The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 25, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #13,636 of 17,484
there old S1 starts for around 65 euro. not cheap enought for me, for waste such money, only for test it characteristics for you,sorry :wink:

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #13,637 of 17,484
hi sparda0,

I am also using fiio x3 as my main music device. But if samsung galaxy si9000 can provide such a great sound signature and quality then am ready to test one. i am planning to take one secondhand mobile within a week. but please send me the rooting procedures and the best sounding rom and list to akbar625416@gmail.com

i have used samsung wave s8500 which uses the same wolfson dac that used in galaxy s. And those days i was impressed with the sound quality it delivered. So am planning to check the voodoo on samsung galaxy si9000.

please help me by sending those procedures and the right and best rom for galaxy s. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #13,638 of 17,484
Here you go. The procedure itself is a no-brainer. Check its SQ with IEM, you'll agree with me. I regret buying the X3 :frowning2:. Just make sure follow the set up I posted earlier to squeeze the best possible SQ out of it. Use PowerAMP app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2529461

Keep me posted dude. Tell them about its SQ compared to X3.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #13,641 of 17,484
  I didn't say that its the best sounding player, I was referring about the FW 2.14B which most claims that it's the best for the X3 in terms of SQ. Has anyone heard the sound of the Voodoo'd Galaxy S1? I am making a comparison right now and it beats the X3 on overall SQ. Anyways, i am using Sony MDR-EX510 IEM which is offers a neutral response and sound.

It sometimes does work better to have a pair of headphones that is a similar price to the X3. My AKG K550s were £129 at the time I bought them and the X3 was £159. They work very well together. Using a pair of headphones that costs much less than the X3 doesn't tend to go very well with it. If you try out your a better pair of headphones or IEMs, then compare your phone to the X3, the X3 could well sound better. I have a cheap pair of headphones that possibly sound worse in the X3 than in something that is much cheaper.
With my K550s the X3 sounds as good as my desktop E10 amplifier. It sounds better that pretty much every other source I have. I do have a lot of different headphone amplifiers. It could just be your IEMs that just don't suit the X3. Try your X3 out with something else and see what you think then. The line out of the X3 actually can be better that the headphone out if you use a good enough amplifier.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #13,642 of 17,484
  One more thing I noticed. The X3 is stressful to my ears. It gives me ear aches :frowning2:. Even at the same volume. Frustrated...

sell it , man ... sell it quickly 
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #13,647 of 17,484
I hate to point out that the Sansa + negates the need to even discuss other audio gear. And it's only $40.

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #13,648 of 17,484
sell the x3 to me for cheap!!!!

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #13,649 of 17,484
  BTW, can anybody says full list of filesystems, supportd in X3?
it seems support FAT32.  exfat? NTFS? EXT2 / 3? any other FS ?

Fat32 is mandatory for doing firmware updates, but exfat is also supported now. I've read that ntfs can be used, but haven't tried it myself.

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #13,650 of 17,484
  I hate to point out that the Sansa + negates the need to even discuss other audio gear. And it's only $40.

sansa clip + is a very wonderful little gem for what it is meant to be for  ... but for me X3 is better than it in every aspect .... aside from the better user experience and far better build quality & more extras like true line out and coax out .... in terms of audio quality : both had the same sound with the sensitive iems and with low volumes only ..... try to drive hard iem or headphone and watch sansa clip + sounds shouting and loosing control .. while x3 drive them beautifully and effortlessly with a wonderful separation and with its hardware bass & treble controls which also adds to the sound quality aspect some points ahead from sansa clip + ( not mentioned the software 5 band eq ... because they both have it ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back