The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2,671 of 17,484
Quote:
AAARRRGH!!!!!!!!!  It NEVER fails!  As soon as I pop for something I have been wanting to get for a long time, some stupid financial disaster slaps me upside the head! 
mad.gif

I gotta cancel my pre-order...which should free up one of the X3's for somebody.
frown.gif
 NUTS!!

-HK sends

OT
I'm really sorry for you, I wish you good luck bro!

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #2,672 of 17,484
Quote:
AAARRRGH!!!!!!!!!  It NEVER fails!  As soon as I pop for something I have been wanting to get for a long time, some stupid financial disaster slaps me upside the head! 
mad.gif

I gotta cancel my pre-order...which should free up one of the X3's for somebody.
frown.gif
 NUTS!!

-HK sends

Hi, HK_sends -

I know the feeling! Sorry for your difficulties. Perhaps you'll now have the chance to save for an even better option, such as the X5. :)

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,673 of 17,484
Quote:

OT
I'm really sorry for you, I wish you good luck bro!

Thanks, I need it!
redface.gif

Quote:

Hi, HK_sends -

I know the feeling! Sorry for your difficulties. Perhaps you'll now have the chance to save for an even better option, such as the X5. :)

It may take that long.  I'll see what things look like when I'm out of the hole.

Cheers and Thanks Everyone!
-HK sends

PS - I'll be watching to see how everyone likes their X3 (and how the firmware develops)...

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,675 of 17,484
I don't know what you mean by so buggy.... 

I've had my x3 for weeks now. While its not as polished as my Cowon x5 (with rockbox) was its dam fine for my needs. 
I use the x3 daily now...
Many people not happy about the price, let me tell you I am happy ! James and fiio deserve my 200 ish USD.

I do hope they keep working at the f/w  and making it better , fixing some small bugs.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2,676 of 17,484
Quote:
hmm many are not happy after paying over 200$ for this DAP, no i am thinking of going DX50..... Fiio is filled with bugs that will make me throw it to the ground.... i mean seriously Fiio people are paying a lot here... test the damn DAP before selling it to people other than updating it 2-3 times where they are still suffering from the bugs,,, at least sansa clip+ didnt fail on that...

will wait 1-2 months and i really hope the X3 became bugless so i can buy it

There's only been a handful of reported "bugs". Every DAP goes through growing pains...

"i mean seriously Fiio, people are paying a lot here" - Not really... the X3 is really cheap for its capabilities (haven't heard it yet so will hold off on SQ judgement). You can't even buy a new iPod for $200. Also, I'm not sure why some think the Clip+ is some benchmark for what every company should be striving towards. To the enthusiast, it sounds horrible and in stock form is not functional and has really low capacity. You have to install a aftermarket firmware/software for it to even give you basic features. 

To me, it seems like customers are getting a lot for $200 with the X3. You have to compromise, with all DAPs. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,677 of 17,484
Quote:
hmm many are not happy after paying over 200$ for this DAP, no i am thinking of going DX50..... Fiio is filled with bugs that will make me throw it to the ground.... i mean seriously Fiio people are paying a lot here... test the damn DAP before selling it to people other than updating it 2-3 times where they are still suffering from the bugs,,, at least sansa clip+ didnt fail on that...

I believe X5 would be the perfect DAP if you can wait for a longer time. 
biggrin.gif

James (Fiio) and his team must be working very hard to get rid all the bugs in X3. Let's be patient!

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #2,678 of 17,484
Quote:

There's only been a handful of reported "bugs". Every DAP goes through growing pains...

"i mean seriously Fiio, people are paying a lot here" - Not really... the X3 is really cheap for its capabilities (haven't heard it yet so will hold off on SQ judgement). You can't even buy a new iPod for $200. Also, I'm not sure why some think the Clip+ is some benchmark for what every company should be striving towards. To the enthusiast, it sounds horrible and in stock form is not functional and has really low capacity. You have to install a aftermarket firmware/software for it to even give you basic features. 

To me, it seems like customers are getting a lot for $200 with the X3. You have to compromise, with all DAPs. 

I would have to respectfully disagree with that assertion. It's a blanket statement without justification. My opinion aside, it broadly stereotypes a group, and "horrible" seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

Personally, I hope that the X3 and X5 blow it out of the water because the products have a great price and it would be reason enough to pick one up. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,679 of 17,484
Quote:

I would have to respectfully disagree with that assertion. It's a blanket statement without justification. My opinion aside, it broadly stereotypes a group, and "horrible" seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

Personally, I hope that the X3 and X5 blow it out of the water because the products have a great price and it would be reason enough to pick one up. 

What have you compared the Clip+ to? What earphones/headphones? Actually, the Clip+ can't power much, so really what IEMs were you testing with? As I said, that is in my opinion. I respect your opinion, but if you have heard some of the high offerings you might feel different. Oh, and maybe I should have used heavy enthusiast? Or audiophile?

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2,680 of 17,484
Demoed the X3 today at EMEX Manila. I had my clip+ and merlin
- I found the X3 well built. It does not feel as sturdy as others dac/amp from fiio because of the extensive use of plastic but better than clip+ for sure
- as expected the controls were a bit messy. Due to the distance between the back and enter buttons navigation felt more natural with 2 thumbs. Thats a shame. UI was snappy with my 32go microsd. Screen is large and of good quality
- as far as sound quality is concerned it was a noticeable improvement from the clip. Sound was loud at 50pc volume and very punchy. I assume this dap will be able to drive medium impendance cans. They was a lot of noise around me so that's all I can say
- the firmware must have been old since there was no gapless and it was impossible to change the volume while browsing files

I would have bought one if they had stock.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2,681 of 17,484
Quote:

Actually, there were plenty of bugs with the Clip+ in the beginning.....especially their claim of gapless play which wasn't the case at all.

And given how many bugs there were in the DX100 in the beginning, I don't get why you think the DX50 would be better than the X3. 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2,682 of 17,484
What have you compared the Clip+ to? What earphones/headphones? Actually, the Clip+ can't power much, so really what IEMs were you testing with? As I said, that is in my opinion. I respect your opinion, but if you have heard some of the high offerings you might feel different. Oh, and maybe I should have used heavy enthusiast? Or audiophile?

I never made an attempt to compare the SQ of the clip+ to anything. Nor at anytime did I use personal opinion or experience.

My post was to point out the fallacious nature of an exaggerated statement. I claimed nothing.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #2,683 of 17,484
i will buy the DAP in September, so i use it in the collage. i am on the PC most of the time, thats why i am not into DAPs that much.  hope Fiio X3 improve in the next two months cause i want it so badly XD if the price of the DX50 was nice maybe i will go for that one. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,684 of 17,484
Quote:
I never made an attempt to compare the SQ of the clip+ to anything. Nor at anytime did I use personal opinion or experience.

My post was to point out the fallacious nature of an exaggerated statement. I claimed nothing.

You claimed that my statement was blanket... of course you were claiming something...

If you haven't attempted to compare SQ with the Clip+ than how can you say it doesn't sound "horrible"? 

Like I said, my justification is my own ears, experience and comparisons with products that I have heard. What I said in the quoted post, was my opinion. So you shot it down, claiming I made generalizations and exaggerations, so my natural reaction would be to ask you what you have heard? 

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #2,685 of 17,484
Quote:

I don't think you've actually listened to the Clip+.

Also, in stock form it has plenty of function, and the 8gb Clip+ carries as much storage as the X3..and it has expandable memory...like the X3.

When you can tell me how the Clip+ lacks compared to higher priced DAPs, I'll give more credence to your statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back