The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,641 of 17,484
Quote:
They do get charged because you're using FedEx. Fedex has handling fees guranteed and you get hit with customs.

I hope that you are serious7ly wrong! Do you think it would make sense to contact FedEx to verify?

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #2,642 of 17,484
Yep, think E7 warm universal sound but as a small DAP with coaxial out and line out features.

The UI is not as good as iPhone,s but its similar to a Clips. No idea about the Rocoo though.

CLEIOS's review is in the title if you wish to know more. I have How To Use videos on youtube if you want to see it in action

Thanks for the thoughts bowei006.

UI is a non issue for me as I don't meddle much with players except putting them on shuffle most of the time. I can gather that the sound is a step up from the E7 based on CLEIO's review and I did enjoy the E7 sound sig. Looks like the X3 might me one that I will enjoy and will have a decision to make. So, thanks again and will do a little more reading before that.

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #2,645 of 17,484
Quote:

Damn you and your coupon... that was the push that I needed to topple me over the edge. $190US for the X3, plus the Brainwavz M5 (whatever that is lol) thrown in as a gift - to good to pass up!

I am feeling a bit reticent about the purchase though because I am quite happy with the SQ out of my clip zip (rockboxed) and C&C BH combo. Hopefully someone at some point will compare the X3 to that combo and tell me that the X3's SQ is at least somewhat superior.

Had to be done.   At least one of my H-200 brethren will have the same setup.
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #2,646 of 17,484
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up, Panda.  I preordered from MP4Nation since my iPod is really on its last leg and the R1 will make a nice gift for a friend.  BTW there is a %5 code still active when you order there: fb2012fiver

DAMMIT! I just saw the coupon code after I ordered. 
size]
 Ah well, what's another 10 bucks...

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #2,649 of 17,484
About MP4 Nation & Fedex customs: If you are in the US you will most likely not be charged any tax, if you are in Canada you may be charged tax, if you are then Fedex will add onto the tax their handling fee (about CAD$10 extra). Other countries you may or may not be charged, you should contact your local fedex or customs office, or better yet ask any friends/family who may have experience with purchasing abroad and using fedex if they got taxed.

About MP4 Nation & X3 preorders: We will only sell how many we can order, when we will get the stock depends on FiiO own production of the X3, hopefully we get them sooner than later and please be understanding if there are delays caused by this for the final delivery. Should we sell the amount of units we have requested during the preorder then we will close the preorder sale.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,650 of 17,484
Quote:
1 Not the best specifications but very respectable.
2 User interface is a bit slow and fiddly.
3 A shame there is no Optical/USB DAC functionality

The slow part is really annoying, did they fix it or?

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #2,653 of 17,484
Quote:

No, that's the usual scam on ebay low prices with high shipping fee, if you look around there are a lot of listing with random item with similar pattern. Dunno how the scammer profited from this but I guess they're counting on people forgetting to ask for refund after months of waiting for non-existent shipment.

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #2,654 of 17,484
Quote:
No, that's the usual scam on ebay low prices with high shipping fee, if you look around there are a lot of listing with random item with similar pattern. Dunno how the scammer profited from this but I guess they're counting on people forgetting to ask for refund after months of waiting for non-existent shipment.

This seller has sold 10 units of this!

Even you add up the item & shipping cost, the total is only $80 which is still very much less than the MRSP $199.
Are they stolen goods?
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,655 of 17,484
Quote:
This seller has sold 10 units of this!

Even you add up the item & shipping cost, the total is only $80 which is still very much less than the MRSP $199.
Are they stolen goods?
confused_face_2.gif

Scam: You'll never get the goods. If you see the history of the sold goods, it's only been a few days since he start selling it and most people expect at least 2 weeks to a month or more for the item to arrive (heck, ebay only allow you to open a case 45 days after payment). Hence you will not see any feedback about the goods yet, or that's what the scammer want you to believe.

But go on and buy them if you want to experiment, but don't say that I didn't warn you later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back