The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2,626 of 17,484
Dsnuts in the house, the hype,s official now.
The X3 pairs well with JVC CNT series and the WS99.
Enough power for proper driver control from FX40 all the way to the SZ2000. Midrange is well represented by the Fiio.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,627 of 17,484
I read the headfonia review. Twas good enough for me to bite..Can't wait to get my paws on the X3. I figured the warmer sound signature would work well with carbon nantube sound.. I can't wait to try out my X1, S2 and CKS1000 on em.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,628 of 17,484
.. and dx210 and he-200 and ad900x :)

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2,631 of 17,484
Mp4Nation: will i get hit with duty fees if i order x3 from them? I'm in Canada. also which is the best free headphone to pick? lol.

Edit: doesn't seem like good deal. Fedex will charge taxes and standard brokerage fees of ~$22. My local dealer is getting their batch on the 24th which will be sooner than Mp4Nation anyways. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2,632 of 17,484
Quote:

If there are slave wages and toxic work environments, do you seriously think any person who runs that kind of company will tell the consumer about it? That will be very silly of him/her.

Too true, too true! Still, it doesn't hurt to ask. James has been open and honest with us, and I'd hope such qualities are indicative of his company and his business practices. We all thirst for the latest gadgets, yet it seems we seldom consider the workers who produce them. Many of them truly suffer.

~Brian

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,633 of 17,484
Quote:
Mp4Nation: will i get hit with duty fees if i order x3 from them? I'm in Canada. also which is the best free headphone to pick? lol.

Edit: doesn't seem like good deal. Fedex will charge taxes and standard brokerage fees of ~$22. My local dealer is getting their batch on the 24th which will be sooner than Mp4Nation anyways. 

Hi All:
Long time lurker, so finally decided and joined this amazing forum. I too succumbed to the desire of obtaining this ASAP and ordered from MP4Nation, now contemplating if it was a wise decision (not that buying a X3, but about the vendor). I am based in Boston, MA, will I be hit with anything more than the $190 that I paid to MP4Nation? Sorry dumb Q, I know, but this is the first time I am ordering from them. Thank you all for the wealth of information. Hope to receive the X3s ASAP and it pairs well with my Grado cans :).

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #2,634 of 17,484
You guys have nothing to worry about. No fees to worry about. Your done. Now it is just a matter of when they will actually get some to send to us. The wait is now on. Mp4nation is very reputable dealer. No worries at all. US and Canada will not be charged with customs.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #2,637 of 17,484
Quote:
Hi guys, any idea how long will this pre order offer last. Still debating whether I need another player but this looks tempting. Thanks.

For the E17 pre order, MP4Nation sold as many as ordered. This however led to some people getting their E17 really late as they had to wait for later batches of the E17 to arrive before they are sent out. There is no first come or order of shipping it seemed.

HOWEVER, this became a huge issue and outcry happened. Last I remembered, MP4Nation apologized and had some reworkings with their system. I hope that they hold pre-orders until they run out of their initial virtual stock they will be receiving.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #2,638 of 17,484
Quote:
You guys have nothing to worry about. No fees to worry about. Your done. Now it is just a matter of when they will actually get some to send to us. The wait is now on. Mp4nation is very reputable dealer. No worries at all. US and Canada will not be charged with customs.

They do get charged because you're using FedEx. Fedex has handling fees guranteed and you get hit with customs.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2,639 of 17,484
For the E17 pre order, MP4Nation sold as many as ordered. This however led to some people getting their E17 really late as they had to wait for later batches of the E17 to arrive before they are sent out. There is no first come or order of shipping it seemed.

HOWEVER, this became a huge issue and outcry happened. Last I remembered, MP4Nation apologized and had some reworkings with their system. I hope that they hold pre-orders until they run out of their initial virtual stock they will be receiving.

Hi bowei006, thanks for the info. I guess it will be the same as before as there's no mention of cut off date on their website.

Still debating whether to pick up another player as I have the clip zip and Rocco BA. What would be the differences can one expect with the X3 compared to these 2 players I have since they are using different sound chip. My experience with wolfson are the iPhone 3GS and E7 which I feel have a warm sound sig and would appreciate some thoughts here.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,640 of 17,484
Quote:
Hi bowei006, thanks for the info. I guess it will be the same as before as there's no mention of cut off date on their website.

Still debating whether to pick up another player as I have the clip zip and Rocco BA. What would be the differences can one expect with the X3 compared to these 2 players I have since they are using different sound chip. My experience with wolfson are the iPhone 3GS and E7 which I feel have a warm sound sig and would appreciate some thoughts here.

Thanks in advance.

Yep, think E7 warm universal sound but as a small DAP with coaxial out and line out features.

The UI is not as good as iPhone,s but its similar to a Clips. No idea about the Rocoo though.

CLEIOS's review is in the title if you wish to know more. I have How To Use videos on youtube if you want to see it in action

Users who are viewing this thread

Back