The Drinking Fountain - Full-Size Headphone Discussion
Apr 10, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #526 of 546
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #527 of 546
Sash Tres SE is almost done.
IMG-20240415-WA0000.jpg

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #528 of 546
Apr 17, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #529 of 546
Nice to see a similar group like Watercooler for headphones. Been searching for a long time and ended up starting another yesterday only.

- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ize-headphones-and-related-gears-only.972493/

Nothing bad to have another thread likewise. Interested people can join there too as I'm joining here now. Thanks and peace.
Why two threads, if they are doing the same thing? Why not just add to this one instead of starting a new one?
Genuine question, as I might be overlooking some kind of difference?

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #530 of 546
Why two threads, if they are doing the same thing? Why not just add to this one instead of starting a new one?
Genuine question, as I might be overlooking some kind of difference?
See I've never seen this thread to be in the front page as I am unaware of its existence. I came to know only someone shared the link in the thread I've created. As I don't intend to start it to close the thread, why can't we have another? The portable audio has more than one successfully running thread. I see no reason for not co-existing as well

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #532 of 546
See I've never seen this thread to be in the front page as I am unaware of its existence. I came to know only someone shared the link in the thread I've created. As I don't intend to start it to close the thread, why can't we have another? The portable audio has more than one successfully running thread. I see no reason for not co-existing as well
You do you boo. Couldn't care less

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #533 of 546
It makes sense that you made the thread if you did not know about this one :)
And no need to close your own, I'm just not sure if I personally would participate in two thread so similar. But that's just me 😊

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #534 of 546
You do you boo. Couldn't care less
See, not here to compete..!!
Nice to see a similar group like Watercooler for headphones. Been searching for a long time and ended up starting another yesterday only.

- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ize-headphones-and-related-gears-only.972493/

Nothing bad to have another thread likewise. Interested people can join there too as I'm joining here now. Thanks and peace.
Otherwise wouldn't posted this here. Thanks for the warm welcome though :v:

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #535 of 546
See, not here to compete..!!

Otherwise wouldn't posted this here. Thanks for the warm welcome though :v:
I'm not sure how you would be competing. This is an audio forum. There's no competition except among audio gear.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #536 of 546
I'm not sure how you would be competing. This is an audio forum. There's no competition except among audio gear.
Yes. That should be the case only

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #537 of 546
Speaking of which, I just got the Schiit Ragnarok 2 Fully Loaded in. It's the most ridiculous piece of gear I've probably ever had on my desk. I think it's 25 lbs and like 4 times the size of the Ferrum stack. It also puts out 25W of power, which is the definition of ridiculous, but less so when you consider that it can also drive mid-size passive speakers. The sound is good with the fully loaded package and if it wasn't so ridiculously heavy and huge it would make for a good AIO. Oh, and the sound cuts out when you adjust the volume - that's a little annoying as well. Still, if that sounds like what you're looking for, they are ~$500 off right now from Schiit.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #538 of 546
After some fits and starts, I should be receiving my Ferrum Erco Gen 2 tomorrow. I had actually received it on Thursday, but shortly after I got it, the Ferrum distributor called me and said that they had made a mistake when upgrading my unit. Some bolt wasn't installed which would be bad for the unit over the long run. So they gave me a shipping label to send it back and now it's on its way back to me. Pretty fast turnaround, but a bit annoying that it happened.

This is just the most recent episode in the saga of getting my Erco upgraded. I had contacted the distributor in mid-March and they had replied that they would be able to upgrade my unit after getting some info from me. I gave them the info, but then didn't hear back from them for over 3 weeks. Multiple reminder emails went unanswered. So last week, I visited the dealer where I purchased the Erco. He reached out to the distributor saying, "I have a customer who hasn't heard from you in 3 weeks, what's going on?" Later that day, a manager at the distributor called the dealer and the dealer basically told him, "If you treat my customers like this, I don't want to do business with you!" So at like 10:30 PM that night, the CTO or whatever of the distributor finally replied to me with instructions on how to send in my Erco. Once I sent in the Erco for upgrade, things went quickly, mistake aside.

Moral of the story is: find a dealer who will stand up for you when issues occur.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #539 of 546
After some fits and starts, I should be receiving my Ferrum Erco Gen 2 tomorrow. I had actually received it on Thursday, but shortly after I got it, the Ferrum distributor called me and said that they had made a mistake when upgrading my unit. Some bolt wasn't installed which would be bad for the unit over the long run. So they gave me a shipping label to send it back and now it's on its way back to me. Pretty fast turnaround, but a bit annoying that it happened.

This is just the most recent episode in the saga of getting my Erco upgraded. I had contacted the distributor in mid-March and they had replied that they would be able to upgrade my unit after getting some info from me. I gave them the info, but then didn't hear back from them for over 3 weeks. Multiple reminder emails went unanswered. So last week, I visited the dealer where I purchased the Erco. He reached out to the distributor saying, "I have a customer who hasn't heard from you in 3 weeks, what's going on?" Later that day, a manager at the distributor called the dealer and the dealer basically told him, "If you treat my customers like this, I don't want to do business with you!" So at like 10:30 PM that night, the CTO or whatever of the distributor finally replied to me with instructions on how to send in my Erco. Once I sent in the Erco for upgrade, things went quickly, mistake aside.

Moral of the story is: find a dealer who will stand up for you when issues occur.
Dang, mine was flawless. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #540 of 546
Dang, mine was flawless. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Was yours upgraded from Gen 1, or did you get a Gen 2 from the get-go? Mine was the Gen 1 being upgraded to the Gen 2, so I can see more opportunity for mistakes since it involves partial disassembly and replacing of components. Apparently the distributor was upgrading a batch of 40 Ercos and when they went back through the checklists they found that one of them was missing the part, and mine was the unlucky one. At least they caught the issue and contacted me to make it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back