The discovery thread!
Jul 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #12,091 of 100,720
I wonder how the new Razer Hammerhead will sound http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-hammerhead/  It's funny how much time they've spent explaining about tips and isolation though. I still remember their first iem the Razer Moray, which was pretty bad but it was some years ago, so they might have improved on that front.

Most reviews I've read(surprisingly plentiful seeing as how they have just been released) seem to say the same thing. Bass heavy, good overall sound, but there are others who perform just as well(if not better) for a cheaper price.

Also that the "pro" version with a mic makes them slightly veiled/muffled.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #12,093 of 100,720
You have done well so far my friend. It's when you start thinking about spending $500 or more on an iem that you need to start getting worried lol (fortunately I am not there.. yet..).

To be honest, I did went for a higher end iem which is the SE535 that I absolutely love. It have been with me for more than 2 years now and I have not gotten over it yet. But, this thread opens my mind to various other phones with different sound sig and makes the diminishing return quotes more apparent.

ODAC, BH2(leader of the pack) and e07k for me but I do love swapping them around just to see what results I get.

I also have the BH2 and it certainly works very well with all the iems/headphones I have. Can't really say that it's the leader of the pack since I have haven't any other than the E7 and E9 but it's the leader of the pack to what I own now. Cheers.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #12,094 of 100,720
Quote:
To be honest, I did went for a higher end iem which is the SE535 that I absolutely love. It have been with me for more than 2 years now and I have not gotten over it yet. But, this thread opens my mind to various other phones with different sound sig and makes the diminishing return quotes more apparent.

Yes, best not to go experimenting with $500 iems to try out different signatures! At least experimenting with budget-fi iems these days can also equate to very good SQ :)

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #12,095 of 100,720
Quote:
I also have the BH2 and it certainly works very well with all the iems/headphones I have. Can't really say that it's the leader of the pack since I have haven't any other than the E7 and E9 but it's the leader of the pack to what I own now. Cheers.

I mean it's the leader of my pack. 
etysmile.gif
 Even though I have the ODAC, I find the BH to be much better suited to my taste. I might change my mind when I go audition the C5s this weekend but until then, it's my go-to amp.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #12,096 of 100,720
Yes, best not to go experimenting with $500 iems to try out different signatures! At least experimenting with budget-fi iems these days can also equate to very good SQ :)

Agreed. Having a great time with my phones now and it's a treat getting to hear the same tunes presented in different ways.

etysmile.gif

Even though I have the ODAC, I find the BH to be much better suited to my taste. I might change my mind when I go audition the C5s this weekend but until then, it's my go-to amp.

Good to know that the BH2 have the the quality to stand beside the ODAC thou I have not heard it before. C5 sounds like another good amp based on the reviews and feedback on the C5 thread. Guess a lot of comparison will be on its way here.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #12,097 of 100,720
etysmile.gif

That makes two of us having the same pack leaders with our respective gears and there might be a lot more like us. Cheers.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #12,098 of 100,720
I think it's about time for end game gear and just order the lcd3.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #12,100 of 100,720
Hate to break it to ya' Teke, but there is no such thing as end game cuz it's all just relative. :triportsad:

Oh but there is my friend. Got to audition a friends lcd3. I don't think it could get much better.... Actually I know it can't.

I think I've been through enough gear to think there is.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #12,102 of 100,720
Jul 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #12,103 of 100,720
Got the H200 in today.. I still like the re400's more but I need more time with the 200's.. Maybe they'll grow on me.. Definitely the best packaging I've ever seen though.. I thought the 1k's had amazing packaging.. This coupled with the accessories is definitely a high end presentation.. Bass is a punchier mids are more recessed and highs are a little more sharp compared to the 400s.. The sound stage is wider.. They aren't sibilant though and while Inks had driver flex with this exact pair it only showed up the first time I inserted them with tips too big.. Since the tip change there's been no flex at all and a very very comfortable fit

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #12,104 of 100,720
I don't think I was ever getting a perfect seal with the stock tips on the re400 because I just put the grey h200 tips on them and that's an experience I wasn't expecting on having.. It's such a perfect sound and now it's been taken to another level.. The bass became more present and the entire sound more coherent..I really don't think the h200's are going to end up above the 400's for me.. So they'll probably be for sale if that doesn't change in the next few days.. I'm not sure why no one else would say the 400's are clearly a better sound when compared directly.. The 200's are very nice it's just the 400's are so smooth and detailed with the perfect amount of sub/mid bass

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #12,105 of 100,720
Quote:
I don't think I was ever getting a perfect seal with the stock tips on the re400 because I just put the grey h200 tips on them and that's an experience I wasn't expecting on having.. It's such a perfect sound and now it's been taken to another level.. The bass became more present and the entire sound more coherent..I really don't think the h200's are going to end up above the 400's for me.. So they'll probably be for sale if that doesn't change in the next few days.. I'm not sure why no one else would say the 400's are clearly a better sound when compared directly.. The 200's are very nice it's just the 400's are so smooth and detailed with the perfect amount of sub/mid bass

I don't own the H200's , but the RE400's are just perfect for me. Just lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back