The Drinking Fountain - Full-Size Headphone Discussion
Mar 13, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #481 of 543
Interesting. I'd think the CMA 12 would be pretty solid - the 15 was quite good.*shrug* Vioelectric makes good stuff though, not a bad option at all. Never heard of the Serenade, but the 600 and 1000 look cool
I like the CMA Twelve Master better than the 15. It's quite good. Synergy was a little meh with the Liric.

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #482 of 543
This aligns with my experience with the OG Liric too. Lower mids are a bit recessed leading to slightly cold/thin sound at times. I enjoyed them for a couple of months but then found there was an emotional component to the sound that was lacking and it started to get a bit distracting. Excited to try the Liric 2 was sounds like the mids will be more balanced.
That's it.. I didn't feel a connection to the music that was playing... I listened to a few hours worth of songs I really like.

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #483 of 543
I am interested in almost every so called TOTL headphones of well known brands. They are way too expensive for me at the moment but never say never haha!

BUT for me the most sexy, classic but so fine looking headphones are the custom styled ZMF Atrium open. I really want to order one of them one day.

I use to like headphones that have a little bite for guitar heavy rock and metal. I think my HE1000v2 got it and even better the stealth version i listened to. Do you think the Atriums are too soft sounding?
I don't find the Atrium (Open or Closed) to be too soft for metal.

However, maybe take a look at the Verite or Caldera if your library is mostly metal.

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #484 of 543
Cancelled my preorder. Seems like the Liric 2 has too much sibilance, that's kind of a deal breaker for me. That, and I can't decide if it looks cool or is really ugly. Leaning towards ugly. Doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade over the LIRIC 1 I have for twice the price.
Heard them in Canjam and didn’t like them tbh. New age IEMs at that price range stomp all over it if portability and comfort is the reason to get it.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #485 of 543
Heard them in Canjam and didn’t like them tbh. New age IEMs at that price range stomp all over it if portability and comfort is the reason to get it.
Although the Liric don't force you to stick things in your ear, so that's a perk

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #486 of 543
Although the Liric don't force you to stick things in your ear, so that's a perk
If one doesn’t like IEM that’s another thing…from SQ perspective I was hoping better.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #487 of 543
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #488 of 543
Totally fair
I see you have Creative Aurvana Ace 2, I got an opportunity to try it in Canjam and what better place to test out noise cancellation. I thought for the price it is a good TWS. AirPods Pro is still better for iPhone user but for non iPhone user it is an excellent product.

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #489 of 543
I see you have Creative Aurvana Ace 2, I got an opportunity to try it in Canjam and what better place to test out noise cancellation. I thought for the price it is a good TWS. AirPods Pro is still better for iPhone user but for non iPhone user it is an excellent product.
It's really good. Actually one of my favorite tws ear buds. Great for working out and they finally fixed the Google Pixel connection issue. Brilliant for their price.

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #490 of 543
I have one of the first sets of the Cayin iDAC-8 and iHA-8 on the way, I'll post a review once I get the chance. I also have an ERCO 2 and a Schiit Magnius+ on the way to test. For headphones, I have the Philphone, Beyer T5, HarmonicDyne Zeus Elite, Solitaire P, JMA XTC2, Sennheiser HD 800S, a new DCA E3, and Modhouse Argon Mk3 in. I just posted reviews of the Solitaire T and Kennerton Rognir as well for anyone who cares. Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

https://bytes-bull.com/2024/03/22/ta-solitaire-t/
https://bytes-bull.com/2024/03/22/kennerton-rognir-karelian-birch-blue/

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #491 of 543
I've been wanting to get the Erco Gen 2 upgrade. It's actually free for me since I bought my Erco last July. I reached out to Ferrum support, who directed me to their US distributor, who responded to my initial ticket with some questions, but have been silent for a week since I responded to them. That's rather unfortunate. I'll need to poke them again to hopefully get the process moving along.

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #492 of 543
I am interested in almost every so called TOTL headphones of well known brands. They are way too expensive for me at the moment but never say never haha!

BUT for me the most sexy, classic but so fine looking headphones are the custom styled ZMF Atrium open. I really want to order one of them one day.

I use to like headphones that have a little bite for guitar heavy rock and metal. I think my HE1000v2 got it and even better the stealth version i listened to. Do you think the Atriums are too soft sounding?
I wouldn't say the Atrium is too soft for metal, especially if you get the Caldera Ultra Perf pads with them, that gives them a bit extra bite. Overall the sound signature is great for harsh music IMO.

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #493 of 543
I wouldn't say the Atrium is too soft for metal, especially if you get the Caldera Ultra Perf pads with them, that gives them a bit extra bite. Overall the sound signature is great for harsh music IMO.

+ 1, I mainly listen to rock and metal, and my main headphone is the Atrium. Once you've dialed them in with the right pads and matched them with a decent amp, they really shine with metal music.

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #494 of 543
I've been wanting to get the Erco Gen 2 upgrade. It's actually free for me since I bought my Erco last July. I reached out to Ferrum support, who directed me to their US distributor, who responded to my initial ticket with some questions, but have been silent for a week since I responded to them. That's rather unfortunate. I'll need to poke them again to hopefully get the process moving along.
Oof, that's rough. Sorry to hear that!

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #495 of 543
This combination is blowing my mind with the Susvara - $230 amp and a DAC that's surprisingly cheap these days.

Attachments

• 17111474295264939282797775456317.jpg
    17111474295264939282797775456317.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back