The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #13,666 of 17,484
@Sparda0

I'm sure many users of the X3 are not blinded by marketing or jumping the bandwagon. As a matter of fact the X3 was a very little known device not too long ago and has become popular based on its reputation for sound quality. Personally I've owned many devices starting with the old cassette Walkmans (been at this a long time) through to my current favourite the X5. I've owned the X3, and when I did it was a jump up in sound quality from anything I've heard before, including any smartphone.

You need to understand that your experience with the X3 will not be the same as others. It could be simply that you prefer the sound from the S1 but that does not make the X3 inferior to everyone else. The specs of the devices don't mean much if you don't like the result. As was mentioned earlier it could be the headphone pairing with the X3 that you are not enjoying. Often a weak performing headphone will come to light when fed from a high quality source. Whereas a weak performing source will be masked by a weak performing headphone. It's all about synergy and coherence in the audio chain. Upgrade your headphones first, then the player, then find the best produced music you can and sit back and enjoy. Or, if you prefer, stick to what you have and enjoy.

I can appreciate that you bought the X3 expecting it to improve your audio chain from what you currently have and you are disappointed. I also can appreciate you wanting advice or to express your opinion on this site with others. I just don't understand why you need to post again and again saying the same thing and spamming the thread trying to convince everybody that your perspective and audio chain is the best when clearly this is not the case for everyone.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #13,668 of 17,484
If this thread of 13670 posts sings praises for the X3 and a few posts condemning it....then any sensible person should know where the X3 stands. I know of many Samsung S series phone owners stopped using their phone for music after they've upgraded to the X3 
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #13,669 of 17,484
Hey guys, i want to sell my Fiio X3 but i dont know how do you folks, make transactions here? i think electronic money transfer is more vigilated by the mexican "IRS" so i think is difficult.

Mexico also has a similar site to eBay, but i don't know how easy is to sell a product like fiio given the niche of "audiophiles, music lovers"

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #13,670 of 17,484
If this thread of 13670 posts sings praises for the X3 and a few posts condemning it....then any sensible person should know where the X3 stands. I know of many Samsung S series phone owners stopped using their phone for music after they've upgraded to the X3 :D

Bah!

Samsung eeezzz best!!!

Fiio eeezzz no guud!

:evil:

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #13,671 of 17,484
Like I mentioned a few thousand posts before, but got bashed for it, I don't see why you would spend more on the player than the head/earphone. Like what Relic mentioned, it might even make the sound worse than before. Btw, I had the Samsung S2, the DAC inside is just bad, you can literally hear the noise floor with any decent pair of earphone. I heard that it's only the S2 though.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #13,672 of 17,484
I only upgraded to the X3 because it was offered as a trade (new x3 for my used AMD r9 280). Friend works at a audio shop in vancouver so I bet he gets discounts. 

The Fiio e7 (original 16-bit 48Khz) was my last portable amp hooked up to Sansa Clip+ with rockbox. Due to long use the Line-In jack on my E7 broke causing only left channel to work on the outputs, which was fixed by removing the line-in jack and using it only in USB mode. 

Which configuration is better for stereo Receiver?

#1: USB 16-bit 48Khz Fiio E7 @ Volume 60 -> Stereo Receiver

#2: Realtek "audio boost" -> Stereo Receiver

motherboard is Z97 Mpower MAC AC with 4690K OC @ 4500Mhz Core (3800Mhz uncore). Reviews say the audio is "good" overall for onboard but is it something I should use over e7? Currectly the only reason why my e7 is plugged in is because it has 2 output jacks which allow me to plug in my headphones while having audio sent to my stereo.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #13,675 of 17,484
  The navigation if you have a lot of songs is a pain in the ---. 

I would just like to say this thread had a much purer and more enjoyable tone before you bought your X3. Hopefully you have sold it and can leave us alone.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #13,676 of 17,484
Using these effects on your S1 is like using an eq, of course there are some raw sound benefits such as lower noise floor, etc from these mods but your +3db bass is ofc an eq. There are no doubt surround sound effects and sound stage enhancers, etc which many find to sound unnatural but some may like, the x3 is quite neutral sounding with little in the ways of eq, although I have no doubt that its hardware eq is superior to any mod on xda. The X3 is technically superior, has an extremely low output impedance for neutral output on all headphones or low impedance in-ears and has a much superior amp so technically it should be better not only with low impedance iems but also with hard to drive headphones, not to mention its black noise background. So if the S1 is better its due to any mods you`ve installed that you have become accustomed to, the norm, making the neutral X3 sound unnateral. Maybe give the X3 a chance, its undoubtedly "better", kinda like going to a neutral headphone from a pair of bassy VModas or equivalents, they`re gonna sound boring, maybe unnatural in comparison, but listen a few hours a day for a week and soon those bassy headphones will sound plain muddy and veiled. Listen to the X3 ONLY for two weeks to let the sound settle with you then go back to your S1 and see if you still like it, you can sell the X3 anyway and the S1 is a more convenient device on a whole. This is the true burn in that users report on this forum, maybe it`ll work for you too and save you $160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back