The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #6,316 of 17,484
  Are your files all tagged, and have you done an "update lib"?

i had not, haddnt noticed it or thought to seeing as it saw the files when selecting the card.  just done it now and low and behold it now plays everything.  i thank you good sir.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #6,317 of 17,484
ah but its not doing that, selecting play all only plays the onboard storage.

That's strange, mine really plays all doing this....

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #6,319 of 17,484
here is the senario

lets say I listen to a flac file song in two ways

Scenario -1: Fiio x3 not connected to anything else - only plugged into it a headphone ( outcome of quality is good )

Scenario 2: Fiio x3 connected as a dac using the otg cable to my xperia z ultra and using audio recorder pro app to listen to music, and plugged in the same headphone ( Outcome is quality is phenomenal great )

Why there is better quality in scenario 2, this is so confusing to me

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #6,320 of 17,484
Hi! My question about feature "Memory play > position"
Looks like dap can save only one - first position after dap first time turned off.
After second and more poweroff (no matter how much you next listened to this track) dap will play each time from the first time of save.
This is terrible because in my library 90% of musiс includes mixes, podcast and radioshow with time more than 1 hour.
Simple test: take track more than 1 hour.
Listen to the 20 minute and then turn off dap.
Turn on - music starts playing from 20 minute, ok. Next listen to 40 minute, turn off dap.
Turn on again - screen show that music plays from 40 minute, but in fact music plays from 20 minute.
Now no matter how much you more listen to this track, with each new turn on dap start playing from 20 minute.
Looks like mistiming that really plays with the fact that shows on the screen.
Bug in 2.05 & 1.31 fimware with many mp3`s.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #6,321 of 17,484
  here is the senario

lets say I listen to a flac file song in two ways

Scenario -1: Fiio x3 not connected to anything else - only plugged into it a headphone ( outcome of quality is good )

Scenario 2: Fiio x3 connected as a dac using the otg cable to my xperia z ultra and using audio recorder pro app to listen to music, and plugged in the same headphone ( Outcome is quality is phenomenal great )

Why there is better quality in scenario 2, this is so confusing to me

Are you carefully matching levels?
Louder sounds better as has been demonstrated often

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #6,325 of 17,484
  How's the battery life with the latest FW? Originally they stated around 10hrs but are there any improvements now? Couldn't really see much talk about it, or maybe my searching sucks!

Erm, don´t know exactly. But when I´m playing FLAC 24/96, also powering my HD-448 with the X3, the battery is still half full after 6-7 hours. The last two days I´ve experimented a bit with the digital output... boy, when the X3 doesn´t use its internal amp it runs forever. I don´t know how many albums I´ve played this evening but the battery still reports as being full.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #6,326 of 17,484
Just got mine, upgrade firmware, does this unit benefit from break in?   I only ask while sounds good, upper mids (with 24bit files) seem harsh to me  my cowon with 16bit seems more balanced.  

Are they playing the same source? Ie. did you take the 24 bit file and convert it to 16bit for the cowon yourself? If you download two versions of the same song online they may be mastered differently. Same goes for CD and SACD layers of a SACD.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #6,327 of 17,484
I have not been following the X3 threads very closely lately so am not sure if anyone has been having trouble with 2.05 but my X3 started acting strangely after updating to it.  I would get frequent freezes that required a reset and somewhere between the upgrade and plugging the player into a W8.1 PC zapped the content on the internal memory. 

I don't really care about the Chesky stuff but I rolled back to 1.31 in the meantime and everything seems to be working OK. 

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #6,328 of 17,484
How many of you guys are interested in the X5? 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back