The discovery thread!
Mar 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #8,447 of 100,767
Quote:
Agreed!!!

Hey Carlsan, your current list of headphones crashes my laptop when I try to view it lol. I'm pretty sure you were responding about the xba40's. But do you have the ws99's as well? If not, then what's up with that!
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #8,448 of 100,767
Quote:
Filling the void these CKN70s will be tough but I am confident I can do it reasonable well with your help. Y-cord here I come.

I don't think you should have given them away tbh as I know you don't have a high budget set and these are probably the best iem's you can get in this price range. Hopefully the CKS77x will be the one for you but if not, you will have to spend more if you want an iem that is as good as these CKN70's.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #8,449 of 100,767

A little bit late to the party but look what the cat dragged in. Upon opening the box I thought " @#$@ these little CKN70's are tiny, there's nothing to them, they're double the price of the S500's and I don't need portables at the moment so maybe I'll leave em boxed and sell em to my buddy" Just then wifey walks in, takes a look at the cat sniffing the two packages, grabs the S500's and says "thanks". Well that solved that. Listened to em both and I won't cry that wifey hijacked the S500's, these CKN70's on me head now are impressive. These lil nanomicrobuggers are the shnizzlezit as far as I'm concerned. I was asked not to give a review until 300 hours of breakin which I will abide by.

EE

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #8,450 of 100,767
Quote:

A little bit late to the party but look what the cat dragged in. Upon opening the box I thought " @#$@ these little CKN70's are tiny, there's nothing to them, they're double the price of the S500's and I don't need portables at the moment so maybe I'll leave em boxed and sell em to my buddy" Just then wifey walks in, takes a look at the cat sniffing the two packages, grabs the S500's and says "thanks". Well that solved that. Listened to em both and I won't cry that wifey hijacked the S500's, these CKN70's on me head now are impressive. These lil nanomicrobuggers are the shnizzlezit as far as I'm concerned. I was asked not to give a review until 300 hours of breakin which I will abide by.

EE

LMAO you sure got a cool wifey. She got good taste!!!

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #8,451 of 100,767
Quote:

EE

You have the same colour of CKN70 & S500 as I do, good choices
biggrin.gif

Btw, I would say that the CKN70's are better than the S500's anyway, glad you are enjoying them so far
smile.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #8,452 of 100,767
Quote:
Upon opening the box I thought " @#$@ these little CKN70's are tiny, there's nothing to them, 

Mine just arrived today as well. I had to pick them up at the post office. I couldn't wait, opened them in the parking lot, plugged them into my phone (didn't have my portable rig on me) and was impressed right away. Sounded even better with the rig.

My first thought was exactly the same as yours. They are SO small compared to what the images made them out to be. Super light and it's almost like they aren't even there. 

Maybe I've grown so accustom to the terrible cord on the monoprice 9927s that anything not trying to strangle me with murderous intent is a step up, but I really have nothing negative to say about the cable, I actually like it.

Putting them on the burner, cant wait for them to finish cooking. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #8,453 of 100,767
Quote:
JVC FXZ200/ ATH CKN70 Impressions/ Comparisons:

Comparing the CKN70s to the FXZ200s it is like comparing sushi to filet mignon, both are amazing in it's own right. Even though i have never had filet mignon, that's how i imagine it would taste like when listening the FXZ200s; hearty yet classy at the same time. The CKN70s has this really elegant and refined texture to them which is similar to sushi in characteristics. These fundamental difference makes it really difficult to A/B the two since they are just too different sounding, so it all boils down to ones sound preferences. Neither these are truly the best, because there is simply no best, just different styles of musical presentation and rendition.

OMG!   ....you don't know what you're missing !
tongue.gif

Quote:
Atomik has just green lighted those GR07 BEs, i am afraid........... very afraid.
triportsad.gif

The longer the better, "That's what she said."
beerchug.gif

It ain't the size of it !!!   ....it's what it CAN do that matters !!

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #8,454 of 100,767
Quote:

EE

Welcome !    ...you're not late, we only just started the party !
biggrin.gif

Great advise ! ...whoever told you to burn them for 300 hrs
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #8,455 of 100,767
Quote:
Received my ckn70 yesterday  so far at 20hrs and i found the treble is too high for my liking :frowning2: will leave it burn in and hope will bring down the treble. ( not sure if this help , any advise for a newbie ? ) 

Have anyone try the FXZ tip with the ckn70 ? I found the treble reduce by using the FXZ tip and sound better than the original tip :)

LOL ! ...you keep burning them Bro !     ...after 300 hrs, they'll melt your ears away with their liquid vocals !
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #8,456 of 100,767
Ya I'm finding the treble high as well on the CKN70's (S500 seem fine though), however I've read enough here to know to not get too excited over it until they've been roasted n toasted.I also wouldn't comment on brightness until I've heard them on tubes even though I realize this isn't how they will be commonly used. I find tubes match well with playing digital files and vinyl matches better with solid state, just a broad generalization. I told the wife earlier that they can sound even better after breaking in... so... at the end of the evening she rolls into the office with her laptop and the S500 an goes "here". That's code for "I really like these an can you burn em in for me please".

EE

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #8,458 of 100,767
Quote:
I don't think you should have given them away tbh as I know you don't have a high budget set and these are probably the best iem's you can get in this price range. Hopefully the CKS77x will be the one for you but if not, you will have to spend more if you want an iem that is as good as these CKN70's.

I'm just not a fan whatsoever of the J-Cord, don't like using a clip for my IEMs either.

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #8,459 of 100,767
In other news... ELE-plastique is still burning. About 48hrs thus far and still going. I'll be back in another 2 days. I hit up the top of that thing with electrical tape to minimize the blue led. It's super bright. !_!

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #8,460 of 100,767
Has anyone ever damaged their phones/iems during breakin? I've done lots of reading here and don't remember coming across anything as such but just checking as I'm "melting" the drivers as Dsnuts has said. I've got em cranked up pretty good.

EE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back