The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,596 of 17,484
Quote:

X3 did use mechanical buttons,  

but the buttons are not directly connect to the key buttons.  it can make you feel more soft and smooth. most cell phone used such design.

I guess the folks that demanded particular Op Amps in FiiO DAPs can start flaming about what color of Cherry switches should be used in the X3 
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,597 of 17,484
Quote:
I guess the folks that demanded particular Op Amps in FiiO DAPs can start flaming about what color of Cherry switches should be used in the X3 
biggrin.gif

Frankly, as long as they "can make you feel more soft and smooth", I'll be a happy bunny, regardless of the switch colour! 
size]

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2,598 of 17,484
Quote:

MP4Nation just got one sample , sorry to everyone who waiting for our X3,  we plan to start the production in next week but it take time to fulfill so many order from our agents.  

Yes, I just got an X3 pre-order for $200 email from mp4nation:

FIiO's new digital audio player will be in stock between the end of this month and middle of August, during the FiiO X3 preorder buyers will get a free pair of Brainwavz M5 or R1 Earphones of their choice!

So tempting!

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #2,599 of 17,484
Jul 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2,600 of 17,484
Things will gather momentum. It really won't be long now. At least we all know this is a real product that actually exists in the marketplace.

Looking at August, it does make me pause for thought and consider that I hadn't expected the X3 and X5 releases to be as close to each other.

That is, of course, assuming that the X5 will actually make it into the marketplace before the end of 2013. Personally, I'm not so sure that it will.

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2,601 of 17,484
Quote:

Quote:

MP4Nation just got one sample , sorry to everyone who waiting for our X3,  we plan to start the production in next week but it take time to fulfill so many order from our agents.  

Yes, I just got an X3 pre-order for $200 email from mp4nation:

FIiO's new digital audio player will be in stock between the end of this month and middle of August, during the FiiO X3 preorder buyers will get a free pair of Brainwavz M5 or R1 Earphones of their choice!

So tempting!

Jumped in, the free earphones sealed it. Although I have both earphones already, my daughter will enjoy them or I will resell on Amazon.
MP4Nation are good sellers, bought from them before, their shipping is fast.

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #2,602 of 17,484
Thanks for the heads-up, Panda.  I preordered from MP4Nation since my iPod is really on its last leg and the R1 will make a nice gift for a friend.  BTW there is a %5 code still active when you order there: fb2012fiver

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,603 of 17,484
ok since some people say it's sq is better than the clip +, I pulled the trigger and preordered from there.  I also couldn't resist the free headphones/shipping and discount, damn you tehol! 
I hope it really is better than a rockboxed clip.  There goes more of my money x_x

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #2,604 of 17,484
Quote:
ok since some people say it's sq is better than the clip +, I pulled the trigger and preordered from there.  I also couldn't resist the free headphones/shipping and discount, damn you tehol! 
I hope it really is better than a rockboxed clip.  There goes more of my money x_x

Who says it isn't better than a Clip+? Every comparison review that I've read, gives the upper hand to the X3 without question. I'd hope the SQ is quite a bit better than a Clip+ because I wasn't impressed with it. I guess it is ok for 30$, but a waste for me. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2,605 of 17,484
Quote:

Who says it isn't better than a Clip+? Every comparison review that I've read, gives the upper hand to the X3 without question. I'd hope the SQ is quite a bit better than a Clip+ because I wasn't impressed with it. I guess it is ok for 30$, but a waste for me. 

thanks dawg, you just made me feel better about my heat-of-the-moment purchase
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #2,606 of 17,484
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up, Panda.  I preordered from MP4Nation since my iPod is really on its last leg and the R1 will make a nice gift for a friend.  BTW there is a %5 code still active when you order there: fb2012fiver

Damn you and your coupon... that was the push that I needed to topple me over the edge. $190US for the X3, plus the Brainwavz M5 (whatever that is lol) thrown in as a gift - to good to pass up!

I am feeling a bit reticent about the purchase though because I am quite happy with the SQ out of my clip zip (rockboxed) and C&C BH combo. Hopefully someone at some point will compare the X3 to that combo and tell me that the X3's SQ is at least somewhat superior.

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #2,607 of 17,484
That almost had me, but my rational side stopped the purchase.

I can wait for the wide range of reviews and pay $10 more to be sure I want it.

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2,608 of 17,484

It seems they are taking pre orders.

X3 did use mechanical buttons,  

but the buttons are not directly connect to the key buttons.  it can make you feel more soft and smooth. most cell phone used such design.

They are physical buttons, but are they mechanical switches. Mechanical switches are large, expensive and feel very different.

Either way, it makes no difference. Its not like I will be typing messages on the X3 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back