The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #8,521 of 17,484
Enjoying my x3 so far, only two issues I have with it

1 - File transfer is slow, very very very slow.
2 - For some reason, in category view it orders my songs oddly. I have my multi-disc albums labeled 101 201 etc for disc 1 track 1 disc 2 track 1 and it organizes them in 101 201 102 202 order. Browse files works perfectly though, so I'm using that.

Sound wise compared to my iPod classic it sounds a bit livlier, the soundstage seems much wider and the music seems to have a bit more energy and warmth about it, as well as bass being more punchy. This is with my JH11s, haven't used it much with my Amperiors Momentums or HD600s

I'd say it even sounds better than my classic -> iBasso pb2 setup... But that's from memory having sold the pb2.

For speed I usually just pop the MicroSD out and use an external reader. I got a green one off amazon for like $8 and it has been great, and accepts MicroSD natively.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #8,522 of 17,484

Here is a picture of the issue, sorry for the crap picture, it was extremely hard to take a clear picture with the glare from the sun. But if you look at the the time running on the song its 0:00, however if you look at the top you see that its in play mode it isn't paused and it just stays stuck like that.

This issue is from gapless, I never had the issue again once I turned it off.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #8,523 of 17,484
Enjoying my x3 so far, only two issues I have with it

1 - File transfer is slow, very very very slow.
2 - For some reason, in category view it orders my songs oddly. I have my multi-disc albums labeled 101 201 etc for disc 1 track 1 disc 2 track 1 and it organizes them in 101 201 102 202 order. Browse files works perfectly though, so I'm using that.

Sound wise compared to my iPod classic it sounds a bit livlier, the soundstage seems much wider and the music seems to have a bit more energy and warmth about it, as well as bass being more punchy. This is with my JH11s, haven't used it much with my Amperiors Momentums or HD600s

I'd say it even sounds better than my classic -> iBasso pb2 setup... But that's from memory having sold the pb2.

I use the µSD card reader that came with my card, very fast.

There is many problems with Category view showing files like that and showing an artists albums all in one list with the track 1's together followed by the track 2's and so on.
A bug report has been filed on the bugzilla site.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #8,525 of 17,484

For speed I usually just pop the MicroSD out and use an external reader. I got a green one off amazon for like $8 and it has been great, and accepts MicroSD natively.

I'll probably end up doing that, any good recommendations? Is it worth it to get like an actual reader for SD/Mini/Micro/MMS and all that, or just grab a USB reader?

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #8,526 of 17,484
I always swap my SD cards, the rest will be keep in it adapter. When I transfer some new albums, I insert the adapter directly to card reader slot on my notebook. I think it is very convenience for me to do files transfer in this way

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #8,527 of 17,484
  I always swap my SD cards, the rest will be keep in it adapter. When I transfer some new albums, I insert the adapter directly to card reader slot on my notebook. I think it is very convenience for me to do files transfer in this way

I actually have several micro SD card cases that I use.. you should be able to find some at your local dollar store.  Here in Manila, Saizen and CD-R King carry them for about $1 each.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #8,528 of 17,484
I actually have several micro SD card cases that I use.. you should be able to find some at your local dollar store.  Here in Manila, Saizen and CD-R King carry them for about $1 each.

Damn, mine cost $7 (but it does hold 16 cards)
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #8,531 of 17,484
:frowning2: sadly I think I'm sending my x3 back. Just a few things I'm just not able to deal with just yet one being this player must not be for people that listen to a lot of hip hop r&b and pop lil house and edm sprinkled in. Maybe in the future when the put an EQ in ill be game. Clip zip seems to be forever in my future. But may jump on the iPod classic since I can rockbox it now.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #8,532 of 17,484
I listen to Jazz, Rock, Metal, Old Prog Rock, Blues and a lot of EDM on mine. I have a few different headphones for some of the genre's though and rarely use the treble and bass settings. I guess coming from the Colorfly C3 one gets to enjoy a quality neutral output coloured by the headphones and not the player.

Sorry to hear you don't like the X3. It's an excellent little player despite the UI bugs, but I listen to albums mostly and am not jumping through screens all the time or adjusting the tonality.
:beerchug:

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #8,535 of 17,484
I've been reading through several threads on the FiiO X3 yet was hoping to be able to get a few questions answered if possible. 

I have a FiiO X3 w/Sandisk 64GB External MicroSD on the way and was wondering what is the very latest firmware (FW2.05?) for the X3 and if anyone has a link to it? I looked for firmware on FiiO's site but didn't see it...I'm sure that its my fault as I've never used their site before.

I'm assuming that the first thing to do is to install the X3's USB drivers to my Windows 7 x64 PC, then update the X3 to the latest firmware version and possibly format (FAT32) the 64GB memory card (from the player itself) correct?

I haven't seen much written on the built in HP amp/output of the X3, should it do well with headphones like the B&W P7's or would I be better off to use my FiiO E11 along with the X3? 

How do most of you carry a DAP like this without any sort of clip or way of attaching it to your clothing, simply in your pocket? I'm use to using a Sansa Clip Zip (40GB w/card), and I'm concerned that putting the player in my front pocket my damage the plug on whatever IEM or portable headphone I use. I apologize if this seems like a silly question, I'm just use to only using player that clip on to your pocket or whatever is convenient. 

Hopefully this player will be a nice step up in sound quality from my Clip Zip. I'm sorry for asking several questions and thanks so much in advance for ANY insight you may provide. 
Take care. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back