The discovery thread!
Jun 23, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #11,176 of 100,498
Ehh, I've sort of outgrown the S500s and S400s unfortunately. The CKN70s are just WAY too good, I can't stop listening to them.

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #11,178 of 100,498
Hello, I'm a big fan of the Sony Mh1c and planning to replace it anytime soon. My budget is around $100-$120. I want an iem in which the SQ would really justify the $80-$100 difference from my Mh1c. I mostly listen to pop, rnb and rock. 

On my mind Im planning to replace it with xb90ex. Any other recommendations for me? TIA

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #11,179 of 100,498
Quote:
Hello, I'm a big fan of the Sony Mh1c and planning to replace it anytime soon. My budget is around $100-$120. I want an iem in which the SQ would really justify the $80-$100 difference from my Mh1c. I mostly listen to pop, rnb and rock. 

On my mind Im planning to replace it with xb90ex. Any other recommendations for me? TIA

Zero Audio DX210 Carbo Basso.

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #11,180 of 100,498
Jun 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #11,181 of 100,498
Quote:

+2. Excellent SQ. And they only cost $65 when shipped from amazon japan using tenso forwarding, so you will have money to spare!

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #11,182 of 100,498
So I get sf's Core cools in and I have to say I think we have a tweeking talent you guys don't know about yet. His core cools actually sound very nice. I have to admit I was somewhat skeptical of them coors lights but they ended up sounding every bit as good if not better than most bass phones I have heard.

The funny thing is for some odd reason when I got them they sounded really bad like there was a veil on the entire sound. It turns out you have to leave them playing for a few tunes for them to start sounding proper. Now I have no idea why that is but the sound difference from fist to the fifth are opposites..Just to check to see if I didn't have any flashback to college days I listen to the same track about 10 tunes in later and the sound was a complete turn around..

He ended up making the sound very similar to the MH1C and XB90EX. Like a person child of both and a little bit of the FXZ200 in there too..Now for guys that don't want bass in their music you can stop reading about these but the way sf tuned them they sound way better than they do on stock form..These have some of the strongest bass I have ever heard in any in ears.. We are talking 12 plus dbs of eye ball shaking subs here..Somehow sfs tape tune manages to tame that big bass into something that is listenable and smooth... For the guys that own these.. You guys need to PM sf and have him explain how to do the mod..It does make a big difference.. With the mod they are certainly worth their money and thensome.. Props to sf for tweeking them Cores.. Now you gotta get a bunch o cheaper versions and throw in the sf mod to call them something else.

Could we be seeing the rise of a professional tweeker? Could be.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #11,183 of 100,498
^ "Professional Troll Master Tweeker".. I like it!

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #11,184 of 100,498
so I have a question to guys who have XB90EX and fiio e17. I'm gonna get the x3 as soon as it's out and I'd like to know how it pairs up with xb90ex. I think it should be better than:
1. sansa clip + + fiio e6
2. sansa clip +
3. sony xperia sola
4. desktop pc soundcard (which is quite good, but I feel it lacks something)

so, will I feel any substantial difference in xb90ex or should I think about getting other iems as well? :D

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #11,185 of 100,498
I don't think you have heard the XB90EX to their full potential with what your using now. The X3 should bring out some more from your XB90EX but with that being said. It is always nice to get a different sounding in ears.. I think something like a E12 will make more of a difference than the X3 by itself would but then again who knows. The X3 might jive really well with the XB90..

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #11,187 of 100,498
Quote:
I don't think you have heard the XB90EX to their full potential with what your using now. The X3 should bring out some more from your XB90EX but with that being said. It is always nice to get a different sounding in ears.. I think something like a E12 will make more of a difference than the X3 by itself would but then again who knows. The X3 might jive really well with the XB90..

yeah I know that getting something different would also be good, but I'm very used to it. plus I'm a poor student and as crazy as I am, I can't justify (or even if I could, I wouldn't be able to )paying for other iems until this one isn't broken. yeah, yeah, I'm not a real headfier and lack resolve for this mania bla-bla, but still :D

My future plans are something like this:

1 - get a good DAP (that would be X3)
2 - save up some more and get a higher end set of iems (I'm thinking about those new dual balanced armature zero audios, doppio or whatever they're called)
3 - maybe save up some more and get something like a fiio e12

should be ok as long as iems go...

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #11,188 of 100,498
Quote:

+2. Excellent SQ. And they only cost $65 when shipped from amazon japan using tenso forwarding, so you will have money to spare!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the inputs. Looking into the tenso forwarding service right now. Any other recommendations? Available here in the US if possible..

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #11,189 of 100,498
Quote:
HOLY !@##%()((&&%$%#$@^&*()_)_(*^&$!!!
eek.gif

I want some of what they are smoking.

Funny, before the RE-600 came out I was wondering why their flagship IEM was so cheap and not so high end compared to their full sized headphones. Like HE-6 is $1000+, HE-500 is $500+

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #11,190 of 100,498
Quote:
yeah I know that getting something different would also be good, but I'm very used to it. plus I'm a poor student and as crazy as I am, I can't justify (or even if I could, I wouldn't be able to )paying for other iems until this one isn't broken. yeah, yeah, I'm not a real headfier and lack resolve for this mania bla-bla, but still :D

My future plans are something like this:

1 - get a good DAP (that would be X3)
2 - save up some more and get a higher end set of iems (I'm thinking about those new dual balanced armature zero audios, doppio or whatever they're called)
3 - maybe save up some more and get something like a fiio e12

should be ok as long as iems go...

I am looking forward to them X3s myself. Though I have to admit I am very happy with my Z1060 for on the go. The X3 should be a relative bargain for the price they are gonna sell them for so that is a good plan. Having a good source always makes a solid difference..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back