you have 493 songs available. I feel bad for those with 1000+. Why don't you guys send a request to FiiO devs to make the player jump from 1 letter to another by doing double press and  hold on the up and down keys? This is make your the so called good user experience better? 

I have 145 artists and even that takes ages to scroll though. I created folders called A - H, I - Q and R - Z. That saves a lot of scrolling time. You could try something similar with your songs. But I tend to always listen to one whole album and I don't mind if it stops at the end because I like manually choosing which one to go for next.. I would assume you would want it to play all the way through the tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back