The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #13,621 of 17,481
  How many do you need?

I personally like to be EXT2 or ext3 support, as i Linux user, and that FS is good for me.
Also NTFS not bad - it has many capabilities, good support in Win world, and so on. FAT32 is very old fs, with many weak point, i think.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #13,622 of 17,481
I read that FAT32 worked before I bought my X3. I use 128 GB cards that were easy enough to format to FAT 32. I fill them up, stuff them in the X3 and X5 and they work swell. (zero problems) So if FAT32 can be improved on, I does not interest me. YMMV

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #13,623 of 17,481
Sorry but i don't think so. I made a direct comparison between X3 on firmwaers 2.14b, 3.0, 2.11 and the Galaxy S1, the difference is night and day.

Use another player so you'd know the difference and songs which you had been listening to for years. I tried The Eagles Hell Freezes Over Hotel California (instruments and sound stage) and Lara Fabian's I Guess I Love You (female vocals). Both files are in 16bit-44.1khz FLAC format. 

2.11 sounds better and close to the Voodoo'd Galaxy S1 but still can't beat it with its deep bass and wider sound stage. Try it guys and see for yourselves! This Fiio X3 was beaten by a "phone" from 2010! 

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #13,624 of 17,481
  Sorry but i don't think so. I made a direct comparison between X3 on firmwaers 2.14b, 3.0, 2.11 and the Galaxy S1, the difference is night and day.

Use another player so you'd know the difference and songs which you had been listening to for years. I tried The Eagles Hell Freezes Over Hotel California (instruments and sound stage) and Lara Fabian's I Guess I Love You (female vocals). Both files are in 16bit-44.1khz FLAC format. 

2.11 sounds better and close to the Voodoo'd Galaxy S1 but still can't beat it with its deep bass and wider sound stage. Try it guys and see for yourselves! This Fiio X3 was beaten by a "phone" from 2010! 

it is very subjective. Give us exact numbers, oscillogramms and so on - then we can easy see, and decide.I think so.
Also in thread encounter an x3 vs S1 comparision, and man says, S1 cannot be compared with X3 in sq - X3 is way better. but without numbers....you understand :)

http://headmania.org/2013/10/15/fiio-x3-review/ - S1 and X3

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #13,625 of 17,481
Its not that i do not like the sound dude. We are all here and bought this product for one good reason-- listen to our favorite tracks in their best possible sound. The X3 is no cheap by any means considering that it only does one thing-- so it should deliver and do its purpose.

My Sony MDR EX510 is again a neutral sounding IEM. It works well with my SGS1, 7th Gen iPod Nano, and the Fiio X3.

But the X3's sound signature or presentation is different. Different from my PC on Asus Xonar AMP and Altec Lansing speakers, Sony Home Theater System, and those 2 portable players I have. They all share the same presentation of sound but the X3 is different. I just can't explain and it frustrates me a lot.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #13,626 of 17,481
The article didn't say anything about the X3 sounding better than the S1. I'm just a tech enthusiast and I do not have equipments to make scientific measurements and give the data you mentioned.

Anyone in here who still owns the old Galaxy S1? Install the latest 4.4.4 CM ROM and Kernel. There is no need to install the Voodoo Sound App as it was integrated to the phone's DSP manager. See for yourselves. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #13,628 of 17,481
Try this set up. Galaxy S i9000, 4.4.4 Kitkat Mackay ROM with kernel. DSP Manager WM8994 tune for music, headset amp level to 5dB, Bass boost standard, Bass boost range gain 3dB and 100% by default, DAC direct, HiFi playback, Tuned audio clock. Then install the latest version of Poweramp music player.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #13,629 of 17,481
  Anyways, have you by any chance listened to a Voodoo'd Galaxy S1?

no, i do not have S1, and not want to try to seek it on secondhands and try to buy it for comparing reasons only.
For take measurements, you not need to Einstein. You already have an soundcard in PC - i think, you can write various sources throught line-in, and then compare signal spectr and so on.
CoolEdit, as i remember is good enought for this task...?

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #13,630 of 17,481
Sad but I do not know how to do it. My intention is not to disheartened you or anyone in here about the X3. It sounds good but to think that an old phone would beat its SQ is so unacceptable. Sure Fiio can do more with it as it packs some serious hardware. 

Check this one out! Tell me how it fare compare to X3.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/565191/whats-the-best-sounding-dap-on-the-market/90

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #13,631 of 17,481
i dont know. as i didnt stressed out that the higher number is better. but i think you have an idea what this is. please check if for me. and if possible, can you share the white papers for both DAC so that we would know which one is better on paper? http://www.head-fi.org/t/565191/whats-the-best-sounding-dap-on-the-market/90

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #13,633 of 17,481
  What can you say about the link i posted? I don't know how to make an interpretation on those data.

Sorry, not smart enought for this.
To me frequency response looks pretty flat, and like the same on X3.
There is strange spikes on 1 khz on dynamic range and THD - looks like, problems in measuring time? If not, that is not good to samsung, and may explain difference in sound?

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #13,634 of 17,481
Likewise. Sure there is someone in here can read those data. Dude, if there if you can find one try it. Secondhand units will only cost you a few bucks. Scrolling is ten folds faster and better and the SQ you'll get with it trumps the X3. i wish I could sell mine. I just put it in my drawer. And its not personal preference of perception of sound. It just sounds better than the X3. So sad. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back